Friendly fire game mechanics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kharille

Knight at Arms
Not sure how the game works but do you think there may be a mod or the means to mod a game so that there is more friendly fire?  Might be a good reason to make you order your archers to hold fire, and also should you decide to run ahead of your troops.  I keep hearing those arrows whistling by but as far as I can tell its not possible.  Is the computer AI able to 'miss' and hit you?

AI stops to shoot when any ally is between them and their target. Way too overcautious imo. I'd love to have option to select which troops of our/allied parties  mean "clear shoot" under any circuimstances  :twisted:

Lord Brutus said:
Melee friendly fire is disabled but your troops can and will hit you and you can hit them with projectiles.

I don't think this is true. The most I've seen is that they can hit your shield. The player can always shoot allies though.

I've heard that there are ways to enable these things but they end very poorly due to how the AI deals with it. Archers shoot each other because they stand too close together and melee troops kill each other because they swing without regard for the allies around them.

Regarding friendly fire I have a different experience because I play only mods

None of my or allied soldiers not dies because this thing

SAUS said:
Lord Brutus said:
Melee friendly fire is disabled but your troops can and will hit you and you can hit them with projectiles.

I don't think this is true. The most I've seen is that they can hit your shield. The player can always shoot allies though.

I've heard that there are ways to enable these things but they end very poorly due to how the AI deals with it. Archers shoot each other because they stand too close together and melee troops kill each other because they swing without regard for the allies around them.
Whether you think it's true or not is immaterial.  Your allies will try not to hit you with projectiles but it happens sometimes.  Your allies cannot hit you with melee weapons.  Facts all.

Really?  Haven't tested it to its limits but I remember early games I got masses of archers and I run on ahead.  Its quite amazing they never hit me, maybe they're that careful.

I always cringe when I get that red text.  Its worse when I'm shooting in third person mode on gekokujo.  Morale decrease all around....

Back
Top Bottom