Feelings about E2 - discussion, suggestions and poll - show, how you like it!

How do you rate new economy system (E2)? From 1 to 6, where 6 is best, 1 is worst.

• 1!

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • 2!

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 3!

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 4!

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • 5!

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 6!

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dravic

Squire
Hello,

I'm back after short test of 3.5B version of PWMod and I must say, that it's FANTASTIC.

Really! Only thing that I see might not work properly is oven. It is said, that you must "give" oven a fuel first - I didn't do that, tried to refine iron ore and after about 10 time using oven it still was working. I was "hmmm". Why it didn't run out of fuel? I think it is bug, but someone might fuel it when I was in mine, tho when I hit oven with staff/steel pick/any other weap I grabbed - it gave "empty" sound, but i couldn't compare it to other sound dedicated for oven, so maybe I'm just wrong.

What we need is:

- harvesting, with bread at the end (i KNOW Laszlo, that you already prepared such a system, it just need to be added, but I'm not sure if bread can be eaten - it would be great, if bread could heal).
- hunger bar - it would force players to make bread! Maybe not too offensive system - every half hour from respawn you need to eat something. You need to make a hunger bar, so we can see if we are hungry or not. When hunger bar is empty, player loses about 2hp/minute.
- weapon making - maybe even completly removing normal weapon shops, and you could choose in kind of menu what weapon you want to create and you would need to be civil, and you would need various things in various amounts to create weapon - every weapon would have own requirements
- armor making - like above one, but it would need much more work, lets say, that i will forgive you, if you won't do such system. Not really necessary.

Post your suggestions and discuss about new economy!

Dravic said:
Hello,

I'm back after short test of 3.5B version of PWMod and I must say, that it's FANTASTIC.

Really! Only thing that I see might not work properly is oven. It is said, that you must "give" oven a fuel first - I didn't do that, tried to refine iron ore and after about 10 time using oven it still was working. I was "hmmm". Why it didn't run out of fuel? I think it is bug, but someone might fuel it when I was in mine, tho when I hit oven with staff/steel pick/any other weap I grabbed - it gave "empty" sound, but i couldn't compare it to other sound dedicated for oven, so maybe I'm just wrong.

What we need is:

- harvesting, with bread at the end (i KNOW Laszlo, that you already prepared such a system, it just need to be added, but I'm not sure if bread can be eaten - it would be great, if bread could heal).
- hunger bar - it would force players to make bread! Maybe not too offensive system - every half hour from respawn you need to eat something. You need to make a hunger bar, so we can see if we are hungry or not. When hunger bar is empty, player loses about 2hp/minute.
- weapon making - maybe even completly removing normal weapon shops, and you could choose in kind of menu what weapon you want to create and you would need to be civil, and you would need various things in various amounts to create weapon - every weapon would have own requirements
- armor making - like above one, but it would need much more work, lets say, that i will forgive you, if you won't do such system. Not really necessary.

Post your suggestions and discuss about new economy!

What about making ale?, i think that would be good.

Hmm... yes... ale... it would be great :smile:

But you know, economy must work! That is why every 2 or more branches of economy must be connected to each other, just like timber to "give" fuel to oven... that is why we need weapons making - you would make bows from wood, swords from iron etc.

So what effect would give ale? Maybe it would go in pair with "thirst bar"?

Hm... Yes, it would be quite nice if weapons could only be forged, not bought. Ofcourse people would have to use alot of moulds to make correct weapons.

ale has to  be made from wheat!

I would be graet to put that on two side of map.

At the moment you get mule as trader but when you gat to forign market then you mule is dying and you have to go back on foot.

Map should be created as world from mountines to the plains. You gat iron/wood in the mountines/you refine it...you sell it in plains when you get wheat for bread or for ale to sell it in the highland country. Trade always was better in circle.

However..I still believe that combination of both: E1 and E2 would work perfect.

When I played the PW WAR last year I thought  it would be a great add on to the pw mod itself    so I was really expecting the system we had in WAR    could be  introduced

like one serf can make different types of weapons and sheilds from different types of resources or different combanation of them  (iron bars and wood)  by the anvil and then  sell them to the knights  or even traders 

this could be something interesting  and  would bring in a new aspect of roleplay ,

say we can start off only  being  poorly armed  with some basic weapons or sheilds and if we want some better ones, we might wanna buy them from the serf or traders,    so all players begin with weapons like bandits level ,if they are ambitious they have to get in with the serf or traders and pay them to get onto the power

Uh, your map is the one with a village/city in the middle and a bunch of castles right? If so yes. But now I know the map a bit better so I'm not having as much difficulty.

Yes, you should. I think Laszlo, it maybe would be possible to make a map, that is shown after pressing for example M. Would be great to have such a map in-game.

I believ that non of the map done it what Laszlo asked to do:

lumberjack-- local -- refine---------------------------------------------------------------------------foreign
        mine-

It is till more like:
(Splintert map)
lumberjack - local----------------------------------refine-----------------------------------------------foreign
        mine -

or
(Leroy map)
lumberjack--------------------------------local---refine------------------------------------------------foreign
        mine--------------------------------

this make whole procces really long and no effective.

Me: not so much

Well ok, Runea is with her family and obviously got no internet but Azrayel for example refuses to play on Splintert's map
And Rabbit disappeared too along with many rpers

And now, there's ALWAYS some kind of randoming war going on, there are more brigands than ever before

I'm taking care of it. I'm setting up RP by quests that reflect whats going on in the server. the reason no one RP's is because there is no one wanting to trigger the spark anymore. Also, interiors of castles are either empty or nonexistant.

Back
Top Bottom