Friendly Enemies, help me understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi guys, can anyone explain this: I'm playing the storyline campaign (first time). My main character is a Celtic Breton. I gave the letter to West Saxe, and I'm now a Lord of West Saxe. I noticed this upset a lot of Celtic-type lords (Cornish, Welsh), and tbh it upset me as a Breton but the storyline only gave me a choice to side with Vikings or Saxons.

My real question: West Saxe, and hence my character also, is currently at war with the Welsh. Check. Welsh hosts and towns/castles show as red. check.......Now here comes the confusion:

- When Welsh armies see me, they do not attempt to chase me down, no matter how close I go. They completely ignore me. It can't be because of my army size, I only have 27 men.

- I can even approach the Welsh Lords and talk to them. They are civil and still do not attack yet, from their dialogue responses, they clearly recognize me as an enemy at war with them. I even helped one of their men who was injured. I done this because my character loves his Celtic brethren and really doesn't want to be on the side of the Saxons, but had no real choice :smile:

I have only ever played Mount and Blade once before in sandbox mode and I never noticed this behaviour before.

Is this a feature of the storyline campaign? Some kind of fudge for events to come in the campaign? or is it a dynamic feature of the game's diplomacy mechanics? I notice I have quite high relations with many of the Welsh and Cornish Lords, despite never having any interactions with them. I assume this is because my character is Breton/Celtic, and they recognize this? Or something?

I trid searching for information on this but I couldn't find any. If anyone can say a few words on how this works/what's going on, or just has any good links that explain what's going on, I'd appretiate it.

Back
Top Bottom