Full Release Battle size Cap Increase?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think Bannerlord Should increase the total unit cap for the full release to allow higher potential battle size so people with higher end PCs could push to the limit. Right now the cap is at 2048 units, I think increasing the cap to 4096 units on the engine would allow for more epic battles.

I agree with the OP, having 4096 and I would argue even 8192 as an option is going to allow for more epic battles.

Besides, PC's are getting better. By the time Mount and Blade 3 comes out, this game will be run on PC's several generations ahead of the current generation of PC's.

They should make it smaller to match their small maps and POV only UI.

You can always turn the battle size down, but there is no option to turn it up past 2048.

There's also the fact that RTS camera exists. The problem is that only Taleworlds can change the battle size over 2048.

No, I don't want reinforcement spawns.

That's impossible, unless you want all units to come spawn at once at the start or you want only really small battles.

• Spawning all units at once is not practical for the largest battle sizes, and doesn't allow for flexibility in modding (there are mods that push up the unit sizes to the point where over 5000 units are in a battle - more if you count that a cavalry unit counts as 2 units in the engine). There would be performance hits if that were to happen.
  • The only other way is to have really small party sizes and the number of units in each army. That way the battle size would be too small to need to spawn. This would require that there be no more than 512 units per army per side, accounting for cavalry counting as 2 units. That's really restricting.

Both of these have far bigger drawbacks than allowing 4096 units.

Another problem I have with this quote is that it basically forces your style of play on the rest of us. You can always turn down the unit sizes, if that is what you want in your game (and mod the game to limit party sizes and army sizes), but we who want a larger size have no way to turn it up unless Taleworlds makes a change on their end. If this is an engine limit, this won't be something the modders can fix.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom