Floris Basic : Battle Animations

Users who are viewing this thread

So if i read right , it's just native + music + items and such , but isn't there a way of implementing the battle animations expanded uses?
I tried the link on one of the main posts , but it doesn't works.

Is there any place that i can just get them?

oTeC said:
Ugh, the 'how to installing in another mod'- info is horrible :l
You just have to replace 2 files.
-Install the CAE module. Take its actions.txt file and its skeletons.brf file. (or for Gameplay, take the actions.txt above)
-Drop them into your Floris folder (.brfs go in Resources)
-If there is another file in Floris\Resources that has 'skeletons' in it, rename your new skeletons file to match and delete the old one.
If not (for Basic, I don't believe there is) then don't rename the file, but open up module.ini and change load_resource = skeletons to load_mod_resource = skeletons
-You're done.

Thanks for the info , while using the explanation on the CAE mod's page, i got some kind of error relating to the skeleton of some horse .

So after a clean reinstall and following your instructions it still gives me the popup of skel_horse something missing.

I copied the action.txt u linked me in the gameplay folder and put the skeletons file in my resources (had to rename it to min_mov_skele...) but it still gives me that popup.

The exact error is : RGL-warning - get_object failed for skeleton model : skel_horse

Alright. Looks like mon might have changed what was in that Resource file and I didn't realize. Apologies for the wild goose chase.
If you have Expanded installed, your easiest bet I guess then would to take Expanded's min_mov_skeleton.brf and actions.txt files and use those.

Or leave the actions.txt from above...and here's Expanded's min_mov_skeleton.

If anyone else who's reading this wants to also add new combat animations to basic/gameplay.

-Download Combat Animation Enhancement (From somewhere above in this thread)
-Install it
-Download Caba'drin's min_mov_skeleton from above
-Paste the action.txt file from the Combat Animation Enhancement folder in the mod folder of wich u like to add this to and overwrite the old one.
-Then go into resources of the mod and delete min_mov_skeleton and replace it by the one of Caba 'drin's or just overwrite it.
- Finished and working perfectly (Same for Basic as for the Gameplay edition)

Actually, for:
Caba`drin said:
Gameplay, you'll need to use this actions.txt file (or the Expanded actions.txt file, if you have Expanded installed) rather than what you get from the CAE download.

And it won't hurt to use that actions.txt for Basic either. So just download that actions.txt and
Caba`drin said:
and overwrite and you're done. No need to download the CAE mod after all.

Back
Top Bottom