Follow the spy on meeting

Users who are viewing this thread

Frost_Knight

Sergeant
This is an odd mission, i simply couldn't find out how to solve it.

I received it from a lord, then he told me that i should talk with one of his soldiers that will point out the spy, and then i should follow him out of town to his master and capture them both. But where do i find this soldier ? or more directly the spy ? does he leave the town as soon as the mission is given ? And another thing, when i open the quest status, and click on this quest, it doesn't have a time limit until i fail it... odd.  :neutral:

(Did some forum search for this quest, but didn't manage to get anything useful out..)

To my knowledge there is no soldier to ask.
As soon as you leave the keep (you are now in map view) some time will pass where you won't be able to do anything. During that time a group (in quest blue) of one will leave the city. That is the spy on his meeting to the master. You have to follow him, as he will be out of sight you either have to guess the direction or follow his trail (if you have the ability).
If your group is too slow he will meet his master (also in quest blue) and leave again. You won't be able to catch him but his master.
If your group is too fast and he sees you he will try to flee (perhaps back to the city). I don't know if you can catch his master in that case.
The spy is called "ordinary townman" or something, his master is called "ordinary <have forgotten>" and will have some guards with him.

It is easy to miss the spy leaving the town, your best bet is following his trail. If you can't do that your only chance to succeed is to cheat. :neutral:

This quest turn out not to be so bad if you or a party member have high spotting and tracking skills. As well, make sure you order your men to use blunt weapons and carry one yourself...

you need good spotting, pathfinding, and tracking to work this quest. Usually quite a long journey to follow and is particularly problematic if you run into enemy parties and have to manuever to avoid them.

I haven't been able to beat this one the two times I've tried, followed the trail and nabbed the spy's contact, but never saw the spy. My big party is too slow.  :sad:

Sorry about the bumping.

Thought I'd just add that you need at least 1 in prisoner management for capturing them. They do not function like the kidnapped girl. Also want to restate that you need to knock them unconscious with a blunt weapon. A horse if it has enough charge.

Back
Top Bottom