Full INSTALATION

Users who are viewing this thread

Kazzan said:
The easy installer tool is lying around somewhere in the unofficial tools section.

It isn't particularly hidden: Warband Mod Installer Script.
It is extraordinarily easy to use...if you're able to make a coherent mod, you can easily package it with this.

On the same page, if you're playing a computer game, you should be able to navigate the folders on your computer. Light, if you have a computer and can go on the internet, you should be able to navigate the folders on your computer.

I'm amazed that people would spend months / years building a mod, then not build a proper installer for it so that nubs are dealing with the familiar installer interface they're comfortable with, tbh. 

IDK, I guess that's just me. 

Pretty underwhelmed with the comments here; asking Ye Olde End-User to find their Steam directory and mess with the file system is lazy and could cause them to make all sorts of Bad Things to happen to their install.

Does anyone know by now which mod the OP meant btw?

Edit: Waaaait. I'm reading this wrong. This is a global message? For everyone?

:shock:

I think he meant that he and most other people are to retarded to unzip a mod in their modules folder
So he needs a program to do that automatically for him otherwise he cannot play a mod....

:smile:

Spam topic is spam

spam.jpg

I could look for M&B in my steam directory, but I wouldn't find anything.
Which is why Janus's script auto-detects a non-Steam install as well.

In all seriousness, the Steam installs are buried in, what, the fourth directory down, or fifth in Vista/7?  For a person who isn't computer-savvy, that's fairly intimidating.

Plus, if end-users screw any of that up along the way, or delete something by mistake, they can screw up Steam in general, or their Warband install to the point they need to reinstall the game :razz:

Back
Top Bottom