Final Battle (SPOILERS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Vorrenus

Regular
I walk into this fight with Sven at Readingum with over 250 men (mostly hired Northyngr Vikings) and still get womped every time.. I believe Svens army numbers in upwards of 320.. Ive tried redeploying my men so that im not sandwiched in between both forces but in the end even with the best troops in the game i still lose pretty horribly.. Has anyone found a sure fire strategy for this fight?

The Devs generally suggest setting the damage to player/damage to allies setting to easier.  Past that, luck and hope, and it wouldn't hurt if you made sure you got one of the teamwork traits instead of Berserker.

Also, the N. Vikingr are not the best troop in game, by a good margin.  Their stats are pretty awesome, and they have good gear mostly.  However, some of them spawn without helmets, some spawn in just regular clothes, many will only have a seax as a weapon.  You do this again with 250 huskarls and I think it would go far easier for you.  Svear Warriors even would be a step up as far as I can tell.

I had about 90 max level archers, 20 various Vikings, 30 max level spearmen and infantry and 120 or so mid level spear and infantry with me when I did it.  All of my companions had great heavy armor and a horse as well so I had placed them in a Cavalry group that I usually have act as my retinue.  I've gone with wearing the best armor that doesn't have a penalty to movement and Berserker as my special trait.  I may be kind of squishy but that bridge troll sure didn't like me very much.  In key moments I'll go into my rage and thrash through enemy shields to destroy enemy elite troops quickly.  This battle didn't pose much of a challenge.  I just turned around and told my infantry to form a shieldwall and tighten up.  Then I placed my archers and told my companions to follow me.  It was over and I was on my way towards the town before Sven could shut his gaping jaw.

Back
Top Bottom