Feedback/observations for v3.9

Users who are viewing this thread

[ptx] said:
I suppose I shouldn't be going after unique spawns whilst not owning a fief/kingdom/etc.

Not at all, hunt what you what to hunt.
You can get a single baggage train from tavern keeper if you swap 2 various loot box with them and these help maintain a force before you get a garrison fief. Don't forget to resupply at villages as there are plently of these.

When a town/castle gets attacked and has its garrison reduced, does it grow back over time like it used to?
I ask because i've seen a few towns have their garrison reduced and aside from KO chapter units don't seem to be regenerating.

In regards to the fix that will get lords out of towns with a lower troop threshold, is the amount of troops 60?
From what i've seen the lords typically have around 45-55 troops.

[ptx] said:
I suppose I shouldn't be going after unique spawns whilst not owning a fief/kingdom/etc.
You can aim for unique spawns right away:

For me, on day 16, Holy Inquisitor Rasmus decided to sack Singal. Meanwhile I saw the D'Shar marshall army at Windholm riding towards Singal to defend the city :iamamoron: I just jumped in (1800 VS. 650 in our favor), and didn't had to do anything beside gaining positive relations with D'Shar, and negative relation with the Inquisition. And I got a Rasmus prisoner, with 3 PM!

Day 20, ran into a wounded Sheik Shalavan. Kited him close enough to 5 Empire lords, so that they could join in when I suddenly engaged Shalavan (had positive relations with the Empire). He eventually escaped, but this was another opportunity to get a Qualis Gem.

Day 32, got an Alaric von Brouhaha spawned in. I just needed one Sarleon lord to help me to ensure victory (Lord Malbert). He escaped as well sadly, but this was another chance for a gem (4 PM)

Day 40-42 (can't remember which), The Three Seers got caught by 9 Sarleon lords near Marleons. I just jumped in, and have unlocked Doomguide Leather and Darkwood Arrows for my CKO, so technically I "captured" them. With 4 PM.

Day 48, kited Eyegrim the Devourer near Sarleon, where a feast was held by dear Ulric. Held Eyegrim there till the end (1 day), when all lords left Sarleon at once. Jumped into Eyegrim with the help of these lords (1150 VS 680 iirc). I unlocked Doom Mace and Netherworld Shield, so another succesful roll with 4 PM.

I'm on Day 52 atm, where I'm trying to lure the Dread Legion into Warlord Zulkar and/or Marius Imperator + Burilgi the Usurper hired as his mercenary company. We shall see :grin:

As you can see, if you ask for rumors as much as you can, and you have the lowest Rumor Interval value (4, during character creation), you have quite a lot of opportunities right from the start, despite you have sh1tty troops, gear and skills. You just have to notice and live with these opportunities :mrgreen:

Armchair Cosmere Fanatic said:
What do you mean lowest rumor interval at character creation?
From the Wikia (http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Creation)
What is Rumor interval?: It affects how often the player can ask for rumors and get a valuable answer (hidden chest, unique spawn, Red Brotherhood hideout...). Lower is better. Range goes from 7 to 4. Rumor interval will always keep the lowest value your choices gave (for example, you start with 7, then pick "2d) Fend for Yourself" which gives 4, and finally "3d) Self employed merchant" which gives 5, your character will start with 4.

Brew said:
In regards to the fix that will get lords out of towns with a lower troop threshold, is the amount of troops 60?
From what i've seen the lords typically have around 45-55 troops.
It is not how it was fixed.

k0nr@d said:
It is not how it was fixed.

Nice!

They do come out of the towns/castles in the right situation as I had the D'Shar reduced to Nal Tar(dreading attacking it) and there where 16 lords in it.
I was hanging around outside with my army of 180 when they all flooded out to chase me.
Had to disband around 50 of my men in order to escape the horde :smile:

Heres a weird one, Sarleon is at war with D'Shar
Chasing down one of their lords gives this dialogue
GA4PXEi.jpg

Followed by this

jMWR19T.jpg
I attacked another lord awhile before this one without problem.

[ptx] said:
You can easily solo Alaric Unique spawn, i had less than 80 soldiers while enemy had 600+, with my low battle tactics, i spawned with 25 soldiers vs 250+ and still managed to win, got 3 reinforcements of 15+ each and managed to win, by the end i lost 30+ soldiers (Killed) and some wounded) and personally killed more than 110, i did this with the Fierdsvain factional troops, we managed to hold a line that even alarics peasant horde couldn't go through, pretty cool battle, i have full damage against allies (My own troops or allies) on, so i guess even elites could die to some peasants.

DeuxGzuis said:
[ptx] said:
You can easily solo Alaric Unique spawn, i had less than 80 soldiers while enemy had 600+, with my low battle tactics, i spawned with 25 soldiers vs 250+ and still managed to win, got 3 reinforcements of 15+ each and managed to win, by the end i lost 30+ soldiers (Killed) and some wounded) and personally killed more than 110, i did this with the Fierdsvain factional troops, we managed to hold a line that even alarics peasant horde couldn't go through, pretty cool battle, i have full damage against allies (My own troops or allies) on, so i guess even elites could die to some peasants.

The only hard part about beating Alaric is getting to him before some other party does. Guy has the lifespan of a fruitfly.

Brew said:
Heres a weird one, Sarleon is at war with D'Shar
Chasing down one of their lords gives this dialogue
GA4PXEi.jpg

Followed by this

jMWR19T.jpg
I attacked another lord awhile before this one without problem.

Do you have the "Ghost Quest" in the logquest?

http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_Quest

Gorvex said:
Yep, @Konrad made all shields' dimensions match the size of the mesh (texture). Round shields in particular no longer have invisible enlargements compared to their actual appearance, just as it should be.
While I really enjoy most of the changes and newly added features, this alone would make the 3.9 upgrade worthwhile. It was infuriating and immersion breaking at the same time when your arrows got stopped by thin air over and over again. I play with a pretty large battle size and it was close to impossible to get any shots to land in sieges before. Many thanks for that one :party:

DeSoto said:
Gorvex said:
Yep, @Konrad made all shields' dimensions match the size of the mesh (texture). Round shields in particular no longer have invisible enlargements compared to their actual appearance, just as it should be.
While I really enjoy most of the changes and newly added features, this alone would make the 3.9 upgrade worthwhile. It was infuriating and immersion breaking at the same time when your arrows got stopped by thin air over and over again. I play with a pretty large battle size and it was close to impossible to get any shots to land in sieges before. Many thanks for that one :party:
Shield skill still enlarges the protection zone but that makes sense at least. I like the change too but I also think archery as heavy cavalry is slightly too powerful in this mod. Better shieldwall AI and polearm bracing would make it a lot more fun.

incas said:
...and polearm bracing would make it a lot more fun.
Unless I misunderstood you, so if you have not meant "better" for this too, then polearm bracing is fully implemented in PoP, it's just disabled by default. To enable it both for you and for all units, open up module.ini found in your PoP folder and make "can_crouch" = 1

Gorvex said:
incas said:
Unless I misunderstood you, so if you have not meant "better" for this too, then polearm bracing is fully implemented in PoP, it's just disabled by default. To enable it both for you and for all units, open up module.ini found in your PoP folder and make "can_crouch" = 1

Why is it off by default? Were there problems with it?

aimlessgun said:
Gorvex said:
incas said:

Why is it off by default? Were there problems with it?
More accurate ranged units aim at heads, which in case of crouching soldiers are not at the usual level -> most bullets miss. 

Back
Top Bottom