Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

GenericSoldierX said:
Computica said:
GenericSoldierX said:
Hey, I'm wondering, is not being able to have more then 5000 taxpayers in a town a bug, or is that some kind of hardcoded limit?
It's more of a set limit than a hard-coded one. I'm still adjusting population mechanics.
Alright, I understand, thanks for the quick answer!

P.S. I think I found a bug, when a town reaches 5000 people it's wealth slowly starts to decay, I've seen this happen with two towns, Rayshore and Ashlyn, both towns got to 5000 people and slowly the prosperity went from rich to very poor after a few in-game weeks, does the population have anything to do with the prosperity or are those towns just going through economy problems?

Naa thats not a bug. That just means the gehto's are getting bigger.

I just started playing and was immediately given a quest to consult my minister.
The quest log says: "Consult <Player Characters Name> at your court in <Player Characters name>. You have 29 days to complete this task."

So I'm kinda confused, I'm to consult myself in my court which is also named myself?

Where is this minister and where is this court?

Anyways, I like the mod from what I've seen so far.

apeleutheros said:
I just started playing and was immediately given a quest to consult my minister.
The quest log says: "Consult <Player Characters Name> at your court in <Player Characters name>. You have 29 days to complete this task."

So I'm kinda confused, I'm to consult myself in my court which is also named myself?

It's a bug, 3.0 is still in beta, in fact it's being skipped now so Computica can complete 4.0.

apeleutheros said:

Do exactly what Dr. Pringles just said. Don't keep playing that the game when that occurs. Otherwise you'll find more glitches.

Thank for responding quickly. I tried googling a 3.1 patch but I'm getting nothing. Sorry for being a nuisance.

EDIT: Never mind I found it in the repository.

I got that bug about speaking to the minister, but thought I had already installed the patch... Ill try installing it again, all I did was copy the files into the 3.0 folder, is that what I was meant to do?

Seems like I fixed it. Enjoying this, despite the lag. Ive notice lords dont come to gang rape me like they usually do after I take a castle. Is that intended? Also, do you have plans to have lords upgrade their own equipment, like they do in The Eagle and the Radiant Cross?

The patch usually has to be applied after you get the error. Don't ask me why. =P

I've also noticed that Lords rarely retaliate immediately after taking a castle. Could be they have other wars to fight.

Well four eventually came. Then aden asked for peace, so I demanded 1000 denars and they accepted. Soon after they lost a town to the Swadians, I assume they wanted out of my war to defend against Swadia.

Griskard said:
Well four eventually came. Then aden asked for peace, so I demanded 1000 denars and they accepted. Soon after they lost a town to the Swadians, I assume they wanted out of my war to defend against Swadia.
Yeah, normally that is the case with factions. They'll pound you if they have no other wars to fight.

Aden losing to swadia?  MADDNESS!! 

anyways are you going to keep the off-land npc lord recruitment cooldown at 1 month? because its really hard to get a good faction up and running and protect it until the npcs kick in with a handful of native companions and 1 new vassal every month.

also all chamberlan recruited vassals lose 2-6 liking every week or so, is that already talked about?

Kickthecat75 said:

anyways are you going to keep the off-land npc lord recruitment cooldown at 1 month? because its really hard to get a good faction up and running and protect it until the npcs kick in with a handful of native companions and 1 new vassal every month.

also all chamberlan recruited vassals lose 2-6 liking every week or so, is that already talked about?

I believe you should be able to get normal Lords as well, right? Although I didn't get in my game, which might have to do with the Lords having plenty of lands. If you lose 2-6 liking with Lords, check your Government System. Did you set it very Centralized (I think it's that one)? That hurts relations with your Lords. Decentralized actually increases liking every time.

Marche said:
Kickthecat75 said:

I believe you should be able to get normal Lords as well, right? Although I didn't get in my game, which might have to do with the Lords having plenty of lands. If you lose 2-6 liking with Lords, check your Government System. Did you set it very Centralized (I think it's that one)? That hurts relations with your Lords. Decentralized actually increases liking every time.

Your correct about the Centralization Marche. You can get Normal Lords too, but it will be a bit tougher to do so. In 4.0 I've made things a bit easier.

Griskard said:
I got that bug about speaking to the minister, but thought I had already installed the patch... Ill try installing it again, all I did was copy the files into the 3.0 folder, is that what I was meant to do?

I got the same issue, now I never get it, no quest, nothing, I start in Aden a lot( choose Republic of Marina and seems I end up in Aden instead) but I just installed the mod today, copied the patch into the 3.0 folder, am I doing something wrong?

Back
Top Bottom