Fixed Troop Tree Upgrades (Complete w/ Factions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ty for the fix, I just don't quite agree with it however.

I was going to make this myself but I just couldn't get around the fact that upgrading your unit can actually decrease their level.  It was my thought that maybe some of the troops were the ones you got from villages, and then there was perhaps some that were recruited by the recruiter when you owned your own town/fortress (Havn't played that far yet, just based on what I've read that there is a way to recruit like that).

I really wish that there was an official troop tree in the manual, or that someone with the russian version could confirm this is how they upgrade.

Thanks a lot for this, playing with this file since 3-4 hours, got a little problem with upgrading some units but w/e it's not that big difference. For example; when you upgrade an marksman unit with 4 thaler unkeep, he downgrades to some unit with 2 thaler unkeep which isn't a omg thing.

Also, where is the offical patch?! omg :/ It shouldn't be that hard to fix this, am I wrong ?

It really should not be that hard to fix, I mean Z_E_N did it in 24 hours or less.

I can only speculate, but since this game was primarily developed by Sich studios Taleworlds is waiting for them to get the patch done.  And they might be dragging their feet for some reason. 

I mean the upgrades were working with the preview build of the game. (I seen it working in a Total Biscuit video) so what the eff?

Oh well, I will be using this if there still is no patch.  Thank you very much Z_E_N Taleworlds or SiCH should pay you for fixing their stuff.

Seems weird, which is why I'm still plugging away on a version.

Anyone gotten to the point where you can recruit units from factions?

I haven't, and that's what's leaving me confused here. Because if you just recruit a militia unit from a village or town, your tree seems mostly right and what I'd have done for the most part. But, if as some posts have led me to believe, you buy em from a dude like you would from the merc camp, then it might be off.

Here's the other thing that's weirding me out.

A) I've seen Winged Hussars in game under AI
B) Initial AI buys from the party_templates parties A, B, C, specific to Poland, none of which include Winged Hussars
C) There is no valid vanilla upgrade path to hussars.

So far as I know, they shouldn't be showing up in AI parties at start, but they are. So there's that.

Maxim Suvorov said:
Aeon221 said:
Seems weird, which is why I'm still plugging away on a version.
Here's the other thing that's weirding me out.

WFaS uses it's own script-controlled system to refill AI-armies according to some rules.

so its not like warband where iv watched computers Ai go out hire people and then level them up  just like player does ?

i remember seeing armies with knights and other high level troops in warband right after they had lost all their soldiers.  im making a cheat game right now to see how this works and to see how the troops you get from commanders in the town centers work as well.

Thanks for this fix, but troops get expensive really quickly while the difference between recruit and elite is very little.

Because upgrading doesn't change equip the balance i think should be mainly focussing on str, powerstrike and hp. HP should be much higher on elite troops (100 sounds about right to me).

meek05 said:
where do you paste it? i don't quite get on how to get it work

on your M&B WFaS folder there's a folder called modules, in there theres another one called "Ogniem i Mieczem"(whatever the hell that means...), is inside that folder you'll paste the files, replacing the ones there.

Works quite well, I will be testing it and will relay any further bugs I see. Thank you very much for doing the hard work that seemed to not be in place on the international version but was in place on the Russian version; cheers!

For the person with the 1500+ AI army :  Are you sure this isn't a combined force?  Typically each AI "lord" will have around 120-150 troops, if 10 of them join the same battle that will shoot up to 1500.

Also to clarify on the "deleveling" units:  There is a Veteran system in place on this game that I can't fully implement aside from the standard troop tree.  The reason that your unit delevels is because they go from Veteran to a new type of unit that isn't Veteran.  The non-veteran upgrade will be slightly weaker, but the veteran version of that unit will be stronger.  Like this:

T3 Ranged - Level 6 -> T3 Ranged Veteran - Level 10 -> T4 Ranged - Level 8 ->  T4 Ranged Veteran - Level 12.

It was basically a choice of either doing it this way, or completely leaving out Veterans entirely.  I'm sure the Devs planned something else to "Veteran" your existing units, but it isn't implemented yet.  As I personally like the idea of "Veteran" units being a little stronger than the next tier up, I decided to put those in as well. 

samipso said:
Thanks for this fix, but troops get expensive really quickly while the difference between recruit and elite is very little.

Because upgrading doesn't change equip the balance i think should be mainly focussing on str, powerstrike and hp. HP should be much higher on elite troops (100 sounds about right to me).

This is the case on Mercenaries only, if you recruit faction units you will see that they change gear normally as they level up, and the Thaler cost is much more reasonable :smile:.

As far as I can tell there is no reason to upgrade mercenaries from the camp unless you already have your recruits at max gear and have money to spare.  The upgraded version isn't That much better to warrant the shoot up to 20 thaler cost.  Save your money, keep them at recruit level, and just upgrade the gear.

Faction units are well worth the upgrades though, as they get substantially better in higher tiers gear wise and stat wise.

Something is wrong with zaporozhian cavalryman they gain the experience to upgrade to veteran but when you click to upgrade them they reset back to normal losing the exp, only to gain exp to upgrade just to lose it again.

Ducarmel said:
Something is wrong with zaporozhian cavalryman they gain the experience to upgrade to veteran but when you click to upgrade them they reset back to normal losing the exp, only to gain exp to upgrade just to lose it again.

Got it thanks :smile:,  Fixed now in the new download link on page 1, should be working now.

Z_E_N said:
For the person with the 1500+ AI army :  Are you sure this isn't a combined force?  Typically each AI "lord" will have around 120-150 troops, if 10 of them join the same battle that will shoot up to 1500.

You could find my nick name in the credits  :roll:

This bug would defenatly arise after sometime. For example check the troops count in cities by just spending some time in camp or tavern.

To implement troops trees as well you need a lot of codding in the module system (re-work and rebalance pary templates and some scripts) and also changes in module_troops is required.

Back
Top Bottom