Fief Updates Are a Constant Bother

Users who are viewing this thread

tysoncooley

Recruit
Hey, all.

I've recently run into a problem.  I've captured a few cities and forts, and every week I receive literally dozens of updates on my taxes collected / money spent.

Honestly, I've got 2,000,000 thalor sitting in my bank, so I couldn't care less about what the plebs in village 1-a are paying me.

How do I turn off these fief / city warnings (updates?) that pop up every couple of days?  It's slowed my game to a crawl having to click through all of these updates every 40 seconds.

Here's an idea- restart your character. Spend all your money on things like food and then sell your gear, get rid of your troops.

When you are broke, alone, and with only food, enjoy getting money. Because you are at a point where you can't seem to appreciate it. So make it more valuable to you.

Seriously?  I get 1 reply and it's someone berating me for having a question?

Anybody else care to try and help me out?

Mod it out or better yet, just change the frequency; if player gold > X, then only update every 10 cycles, if player gold > Y, don't ever run that script / call that game menu / start the presentation (whichever applies). 

Should be pretty easy, all you need to do is hunt down the trigger that runs that update.  If you're not a coder, then the hardest part will be getting Module System set up and looking for the trigger, tbh; this isn't anything like rocket science to fix.

Are you talking specifically about the tax notifications? Or other notifications too?

In either case when searching the module system, search the file "module_scripts" for the following:
Code:
(call_script, "script_add_notification_menu",
if the bit that follows is something you don't care about, for example "mnu_notification_tax_collected"
then add a hash mark # to the beginning of that line, before (call_script...
then save the file and re-compile the module.

I have to say that the update for taxes and what not was better in Warband; but one thing I noticed on my game is that when the taxes auto collect they a significantly less then when I collect in person. Like 50000 in person and only 3000 with the auto collect.

xenoargh said:
Mod it out or better yet, just change the frequency; if player gold > X, then only update every 10 cycles, if player gold > Y, don't ever run that script / call that game menu / start the presentation (whichever applies). 

Should be pretty easy, all you need to do is hunt down the trigger that runs that update.  If you're not a coder, then the hardest part will be getting Module System set up and looking for the trigger, tbh; this isn't anything like rocket science to fix.

Would that not need a restart?

Caba`drin said:
Are you talking specifically about the tax notifications? Or other notifications too?

In either case when searching the module system, search the file "module_scripts" for the following:
Code:
(call_script, "script_add_notification_menu",
if the bit that follows is something you don't care about, for example "mnu_notification_tax_collected"
then add a hash mark # to the beginning of that line, before (call_script...
then save the file and re-compile the module.

'Recompile the module'

What does that mean?

Thank you.

Also cannot find a file with that exact name.

Thanks. The link for documentation in the readme just leads to the site for the game. Is there a specific link for documentation?

Is 'mnu_notification_about_gold_usage_after_construct' the bad boy that means lots of clicking. I commented out the tax one out and the rest are necessary.

Do I run 'build_module' in the folder where the built up files are located?

Glycerius said:
Thanks. The link for documentation in the readme just leads to the site for the game. Is there a specific link for documentation?
Either the official Module System Documentation sub-board in The Forge, or in another of The Forge's sub-boards Unofficial Tutorials, see the stickied jik's updated module system tutorial. Either should get you set up with Python 2.x.x and ready to go.

I've installed Python 2.7.2 and am looking through the tutorials.

oops need 2.6 only

2.6.2? That's the nearest option to 2.6.

Back
Top Bottom