Game Bug: Error "invalid opcode 16"

Users who are viewing this thread

I just downloaded and installed the game, and it looks great! I love the new artwork and the music.

However, after getting through the character setup, as soon as I hit "continue" on the story page I get a crash and it says "invalid opcode 16."

No matter what I do, this always happens (I've tried starting new games 5 times now). I started the tutorial instead, and the tutorial works fine. However, everything was incredibly bright, I couldnt see much of anything. I turned all the graphics down and now I can see my character and his red clothes, but his hair is a weird yellow color and there is a weird yellow color all throughout the environment.

I hope this gets fixed soon!

Computer Specs:
Alienware 17
Graphics Card: Geforce GTX 770M
Ram: 16 GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.4 GHz
64-bit operating system

I haven't even got to experience the Viking conquest due to everytime I try to hit continue to start campaign it will crash due to invalid opcode 16 or even when I try to do a custom battle... I am running version 1.158 of warband and I have seen that for some people to fix it they must upgrade to 1.162 and j haven't seen a version of it on taleworlds so if that is how you fix the opcode thing or whatever then where do I go to get this update for warband? Just downloaded the 1.163 and tried to play it same error keeps popping up.. This is a waste of my time and I wish I could get a refund so disappointed

I had the same problem, it took me all day, to figure out something very simple.

Basically, i thought i updated my Warband to 1.163, but i actually didnt ( actually im still a little confused as my rgl log still says im using 1.157 )

I couldnt update my warband to 1.163 ( even though the launcher said it was 1.163 ) because of fmodex.dll. i couldnt remove fmodex.dll because it was in use. turns out mb_warband.exe was running in my processes, once i ended it through task manager, i was able to delete fmodex.dll and install 1.163

Trust me, once your warband is version 1.163 VC works fine.

Back
Top Bottom