Fluorescent feathers and vegetation

Users who are viewing this thread

MatLae

Sergeant at Arms
Playing a lot with units that are wearing feathers, I noticed something strange. Feathers don't seem to have shadow effect. I tried to look at this, looking at the differences feathers under light and in shadow.

There is the problem, I saw this:

84e in the light:

84e in the shadow:

As you can see, the feather doesn't get darker. Shadow doesn't  have any influence on the feather luminosity. Two minutes later, I changed the map for the night version and I saw that:

This time, bushes and tree's leaves have the same problem.

After seeing that, I used openBRF to go to take a look to the material file. Lookin at the Plumes_texture and at a bush file, I noticed that:

As you can see, "Bump" and "Specular" are noted "none" and all textures linked to those kind of files are fluorescent. Taking a look a any uniforme texture, I saw that:

There, "Bump" and "Specular" are noted with a folder finishing by "_n" and by "_s" And I have great reasons to think that this is the main base of the problem cause those files are absent  for Plumes_texture and bushes files.

It's something that a lot of people that I play with have, but some doesn't have. It's really strange and I wish that there is a solution or that it could be patched in the next uptade  :smile:

It is not what you think.

It is a optimization step that is enabled by setting the flora/vegetation shadow detail to low.

The feathers/plants/treeleaves are handled through this optimization step that does no shadow calculations.

As such, to fix this visual error;

Try setting the flora shadow details to high.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom