Freelancer mod tells me to return to captured lord, but lord is prisoner!

Users who are viewing this thread

lordboy54

Recruit
I only have 3-4 days left before im a deserter, but the king which i joined his army remains prisoner of his enemies. Is this working as intended? What am i supposed to do?

I went to Yalen where he was supposedly held prisoner, talked to the guard which told me to get permission from a lord first. Which i tried to do but there was no option to ask, so i went back, bribed the guard, got into the prison, but then my only option was to tell the king i was resquing him, so ended up getting outside the prison, attacking the guard for the keys, getting quickly beaten, and now im imprisoned too...

What the heck are you even meant to do in cases like this? Whatever i do seems wrong, but i cannot figure out for the life of me what the freelancer mod wants me to do with the quest to return to a lord after losing a battle and the lord is imprisioned.  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:???: :roll:

edit:

xPBtxgf.jpg

But i did! I even tried to save him  :cry:

edit2:

This is bull****

TCBE7dK.jpg

wanted to add a that part of full metal jacket where private pyle goes "Everybody hates me now" but for some reason no one have bothered to upload it :C

Anyone have any tips for me?

edit3: ended up cheating by closing the game with the process manager before it could save, then with control shift f4 to knock out guards and to resque him. Didnt work cause only have a few hours before timer runs out(and everybody hates me), and it takes a while for them to return after being resqued.

is there any way to cheat/mod the quests or something?

I really really really dont want so many kingdoms and people hate me just so early on for no particular reason. Not to mention the honour loss.

You were on the right path. When your commander gets captured, you have to rescue him, so that you can rejoin his retinue. Since you may need an army for rescuing him, it's best to start recruiting troops immediately after he gets captured.

In such a situation, there's 3 options you have:
-if your commander is still a prisoner of some enemy lord, raise an army and defeat that lord in battle, to free your commander.
-if your commander is already held prisoner in a castle/town, you either have to do a prison break, as you've done, or conquer the castle/town.

It's tough times, when your commander gets captured.

I kinda agree that this particular feature really sucks...  I mean seriously? how are you supposed to take over a major town or castle if your trying to rescue your freelancer lord? NO you cant take towns or castles because your freelancing, you have to swear your sword to the king before you can go attacking a town by which point your no longer freelanceing >.>

Then there's the jailbreak option.... I have no bloody clue how to do that. The guard only gives you 2 options, to bribe him... or get permission from the lord. So you go to the castle and talk to the Lord. (who may or may not be out in the field) And there are no options reguarding the prisoner at all.. Just the normal stuff you'd get to ask him if you ran into him out in the field.

Bribing the guard dont work.. sure he'll let you in.. but he tells you he's gonna keep the keys

Heh...i made tons of prison breaks
Come on i thought you were the boss here
The option to bribe or give me the keys now!
Sometimes i did like 10 tries.. its even easier when you are unknown as you can get into the settlement with your set and the only bad thing depends on the organization of the castle/town. Some of them have nearby soldiers around so when you attack the prison guard and not kill him fast you will be in a trouble. And other is when the castle guard is just some meters from prison guard.
Come on you have some days..if you die and get imprisoned you can try over and over again. Or have better things to do? XD

Back
Top Bottom