SP Medieval Feudal Age

Users who are viewing this thread

Im going to make a mod.(duh!)

The mod name is right now Feudal Age but it might change.
Battles are going to be big. Its set in a Fantasy land but it will not include any unnatural or fantasy features. (xept fer maybe weapons or such)
The factions are:

Noble: Good all around faction. Heavy knights, Heavy infantery and archers.

Farmers: Light armoured troops. They have cavalery, archers and infantery units but their armour and equipment is poor. Huge in numbers.

Rebellion: Light armoured rebels owerwhelm the enemy and they have decent units.

Order: Teutonic style faction. Relies on their Ritterbruder and heavy armoured knights. (ha ha)

Invaders: Barbarians with light armour. Kherigit soldiers whitout the horses.

Progress:
Troop Tree
Map Done
Weapon prices veary high
Bandit Parties Done
Lore done

Planned Features:
New upgrades to castles
More bloodshed by adding patrols and prisoner trains and the likes
A questline
More small changes
New weapons and armour
other fun things
New heroes
New cities,villages and castles

Troop tree:

Nobles:
                          / Man-at-Arms
Millitia - Squire - Swordsman - Sergant                    Knight
              \Bowman - Archer - Longbowman

Farmers:
Farmer - Peasant Spearman - Town Millitia - Peasant Cavalery
                      \ Peasant Archer          \Barons Guard (i think)

The nobles troop tree is a little diffrent because you cant recruit their units in villages.
I know nothing of modding and this is my first mod but anyway.
I need no help and just posted this to see if anyone is intrested in a mod wich is basically just peasant slaughter.

Latest Download:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=863

WarCleric might help in the mod development but im not sure

Updates will follow soon.
Ask questions  :?: here and i will awnser. 
Also i need suggestions for what:

The female troop tree should be.
Location names.
Lord names.

Yup i could but... one problem though.
I am on vacation so i cant mod for some time. I will show some screens maybe next week in my next update.
:grin: atleast someone shows intrest!

sounds interestin  .. RITTERBRUDER damn .. hurry up cant wait to play ..  and dont forget to add some more helmets for teutonic order check out their helmets in MEDIEVAL 2 TOTAL WAR ..

I really like the factions. It will be interesting to see how you will balance them.
I imagine the farmers having a hard time against all the others  :wink:

Kazzan said:
Also i need suggestions for what:

Looters should be.
They could be footpads:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footpad

and the mountain bandits could be highwaymen or highway robbers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highwayman

Good luck with the mod  :smile:

Seems nice! I like the sound of rebellion faction, just my style...
Well I hope you make process with this mod, I have high expectations! :wink:

This is my second mod :wink: But i have not posted the other one on the repository. Thanks for the suggestions btw.
The map is done and the factions are somewhat...i dont know. Anyway I have not put any armours or items in to the game yet.

The lore is pretty much from a comic ive done and the book im  making.
There are factions outside the area wich feudal age takes place.
Some are Reskel, Groch, Krall, Drania, Ada, Trasken, Thotti and others.

Im currently making a middle earth mod for my self to.

Well, everyone has to start some wheres, and sometimes slowly..not that I know from experience :razz: but still, it doesn't hurt to have a thread for suggestions to help you on your way, right?

If you need help with anything specific tell me, I'll try to do what I can (since I have A LOT of free time now'adays  :cry: ) I'm not  exceptionally good at anything, but I'm mostly decent with everything  :lol:, oh and for a Lord name? Lord Kain duhh, :p Just kidding..I dont know, but you have to admit it sounds cool  :cool:

Crap forgot about that... Going to change it to "Owerwhelming numbers".

Ha ha ha.....
Dont you guys want any info of the units or anything? Just say it then

I'd like to hear about the rest of the troop trees, apart from the nobles.

About the female troop tree: here's a good article about female warriors in the (mostly late) Middle Ages:
http://swordmaiden.com/history/art-battle/
You will see there is limited knowledge of this and women were mostly forced into war/conflicts by circumstances under which they defended their home/children/husband.

They could be: Peasant woman > woman defender > aggressive housewife ( :smile: )> professional female soldier.

Another top tier troop could be warrior queen (but that 'title' was reserved for nobility).

EDIT: Forgot to mention another possibility: warrior nuns

Quote:
"The problem of warrior nuns became so pervasive that in 15th century
Bologna a law forbade citizens from loitering near convents for their own protection!  :smile:
Various popes established decrees forbidding women from engaging in martial combat or wearing armor,
again in an effort to reduce the power of these warrior nuns. This is one of the decrees which were used against Joan d’ Arc."

Hmm... Warrior Nuns.
Anyway it might be like this: Peasant woman - huntress - sword maiden - sword sister or something..

Soo how do i put my pics on the internet? I tried imageshack but they never sent me that email :sad:

Wow, impressive work already.

The map looks good, very compact  :smile: - and the names of places fit the scene quite well!

(notice I use colorful textures mod.)

And looters are now highwaymen - good idea (although highwaymen were usually on horseback, like **** Turpin  :smile: )
I would have preferred the steppe bandits to be replaced by highwaymen - and the looters to be rabble perhaps. But that's just me  :razz:

I also came across some reskel pirates (what does reskel mean?), seen here:

A small note: I couldn't get to the village called Torthal (on top of a snowy hill at the edge of the main land).

Good job. Keep it up  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom