Feints passing through the body while dueling

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd just like to point out that considering how strong movement speed is, along with how janky weapon reach can be (often times weirdly short), it's entirely plausible to read that "feint" as a missed swing. If I so much as tap s key once I'm usually out of my opponent's range.

Sure, there's a half-assed "audio" clue (that doesn't even make the feint swish sound 50% of time) which OP ignored, but the fact remains that the animation is total crap. It's a feint that is visually presented as a full swing, and that is bogus.

Yep. It should return to a default position that is clear to the player, but as I said in my post, they can't do this due to the extreme starting and end positions of the swings.

This is the price we pay to rid ourselves of the “janky” animations of warband feinting
It's far jankier under current animations. You couldn't vibrate your arms in WB for the same reason, it moved seemlessly between attack and defense. It looked unrealistic or simplistic maybe, but was more readable than BL.

It's far jankier under current animations. You couldn't vibrate your arms in WB for the same reason, it moved seemlessly between attack and defense. It looked unrealistic or simplistic maybe, but was more readable than BL.
Yeah that’s what I’m saying, Warband looked janky and silly but at least you can read what’s happening.

Maybe instead of sword turning into something that can phase through objects when feinting it should into something that does no damage because you stop the power behind the swing (like when you bump side of the spear). So instead of phasing through us it would do a little bump and also provide punishment for the feinter and people would be more careful spamming feints. I have died alot of times because of this ( and killed other players). It basically forces you to not trust your eyes , if you are playing without sound you have no way fighting someone that does feints like this.

i think feinting is should have a penalty of delaying your next attack?

I think we have enough delays as it is and would prefer if we don't add more. As some others have pointed out, Warband had fairly crisp, readable animations and the ones in Bannerlord need to be cleaned up. Feinting on it's own isn't even that bad, however. There are other factors in play that are exacerbating the situation, namely: large swing arcs, in-swing rotation, and extreme variations in movement speed and acceleration. These are topics that a lot of users, some of which are in this thread, have brought up since Alpha/Beta and I hope TaleWorlds has taken notice.

i dont know how to fix the problem of over feinting,

Chambers could punish feints if they weren't so inconsistent. I think this has to do with the animations and Bannerlord's necessity for the weapons to physically collide which is an issue aggravated by other factors such as character height and stance.

Do you really want the devs to spend a month fine-tuning this instead of working on other stuff? How long will it take to finish the game if they keep wasting time sitting on little things like this?

Yes. Or add some of the features we were promised last year?
3 crashes in our match last night, 1 player just couldnt be bothered and left. Failed to start the match so had to reinvite the group, nop that didnt work, had to restart the game.

We get into the game, its 100 throwing weapons flying everywhere, cavalry doing 70 damage average on hits, bumps send infantry flying for several seconds which is guaranteed death.
Performance of the game is lowered, looks worse and runs worse for me now.
What exactly do you think they should be working on? Because it sure as **** doesnt seem like the game is getting any better in any other aspect either.

What exactly do you think they should be working on?
Higher priority tasks like fixing those crashes you had. The goal is clear (game doesn't crash), so it's easier to achieve. Fine tuning the damage formula is slightly less clear, as you need to find the balance that the most people agree with, but it's still easier to achieve than the issue in OP. Improving their network architecture so more people can have better ping is also another improvement that I'd rather have. There's also siege AI, combat AI, smithing, making options to prevent your clan members from raiding, etc etc. You get the point.

I'm not saying this issue shouldn't be fixed, but it's very difficult to solve and the devs should work on more achievable and important things.

They're trying to cope at the fact that there are still people normally playing and talking about Multiplayer.

pepe.jpg
Multiplayer has been patched to be worse than it was before several times by people just complaining.

It's a design philosophy, people's main complaint about warband Multiplayer was "too hard", so they filled this game with "hard counters"- a fancy way of saying the classes and factions are NOT BALANCED ON PURPOSE so that people who make no effort to win the warband way can still win.

Last edited:
Higher priority tasks like fixing those crashes you had. The goal is clear (game doesn't crash), so it's easier to achieve. Fine tuning the damage formula is slightly less clear, as you need to find the balance that the most people agree with, but it's still easier to achieve than the issue in OP. Improving their network architecture so more people can have better ping is also another improvement that I'd rather have. There's also siege AI, combat AI, smithing, making options to prevent your clan members from raiding, etc etc. You get the point.

I'm not saying this issue shouldn't be fixed, but it's very difficult to solve and the devs should work on more achievable and important things.
Yet the crashes have been happening for months, and the match system issues have been there since day one.
"Reduce damage by 10%" for starter. Do testing, see if thats enough. If enough, great. If not enough, do more. They know what the problems are, we've been screaming about it for months.
Im not giving the MP developers crap, I'm giving Taleworld crap. Put some focus on the damn multiplayer or nobody will play it. Impossible to play the game at a higher level because the meta is so ****ing frustrating it makes me leave the game.

Back
Top Bottom