Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

KnightOfVaegir said:
t11 said:
How can I look at my Right to Rule?

My wife says it's low, but I don't know where I can go to see how low it actually is. I checked under the character report and it is not there.

Report--> Character...

I tried that (see bold). lol. Wasn't there. So if it's supposed to be, I wonder what is wrong.

And I removed her from power. Now she just buys me bread.  :twisted:

HopeSlayer said:
plus ya have an awesome community behind ya..

+ that private military company idea (PMC) is an awesome idea

I wanna make one! and loot stuff and kill random people and disregard the law... I think I will call it .. Blackwater.

zing? lol
Thanks, because I have such an awesome community that helps make the game even better. A lot of the bugs that were in the game would have still been in the game were it not for a majority of the people here on the forums. I still have a lot of names to add on the credits.
@zing: ARMA 2???

:O maybe...blackwater is a pmc (private military corporation) the U.S hired to help in afganistan. and they like kill people at random cause they have no laws  :shock:

just a fun political pun.. OHHH Rhymez  :eek:

HopeSlayer said:
plus ya have an awesome community behind ya..

+ that private military company idea (PMC) is an awesome idea

I wanna make one! and loot stuff and kill random people and disregard the law... I think I will call it .. Blackwater.

zing? lol

Or you could call it Norinco, if you want to talk about some folk who are seriously beyond the law.

ithilienranger said:
What is the cancelled "bad boy" system about?

the badboy system was a system which had influence on your relation with the other kingdoms and lords. When you conquer castles/towns your badboy rating would increase. When it reached a certain point all kingdoms would declare war on you. Every week the badboy rating dropped a bit with a factor concerning your honour and your relation with the other kingdoms.

The reason computica isn't implementing it is because its an unfinished feature which needs serieus rebalancing.

for more info considering the badboy check the sword of damocles subforum in the cartographers guild

Computica said:
DlegendRD said:
Is it possible to change ur kingdoms culture if ur king, like in some of the other mods?
No, not since 3.0B patch 1. Switching cultures would break the game.
Can you change cultures if you lose your old kingdom, or when can you change your culture?

ithilienranger said:
Computica said:
DlegendRD said:
Is it possible to change ur kingdoms culture if ur king, like in some of the other mods?
No, not since 3.0B patch 1. Switching cultures would break the game.
Can you change cultures if you lose your old kingdom, or when can you change your culture?
The Culture you choose will be permanent. It represents which kingdom you grew up in. I will end up expanding the choose able option to the 5 native factions also. The Legion and the Ponavosans will not be able to be chosen as cultures.

Hi, I was playing early SoD versions in vanila M&B, now I discovered this (I'm more than happy) and I DL'ed 3.0 beta. Now, is there any detailed list of features other than that general one? My problem is that - for instance -  I remember that as you had your own faction doing vassal missons wasn't the way to go, but now new factions are also on the map, so I'm not sure how should i aproach this.

Maybe there is a guide somewhere, or maybe I should look for older (non-beta) versions for more clarified info?

Shimmmy said:
Hi, I was playing early SoD versions in vanila M&B, now I discovered this (I'm more than happy) and I DL'ed 3.0 beta. Now, is there any detailed list of features other than that general one? My problem is that - for instance -  I remember that as you had your own faction doing vassal missons wasn't the way to go, but now new factions are also on the map, so I'm not sure how should i aproach this.

Maybe there is a guide somewhere, or maybe I should look for older (non-beta) versions for more clarified info?
Compared to SOD Gold this game is not yet complete. Here's the current features list:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,159860.0.html

Ok, feature list nice.

So, ok I will reduce that to one question:

Should trying to take over a castle to create my own "kingdom" be my main early-game goal, just like in previous versions, or now (due to the fact that new factions are already on  map) i have to join family etc?

Shimmmy said:
Ok, feature list nice.

So, ok I will reduce that to one question:

Should trying to take over a castle to create my own "kingdom" be my main early-game goal, just like in previous versions, or now (due to the fact that new factions are already on  map) i have to join family etc?
Unlike SOD Gold you can do both. There are more benefits to being a King at the moment so be a mercenary in the early game for a month then get strong enough to capture a castle. I'll be adding more benefits for vassals a bit later.

Woah, I played it a bit and I must say that this mod (version 3.0 that is, i didn't try running previous version so I don't now if there are any difference between beta and non-beta ones) causes some major performance issues for me. I can run really big battles on highest graphic settings without a drop in FPS's but on strategic view it's getting really weird. I i'm still getting like 70-100 FPS's but - for instance - every couple a seconds game freezes for a brief moment, when I'm waiting in camp, it isn't really getting faster etc.

Any solution? Or is it just that amount of stuff going on in background is so huge that my PC can't handle it?

Use the "_Optional" folder in the mods module folder. Make sure you have the 3.0 patch 1 installed also. 3.0B Patch 1 fixed the looter spam issue. The game might go slow in the 2nd month but it will pick up again later. For 4.0 I added a new feature for bandit parties which I won't reveal just yet. Yes, there is a lot more going in the background of the game. The game will be doing a lot more thinking  than native behind the scenes.

I just started playing this mod last night and I'm already hooked.  I don't even know how I got on without it.  :grin:

Has anyone started a wiki for this mod at all? There is just so much new content that should be documented in some way. I'd like to be able to check the troop trees for each new faction if I could.

You should really have your own website for this work of art!  :shock:

Endrin said:
I just started playing this mod last night and I'm already hooked.  I don't even know how I got on without it.  :grin:

Has anyone started a wiki for this mod at all? There is just so much new content that should be documented in some way. I'd like to be able to check the troop trees for each new faction if I could.

You should really have your own website for this work of art!  :shock:
You've got a point. We actually have a sister site with a mini wiki but I don't know how much detail can be put in it. Since we have our main forum the sister site is more of a get away haven for the team.

It's actually tough for me to track all my changes too. I've done so much to the game only 1/5 of the changes are on the Features list.

Have you tried the 3.0 Beta?

Back
Top Bottom