[Feedback] New Singleplayer starter quest is very good

Users who are viewing this thread

You all are probably quite good at combat, so let me throw in that I like the fact that the initial quest is *quite* merciful.  I lost three or four times (yes I'm that bad) and was still able to eventually succeed in the quest.  This is a *very* good thing in an introductory quest.

It was decent, I'd like if there was a way to retroactively fix tha bug though, see, my 200 day+ save game is working now,  the incompatibility bug seems gone, however there's a snag in that I can't talk to most npcs because I only get that "I'm leaving the town soon" thing. I really would like if there was a way for them to retroactively fix that bug so my old save game could be used again, it was a pretty long game and enjoyable, yet not being able to talk to lords or anyone apart from my minister and companions is a giant snag.

You all are probably quite good at combat, so let me throw in that I like the fact that the initial quest is *quite* merciful.  I lost three or four times (yes I'm that bad) and was still able to eventually succeed in the quest.  This is a *very* good thing in an introductory quest.
I'm usually pretty decent in combat, but just started up a new game and had a funny incident with the very first bandit that attacks you in the streets - his Jarid headshot me at the same time my Crossbow Bolt headshot him. I've had that happen in multiplayer several times, but this is the first time in single player :lol:

I just finished this introduction. Was real fun although I was a bit too enthusiastic about finishing it and I got knocked down in the last part. Still won though. :razz:

It's definitely a good little quest, though admittedly a bit rough. There was one instance where talking to the merchant yielded the generic hostile encounter dialogue - can't remember the exact wording, but I believe it's the first line that steppe bandits (for instance) deliver. I'll try to recreate the situation this evening to file a proper report.

I agree about the weird/random spawn locations at the kidnappers' hideout - killing bandits is fun, but running back and forth across the entire map to do it.. isn't.

Starter quest chain is great but -

It would be cool if final merchant dialogue isn't generic for all factions. Or, that when merchant insults my king Graveth, I can challenge him on a duel or something.

(As you can see, these quests obviously have immersion :wink:  )

I thought it was shame that there wasn't the option of recruiting the merchant.... still I enjoyed the  quest nonetheless

I really enjoy the starter quest, both the first time I did it and later. I also like that its optional to keep doing the quest. However, it would have been great if there was a longer quest line that one could follow if one wanted to. Would have made the game more interesting in the time before one is strong enugh to become a vassal or mercenary for a king.

Back
Top Bottom