Floris development question

Users who are viewing this thread

nomercy253

Recruit
i just wanna know if people are still working on it.
i really love floris and i've been waiting for 2.6
I can't seem to find the answer so im just gonna ask here

No. Us initial devs have stopped working on floris and started waiting on bannerlord.Try silverstagg for now :wink:

Ps: floris is osp and we have given permission for anyone to continue it (preferably initially as a submod until sognificant changes have been made).

OSP? Google tells me that that's a village in slovenia. Urban dictionary told me it means "Oral Sex Party" or "Old school *****" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=OSP

What filth are you doing with Floris!!!11!

Ahhh bannerlord
im really excited for that

thanks for the closure as well

wanted to try silverstag though cant seem to get WSE to work

Thanks again for clearing this up

(unrelated)
is there an ETA for bannerlord yet?

Is there anyone who is continuing the development as a submod per chance?
Silverstagg is pretty darn good and certainly has the quality that Floris does, but the troop trees and the way you recruit them are just plain awful

Yeah I got too busy to continue my submod, and it isn't really necessarily a continuation of Floris to begin with anyway. It was more of an overhaul (of an overhaul).

Ironically what got me excited to do the submod in the first place was the initial announcement of Bannerlord, and what got me demotivated was the subsequent announcements of Bannerlord (particularly the blog posts).

Why try silverstag?  All ive read and watched is much worse than floris...he should try to start building his project from what you have done exactly.
And besides that, if bannerlord isnt coming untill 2016 means you will take it like holidays? I know that the upcoming modding engine might be great but i would like to see more updates.
For example the new reworked troops i dont like... i would even prefer to see a tier 8 than stacking all at 6.
Making bandits as a joinable sub faction or a complex troop tree for'em would be nice.
Use your head and think what can floris have... i could help with suggestions objectively
I never seen such a good and big work like this, maybe as i dont know anything in modding i think its easy or so, sorry in that case, but ive spent a huge amount of hours in several characters, unified calradia once and quited before conquering other 2/3 games.
So i guess i could help if needed. Im waiting for bannerlords aswell but i hate this waiting is taking so long. Floris FTW ; D

Silverstagg offers a much more comprehensive approach in comparison to Floris. Plus it has features that we do not. Just give it a spin and see for yourself.

We didnt just stop developing Floris due to the upcoming MB Game, but because Floris, while a work of passion, is also a work of newcomers. When we started this project, the majority of the team was very new to modding and it shows in our design decisions, particularly the usage of large scale osps such as diplomacy. The route we took required a very large amount of work purely for the purpose of making it all work together and what really took away our motivation was that once we had learned enough to create our own features, we were also able to understand just how much of a hindrance the OSPs were for our ideas. Proper implementation of things would always require diving deeply into a strangers code, trying to find ways to keep it working, while also allowing for our own approaches to be sensible and fun. The continous review of the OSP bits also showed us more and more things we disliked about them. Considering however how much work (about a years worth) was poured into just making them work together, should make it clear that one couldn't "just" fix things. We would have had to entirely rewrite Floris from scratch, which is not something our lifes allowed for at the time, nor did we see the need as people do enjoy Floris as it is.

I understand. In my point of view, due maybe to how i am, the thing i probably enjoyed more of floris was the complex troop trees and the incredible amount of items. I have never been a guy who used many quest or features. As soon as i knew the possibility of becoming a soldier i always done it. After waiting much time politics changed and my economy was incredible strong so i could start my own story. But ill give it a look (silverstag) knowing that each different thing i will find i will automaticly compare with floris.
Last months i was trying out ACOK but due to the simple troop trees and several bugs around i got pissed so fast.
In a game of war troop trees gives you much more options than adding other kind of things. Never or hardly ever a battle is the same as other.
Thx for the reply

Silverstag actually has way more and better features than Floris. All those kingdom and party management options and stuff. The only thing that Floris has over Silverstag at this point is the graphical side, and that's a matter of preference and tech specs because a lot of people didn't even like or couldn't play with the graphics that Floris included due to system specs.

Personally though I still get that weird beta feel from Silverstag. It may be just me but I don't feel like I'm actually playing whenever I play Silverstag. I feel like I'm just bug/feature testing, so I couldn't really sink my teeth into it. It could be a psychological effect due to all the new features that aren't included in most other mods (Floris included), so I feel a subconscious need to play with the new features instead of playing the game seriously and trying to conquer Calradia or build my empire.

So is there a mod that acts as a kind of spritual side-step from Floris? One that is in a basically completed form and is current to the latest version of Warband?

Edit:
It's in version 0.5, but just saw A New Dawn.

Back
Top Bottom