FIX FOR CRITICAL ISSUE - GAME CLOSES AFTER LOADING SCREEN BEFORE MAIN MENU

Users who are viewing this thread

Follow these steps. I fixed my game with that.

First you need to make sure all your files are unblocked – in bin folder, right click a file and open it's properties, see if any of them are blocked (if one is blocked, all of them will be). This message will show up at the bottom:

“This file came from another computer and might be blocked.”

To fix this go to the main root folder, the folder that contains ALL of the game data such as the Bin, Module folder etc... and right click it then uncheck ”read-only”. It will then make every single file in there un-read. This might take a while.

After that open windows powershell [not with SHIFT + RIGHTCLICK but with your windows search (windows key)] and use the following command:

dir (YOUR PATH) -Recurse | Unblock-File

Your Path should be the bin->Win64 shipping client HOWEVER you should use it on the folder which contains all of the data though in case of any other problems.

My game now loads and works perfectly.

Last edited:
Can you be more specific?

Which folder that contains all the data?

Do I do:

dir "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" -Recurse | Unblock-File

?

Or some specific ingame folder?

Can you be more specific?

Which folder that contains all the data?

Do I do:

dir "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" -Recurse | Unblock-File

?

Or some specific ingame folder?
All your stuff with bin, module, etc. the main folder. I believe your's is correct. You have to remove the apostrophes from that command though

I hope this gets fixed by the developers. Feel your suffering. I don't know what to do more.

had the same problem, but i don’t think my files were blocked. will check later. can you attack your crash log(if you still have it). wanna see your errors there

Any update on this? Played last night with no issues, now today ModLib crashes the game before it even starts, no updates to the game or the mod it's super weird. Tried everything and nothing works

Back
Top Bottom