Found a game in development that is kinda like PW in a large scale

Users who are viewing this thread

hakjimmy

Sergeant Knight at Arms
It's melee:battleground produced by the old CRPG team. The map size is 225 Km2  and you have to capture resources point to build your village and upgrade your castle. And you can also make armours and weapons in your own castle.It's not a roleplay style game in general whereas it's more of an action+strategy style one.So you don't have to build castle brick by brick ,and you don't even have to cart back the resource you found outside your base. It's all done automatically. So I see it takes all the fun part of a decent role play game.Like you could have a caravan roaming around trading goods and fight against bandits .There are only 2 kingdoms in the game ,so you compete with each other all the time with endless fight going on and on.

A lot of these small scale indie games don't do so well, but this looks nice. Although I don't get why theres only gana be 2 kingdoms. D: But I do love the fact that you can build up your village/castle! Must get more info for the hype train :3

Swiftwisp said:
Didn't their funding project fail? I thought they couldn't develop this and was buried as a project?
They said they would still work on it I believe.
EDIT : Just looked on their site and they released a beta version back in February and there are still servers up and everything. So, it is still very much active.

Creating a game where you have no need to gather resources or do anything yourself but log in, fight, log out leaves all the fun out of it, no wonder they didn't get funded, i'm playing a game where they reduced the need of gathering stone by adding mines, added walls and removed the need to protect it, due to adding NPC guards, population dropped by 'least 50-60% why? No need to play the game and it got boring.

Anyway, this is the Persistent World forum, not the "Hey i found another game forum"

Your name must be scott, because you sure are a ****. :3 jk but seriously no need to shoot it down like that none of us know what will be changed or added in the future of the game. And let him post about a game its freedom of speech my man.

Tribunus Meridius said:
Your name must be scott, because you sure are a ****. :3 jk but seriously no need to shoot it down like that none of us know what will be changed or added in the future of the game. And let him post about a game its freedom of speech my man.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,12250.msg208344.html#msg208344
The Rules said:
you have no right of free speech or anything of the sort.

Tribunus Meridius said:
A lot of these small scale indie games don't do so well, but this looks nice. Although I don't get why theres only gana be 2 kingdoms. D: But I do love the fact that you can build up your village/castle! Must get more info for the hype train :3

There are two kingdoms but in it various different factions. They said they might change the two kingdoms idea if it doesn't work out.
I guess they don't want to have permanent warfare between the two kingdoms but rather smaller civil wars within them as is historically more accurate. Every now and then you can have big-scale kingdom vs. kingdom wars but diplomacy should be very much encouraged.

Kickstarter failed but they have alternative funding. There is supposed to be an internal alpha build by June.

Back
Top Bottom