SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Fix for matrilineal culture bug when?

Users who are viewing this thread

Emax

Recruit
This one bug is messing up my playthroughs more than any other.

I've had to shelve the game for now, it is really that gamebreaking!

Well, I had to break down and install some mods. It appears "Houses of Calradia" can remedy the issue, at least as long as it stays compatible with new game versions.

But really, this is pretty fundamental stuff that should get fixed without the need for mods.

Arbitrarely setting it to Mothers culture is wrong.

But what would be right?
Setting it to fathers culture would obviously be wrong too, all female clanleaders(including the player) get´s wrong culture children.
Setting it to clanleaders culture is wrong too. In my last playthrough lots of the clans in my kingdom is lead by a female charachter not born in the clan(and often with another culture)
Setting it to the kingdom culture the clan is member of is rather accurute..... as long as at least one of the parents share that culture.. And.. Not all clans are in a kingdom so a fallback is needed anyway...

Arbitrarely setting it to Mothers culture is wrong.

But what would be right?
Setting it to fathers culture would obviously be wrong too, all female clanleaders(including the player) get´s wrong culture children.
Setting it to clanleaders culture is wrong too. In my last playthrough lots of the clans in my kingdom is lead by a female charachter not born in the clan(and often with another culture)
Setting it to the kingdom culture the clan is member of is rather accurute..... as long as at least one of the parents share that culture.. And.. Not all clans are in a kingdom so a fallback is needed anyway...
Setting, the culture of child based on dominant partner of the marriage.
If the dominant partner is female, all childs get the culture of their mother.
If the dominant partner is male, all childs get the culture of their father.

You know the partner who stays in the clan.
That´s not a persistant setting, it´s just a piece of code happening when the marriage happens. The game can't remember that when a child is born.

And it does not solve all issues.

Clan A: Imperial female clanleader
Marries Aserai male. He moves. Clan leader dies. Aserai male remarries, stays in clan A. Imperial wife. What should be the culture of the children? Aserai? Nothing won.

That´s not a persistant setting, it´s just a piece of code happening when the marriage happens. The game can't remember that when a child is born.

And it does not solve all issues.

Clan A: Imperial female clanleader
Marries Aserai male. He moves. Clan leader dies. Aserai male remarries, stays in clan A. Imperial wife. What should be the culture of the children? Aserai? Nothing won.
In this case, the Aserai hero should go back to his orginial clan, because the marriage is no longer active.

its annoying this problem still persists. these posts are a year old and the bug has still not been addressed

i dont know why anyone is arguing who should have TOTAL control over the culture, no one should have total control. it should be as it was intended

the son dresses up, wields weapons, and is named after the culture of his father, therefore he should inherit his fathers culture. the daughter dresses up, wields weapons, and is named after the culture of her mother, therefore she would inherit her mothers culture (she already does). there is nothing to argue about here, its already set up to work the intended way, the way ai is programmed to understand it when picking partners. they just did not bother to fix how it ended up like

if it works as intended, because sons stay in clans while daughters leave the clan when marrying, every clan will always be represented by the culture the men have, unless all men die out in the clan or leave to marry women clan leaders. other than those rare (and interesting, when working as intended) instances, the clans cultures will remain perfectly in line with the kingdoms culture, while still allowing clans to take advantage of foreign culture women and their daughters, to help govern foreign towns

and that is why i dont want to hear another virgin complain about women being allowed to fight as much as men in the game. they are not at an equal with men. they are expected to rot in a town governing it, and to pop out babies, and to leave home when marrying to be used as breeding cattle by some clan that does not care about them. it only makes right that their logistics skills (steward = increases party size) is put to use when they are done with their "duty" and can raise a nice large party to protect them on the battlefield. lets not turn the women into dull figurines again wasting away in castles, the majority already get to do that in bannerlord during all their fertile years... their loss of fertility is not guaranteed before the age of 60, so go figure. the odd few that get to fight at an early age were meant for it. there is no point in stalling the speed of their leveling when all their focus points lies in fighting. same way you wouldnt force a high charm high steward dude to go do nothing but fighting, when he would be better off as a governor. besides, fighting skills lend to the effectiveness of governing, so let them all have at it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom