[FIX] 0.614 - Invalid CD Key Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Septa Scarabae

Knight at Arms
I noticed my two character profiles were picking up different servers, which gave me the idea of creating a new profile and seeing what servers I picked up. I'm able to queue all the servers again and get into them. If you're running into the 'incorrect authorization key' error, try creating a new profile or deleting your profile and re-creating it. It must have something to do with the server queue not updating properly, even when refreshed, on old profiles.

Kleidophoros said:
Refresh doesnt work, you need Search for servers again to see them properly.

That's what I meant, but that wasn't cutting it and still doesn't on the other two profiles.

Kleidophoros said:
Refresh doesnt work, you need Search for servers again to see them properly.

Refresh does work. It just doesnt add or remove servers. Refresh refreshes your cached servers. Start Search creates a new cache of servers. Basically meaning, the number of servers wont change with refresh, so youll still see a server thats down and you wont see a server that was down and is now up. Pushing start search gets a list of the current servers and caches it and is then what refresh will run off of.

Creating a new profile is just a long way of doing "start search"  :mrgreen:

Darkness said:
Creating a new profile is just a long way of doing "start search"

Some people were having problems picking up the servers since v.0.614, myself included. The only way I was able to bypass them not coming up when using 'Start Search' was to create a new profile. I don't know if the issue has been resolved and whether it was client or server side, but the 'Start Search' button was simply not working.

I got problems with invalid authorisation key since about yesterday midnight. Then I tried to delete old and make new profile. Problem disappeared, but there are no EU or US servers on my server list only GAMES_ON_NET and all have pings about 350.  Is there some way to get back EU servers? I have tried to start search again, create new profile again, but i have still sames servers on my server list.

der.jar said:
I got problems with invalid authorisation key since about yesterday midnight. Then I tried to delete old and make new profile. Problem disappeared, but there are no EU or US servers on my server list only GAMES_ON_NET and all have pings about 350.  Is there some way to get back EU servers? I have tried to start search again, create new profile again, but i have still sames servers on my server list.

When I start a new search, I'm only able to queue games_on_net servers. It may be a temporary problem, I'd try again tomorrow. It was working properly early Friday.

der.jar said:
I have exactly the same problem, i think the games on net servers are australian, hence the high ping, but why does it think we are australian? Im european.

Yesterday I started playing and got disconnected a few minutes after - not really d/c actually, but all characters including mine started running in circle or forward without ever stopping, which is the same I guess.
Then I tried to rejoin and got the incorrect auth key problem on all EU servers.

However, what I found weird is that, while I could refresh two EU servers from Favorites, they showed up as having the exact same amount of players (25 and 3:cool: for 1 hour straight, which is very unlikely to happen. Besides, when I changed the option to "Internet", Start Search could not find any EU server, only the US and australian ones.
So I guess the EU servers went down when I got d/c, despite them still being "refreshed" in my Favorites.

Shouldn't someone change the topic of this thread or the first post since this ISN'T the fix for it. This will only lead people creating and editing their profiles when there's no use for that. You only need to press the 'Search Servers' button at the top to see the active servers while it's set on Internet, not favourites. Favourite list will show offline servers while they really aren't there.

sadnhappy said:
Shouldn't someone change the topic of this thread or the first post since this ISN'T the fix for it. This will only lead people creating and editing their profiles when there's no use for that. You only need to press the 'Search Servers' button at the top to see the active servers while it's set on Internet, not favourites. Favourite list will show offline servers while they really aren't there.

I had two profiles. When I clicked 'Start Search' (not Refresh), it would only queue the same servers over again, and I would get an 'Incorrect Authorization Key' error. I created a new profile, and it fixed the problem. I still had the same problem on the other two profiles. I'm not saying it will fix it for everyone, but it did for me at the time I wasn't able to queue any servers. The servers were up at the time, it was a different issue.

Septa Scarabae said:
sadnhappy said:

I had two profiles. When I clicked 'Start Search' (not Refresh), it would only queue the same servers over again, and I would get an 'Incorrect Authorization Key' error. I created a new profile, and it fixed the problem. I still had the same problem on the other two profiles. I'm not saying it will fix it for everyone, but it did for me at the time I wasn't able to queue any servers. The servers were up at the time, it was a different issue.

Are you sure that you were viewing Internet servers and not just Favourites?  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom