Fire and Sword Version 1.141 is ready

Users who are viewing this thread

I read quite some topics on this forum and i'm amazed by the amount of suggestions hat were actually put in. Couching and females by example are asked quite often. I also spotted high and low stab attack with the spear and holding muskets by barrel at melee mode, some things i was asking for. Too bad high and low stab with rapier wasnt included. I got a feeling like the beta just ended and we now get to play the actual game
I'll say it once more, amazing patch, gonna enjoy it

Woow, just wow. You guys.. Yo, trust me I'm happy right now. Taleworlds all the way to the end of the world!

healthy huge hugs from me here in the north, love you guys! <3

Yeah guys,  Armagan never let us down ever since 2005 up to now.  You should always trust Taleworlds.  Every dollars u spent, it worth more than that.    :grin:

Forum Admins, 

Can we please have a separate forum for WF&S please , just like Mount & Blade , and Warband  I know the module system is not out yet but it's a tool to help modders community. 

Thanks you very much.

I just did a test on multiplayer and I really loved the new way to do captain mode! The new changes really come out when you are playing online.  It is quite fun!  <goes back to musket shooting horse archers>

Really love the new sounds!  Its a small but really meaningful change in terms of immersion.

Economy tweaks and the cost of food has me scrambling to keep my army on the go but everything looks promising.  Yet to mess with a caravan, we'll see how that goes :razz:.

Stuff I have noticed that's still weird:

Party Fire on my command followed by Party Fire at Will seems to be a little inconsistent, sometimes I have to remind my marksmen to fire directly. 
Have also notice some enemies get stuck aiming and won't fire even though it seems like they have viable targets. 
Enemies also aim while fleeing. 
Enemies continue to not despawn along eastern edge of wagon camp maps.

Did some testing myself, very early game.

I love the way you can see fairly easily where the shots miss and thus adjust your aim appropriately instead of just guessing.

Money is scarce - items still costs thousands for decent weapon and the most basic of actual armor. I haven't found any new ways of making money quickly, so it seems excessive looting and maybe slavery is necessary to get the 5k+ items such as wheelock muskets and breastplates.

Caravans and trade: I tried some basic stuff, buying velvet in Kiev and trying to reselling it - and probably made almost nothing after checking maybe 10 towns and castles for it.

Caravans seems to be cheaper, but I'm not sure how much you can make early on, since base cost and guards are too expensive and without spending several hundreds it will be raided within 20 seconds of leaving town. To my surprise though selling foodstuff can net you some profit (got 50-80 for meat and flour, while paying 6 for fish in reval), but even this will be small cash compared to earlier exploits. All in all it seems looting and selling expensive weapons and maybe prisoners is the way to go early-mid game.

There is still too much of an economic gap between cheap clothing that is essentially useless for protection (costing 50-300) and actual armor costing 4k-30k. How many hours of grinding, farming, trading and whatnot are deemed necessary to get basic weapons and armor? In M&B and Warband you could at least update gradually.

Yay! This patch has fixed the game! Melee is no longer UP, pistols (especially long-barrelled) are no longer OP and always used instead of muskets and the new sounds, effects and animations are absolutely superb! Seriously, this patch has massively improved the game and made it so much more enjoyable and varied (since people actually use different weapons in MP now!).

Great work guys, thanks very much for this :smile:

I love the new firearm system for shots fired! knowing where you bullet actually went is very useful for aiming at a long distance.

Friend of the Dork said:
Did some testing myself, very early game.

I love the way you can see fairly easily where the shots miss and thus adjust your aim appropriately instead of just guessing.

Money is scarce - items still costs thousands for decent weapon and the most basic of actual armor. I haven't found any new ways of making money quickly, so it seems excessive looting and maybe slavery is necessary to get the 5k+ items such as wheelock muskets and breastplates.

Caravans and trade: I tried some basic stuff, buying velvet in Kiev and trying to reselling it - and probably made almost nothing after checking maybe 10 towns and castles for it.

Caravans seems to be cheaper, but I'm not sure how much you can make early on, since base cost and guards are too expensive and without spending several hundreds it will be raided within 20 seconds of leaving town. To my surprise though selling foodstuff can net you some profit (got 50-80 for meat and flour, while paying 6 for fish in reval), but even this will be small cash compared to earlier exploits. All in all it seems looting and selling expensive weapons and maybe prisoners is the way to go early-mid game.

There is still too much of an economic gap between cheap clothing that is essentially useless for protection (costing 50-300) and actual armor costing 4k-30k. How many hours of grinding, farming, trading and whatnot are deemed necessary to get basic weapons and armor? In M&B and Warband you could at least update gradually.

Oh hang on. If the income from caravans have been decreased, the expenses should be decreased as well. How about the wages of mercenaries from camps?

Taking out the caravan income exploit, but making expenses the same, will make things extremely difficult to buy.

So far I like everything except the merc camps. The number you can hire seems to have been drastically reduced and this doesn't sit well at the moment. Everything else is pretty cool. Maybe I'll get used to the merc camps. Probably some balancing aspect but if you do not fix that thing that allows enemy lords to be beaten and immediately respawn with massive armies it really puts the player at a disadvantage if say the enemy lord can immediately have 300 guys and your scrambling about trying to squeeze dribblets out of the merc camps.

This was a fantastic patch, it fixed every issue I ever experianced with WFaS. Multiplayer is now more fun than ever and I have never agreed with 100% of a multipler balance patch before for any game until now. Well done!

Auldman said:
So far I like everything except the merc camps. The number you can hire seems to have been drastically reduced and this doesn't sit well at the moment. Everything else is pretty cool. Maybe I'll get used to the merc camps. Probably some balancing aspect but if you do not fix that thing that allows enemy lords to be beaten and immediately respawn with massive armies it really puts the player at a disadvantage if say the enemy lord can immediately have 300 guys and your scrambling about trying to squeeze dribblets out of the merc camps.

I like the merc camps but I don't like the hiring troops in town, it should go back to Warband style recruitment

Back
Top Bottom