french mod

Users who are viewing this thread

jackyjkchan said:
bonjour
je suis chinios et je detest le francias

DESTESTE LE FRACAIS!!

Lol, it shows :twisted:

Anyway, Salinoc, I guess you could just put the adjectives into brackets, for a starter ( pour Vouge Equilibrée, ça ferait *Qualité: équilibrée* Vouge ) it's a bit awkward (ok, it's totally awkward), but it's a good filler, imho, and it fixes the gender problem. As for the accents, well, many games just ditch them in the localized version, it's just not a big deal, you guess what epee means right away anyway, and since there's no accent anywhere, you'd get used to it right away.
Anyway, if you want, I can help you, I'm french too.

I use an awful amount of "way" in my posts :???:

You must be right, I must be a little too much perfectionist... but I want to make a good translation, or no translation at all. That's why I made some research to translate some words with the good one (ie "a padded cloth" is "un gambison" in good french). I am considering asking Armagan to make something, but I think he have more important things to do for his game before (after all, the game is still beta, so it is normal it have no translation yet).

And, to Jackyjkchan : Thank you very much for this very interesting argument :???: (It is strange that you took the time to translate it in a language you hate so much). I am sorry to say that, but I am french and I do not hate chinese at all. :lol:

I just glanced at this thread, and read French Maid....

Must spend some more time with my fiancee :roll:

Jez XxX

Salinoc said:
And, to Jackyjkchan : Thank you very much for this very interesting argument :???: (It is strange that you took the time to translate it in a language you hate so much). I am sorry to say that, but I am french and I do not hate chinese at all. :lol:

I think he meant the language :wink:

Jez_Wolf said:
I just glanced at this thread, and read French Maid....

Must spend some more time with my fiancee :roll:

Jez XxX

No, no, you're right, the game needs french maids :lol:

if you want help me for the mod, go in this link : http://www.totalwar.fr/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=957&st=0#entry13007
i have make pub for the game : ) and i ask if someone want join my team of translation. but it's write in french :grin: .

Ok, I found a solution for the é caracter and I will make the same thing for the others.

sanstitre121fs.jpg

For the moment I give you the file : http://rapidshare.de/files/4094058/comic_sans.tga.html

Replace the original file (in Textures folder) with this one (make a backup... as always) and in the txt files, you need to use €___ , so 1 € and 3 _ instead each é and that will work fine. I don't know why, but my file is 4Mo and the original is only 242ko.... but that works :grin:

Au fait je suis français aussi, donc je vais pas faire les caractères pas francais (désolé les portugais lol), mais je vais faire le è, le à, le ê et surement le ù. Pour les autres je pense pas que ce soit indispensable :smile:

I remember someone translated the entire game into Turkish.

Maybe he could give you some help.

merci dust :grin: ! merci pour ton super programme, on va pouvoir avoir une traduction de qualité grâce à toi. au niveau accents, ceux que tu as cités suffisent amplement. pas besoin d'autre chose.

ryuta, we don't need another member for this mod, we are 4, and it's sufficient. thank for the information.

we have finished about 56 % of traduction.

Bah, french is so frekin hard to learn. I flunked that class soooo badly.

The words never sound how they are spelled, and sometimes it sounds just plain weird.

haha i made my french teacher cry in high school. i got A's in nearly every subject except in french i never did my homework and always sat out in the hall. she asked me whether I hated her :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom