Features you want to see in single player Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

kingreaper said:
i want a system that allows you to have children in game! they have the marriage system but there is not enough actions for it the system is way to vague. it had no depth i would like the system to be added on and improved by more action such as more ways to improve your relations to your spouse as well as a system to have children.

CK2 and Warband having a love child is our dream game. Hopefully Bannerlord is that love child.

I think a dynasty system was planned at one point but they may have scrapped it. They mentioned it briefly in a turkish video interview with Armagan i think. Couple years ago

Kataphrakt said:
Heir system or RIOT  :evil:
I'll take a riot, if you please.  The game could use a couple of riots in the cities.  The heir system is totally optional, in my opinion.

Now, one thing I DON'T want to see in Bannerlord is ROADS, at least as they were in M&B.  I hated them.
Your half-trained fledgling army is running away from a gang of bandits with 3x your currently active numbers, since most of your companions and half your other troops are wounded, and you're already down to less than half of your hitpoints from the previous fight.  You should have no problem making it to the friendly castle ahead before they catch you.  There's road in the way, crossing your path.  Your army reaches the road, and turns 100 degrees to one side, actually getting CLOSER to the enemy.  You click toward the opposite side, and your army does a full 180 degree turn, heading down the road the opposite way instead of exiting off the opposite side.  The enemy army has no such problems and catches you.  Game over.  PLEASE, no stupid roads that make you take them, regardless of where you're heading.  I hated roads in M&B.

If roads ARE implemented, you should have to click somewhere ON the road to use road movement.  It should NOT send you more than 90 degrees off course under ANY circumstances, such as exiting a castle and going about twice the castle's width in nearly the exact opposite direction before finally turning in the direction you clicked.  Did I mention that I hated roads in M&B?

Honved said:
Kataphrakt said:
I'll take a riot, if you please.  The game could use a couple of riots in the cities.  The heir system is totally optional, in my opinion.

Now, one thing I DON'T want to see in Bannerlord is ROADS, at least as they were in M&B.  I hated them.
Your half-trained fledgling army is running away from a gang of bandits with 3x your currently active numbers, since most of your companions and half your other troops are wounded, and you're already down to less than half of your hitpoints from the previous fight.  You should have no problem making it to the friendly castle ahead before they catch you.  There's road in the way, crossing your path.  Your army reaches the road, and turns 100 degrees to one side, actually getting CLOSER to the enemy.  You click toward the opposite side, and your army does a full 180 degree turn, heading down the road the opposite way instead of exiting off the opposite side.  The enemy army has no such problems and catches you.  Game over.  PLEASE, no stupid roads that make you take them, regardless of where you're heading.  I hated roads in M&B.

If roads ARE implemented, you should have to click somewhere ON the road to use road movement.  It should NOT send you more than 90 degrees off course under ANY circumstances, such as exiting a castle and going about twice the castle's width in nearly the exact opposite direction before finally turning in the direction you clicked.  Did I mention that I hated roads in M&B?

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,369524.0.html

You'll like this thread

Kataphrakt said:

Completely agree. An heir system would just be the icing on the cake. Really nice buttery icing, not that overly sugary sickly stuff.

Improved Village Raids!

As we know , it is an important part of a campaign, I think it would be nice if the raid was more of a controlled experience.Perhaps you spawn with torches, the villagers are running around in panic and you basically are tasked with causing as much damage as possible i.e Killing everything.. even the pigs.  :party:

- That way, once you leave the village and you see the icon with smoke above it,  you feel more connected to the experience knowing you were personally involved.Perhaps even guilt  :facepalm:

- Also reminds you that if your village was raided you know what was involved , how they were killed. This kinda gives you a mission for revenge on that specific lord. Perhaps he carries out a special action ( poisoned the soil) "0% produce" for 30 days.

- This would make your experience a lot more impactful, you would have a personal rivalry with that lord ( if you're immersed). Imagine when you find him innocently recruiting troops and you stroll along with your 500 man strong army to his 100. " Oh hi there, remember that raid you carried out on me?.. Well it's harvesting season b%$ch" !

More advanced city management

I hope there won't be just one guy (the lord) who rules the whole city and has authority. Powers would be divided between some other powers, such as city council, trade league members, guilts, maybe even lord's wife that tries to get more power within the city!  :iamamoron: There are so much potential to make city management and competating for power more interesting and detailed.

Lord Milky said:
Improved Village Raids!
As we know , it is an important part of a campaign, I think it would be nice if the raid was more of a controlled experience.Perhaps you spawn with torches, the villagers are running around in panic and you basically are tasked with causing as much damage as possible i.e Killing everything.. even the pigs.  :party:

- That way, once you leave the village and you see the icon with smoke above it,  you feel more connected to the experience knowing you were personally involved.Perhaps even guilt  :facepalm:

- Also reminds you that if your village was raided you know what was involved , how they were killed. This kinda gives you a mission for revenge on that specific lord. Perhaps he carries out a special action ( poisoned the soil) "0% produce" for 30 days.

- This would make your experience a lot more impactful, you would have a personal rivalry with that lord ( if you're immersed). Imagine when you find him innocently recruiting troops and you stroll along with your 500 man strong army to his 100. " Oh hi there, remember that raid you carried out on me?.. Well it's harvesting season b%$ch" !

Oooh id like that a lot. I’d love it if torches could be thrown at thatched roofs.
I’d very much like to recreate the raid on Wołmontowicze from Potop (the deluge) :

Since clan systems seems to be true and if heir system is also true, then I really hope we'll be able to create our own clans in the SP game. I don't think we'll get it, but it would have been nice. :smile:

I was playing my native campaign (with diplomacy though) and I was elected marshal of Rhodoks and started campaigning against both the Nords and Swadians who we were at war with. Things were going well until I encountered King Harlaus, He had a far stronger army than me but my allies were nearby to assist.
So I engage Harlaus but for some reason my allies weren't close enough to engage (even though they were extremely close to my party but kept running away from the superior Harlaus.) and I had to hold off Harlaus on my own until I could retreat and re-engage with all my vassals.

So with this in mind, I feel that there needs to be a better way for the game to tell the player if enemy parties or friendly parties will join a battle. I don't engage stronge parties unless I have backing, but here I was unfortunately duped by the game's mechanics, as Harlaus enganged me too which meant I was unable to leave without a fight.

edit- lol why has OP been banned?

Sorry if some of these have been addressed, but I wrote this up about a year ago and never posted. Here was/is my list of recommendations for Bannerlord.

• Sub-categories!! Basically in the Troops list have head categories (Fighter, Cavalry, Cav Archer, Archer, Skirmisher, etc) which are collapsable and each troops goes into its corresponding category. One number to show number of troops you have and possibly have another which illustrates the relative troop strength(levels).  By organizing them this way you can see your general soldier composition/makup of your army easily. (Have overall score next to category indicating strength of that category(so 50 knights might have 5000 str whereas 50 basic outlaws might have 500) and possibly option to Color Code text for soldier types within these categories. This is needed badly IMO because toward late-game my troops just have an endless long list because I have so many from various factions which makes it very hard to organize and conceptualize my army strength/weaknesses.
  • Ability to see all lords in your kingdom, their personality, relation with you and the property types they own
  • Seige, Castle Defense and open field equipment sets. For example, when I enter town, castle or village I will have a setup that removes my lance and heavy armor then equips a melee weapon and lighter armor. This way if I'm ambushed or run into a belligerant drunk I can fight. Takes the Tedium out of gameplay and the need to constantly save.
  • Ability to send message birds. Possibly give it a delay based on range but allows you functionality of your stewards remotely. That way you could assign feifs or whatnot without having to run back to capital every time you want to order a kingdom command.
  • Adjust castle/town soldier types up or down in the feif troop menu.
  • Take all soldiers/prisoners from post combat and city/castle view screens.
  • Troop movement between feifs remotely
  • See list of all requests for guidance to village elder/steward
  • Game Option: Adjust wounded base recovery time
  • Awarding a city grants more favor than castle and more than village
  • Ability to have lord swap old for a new property, which if an upgrade, gives favor amount increase minus favor for old type. So if say cities grant 25 favor and castles 15, having a lord who currently owns a castle swap that for a city grants you a net 10 favor with them.
  • Ability for friend to join your game and take over any lord in your kingdom. Whomever initiates combat has it run on their machine, with end-results posted to host.
  • Food in loot table, I mean, enemies gotta eat too right?
  • Option to remove negative relations for giving a feif to other lords(exception if that lord does not already have a feif maybe)
  • The option from wandering gossiper guys to locate a spawned army(non-lord) for a price.

I want us to be able to gain titles. For example if you have a single village, you're a baron, if you gain a castle you're a count and so on. Right now the only way to get yourself a title is to modify your name and personally I would find it to be of immersion if our liege, or our own audacity, could grant us noble titles fitting for our position. Or when acting as a free agent or our own faction leader, claim a title, and defend it against all comers.

Thus if I serve the King of the Vlandions then I might become a count with two castles and three villages as my fief.

If I'm a free agent I might call myself king with my own band of soldiers and get laughed at by every noble around, unless I can break enough skulls to make them stop laughing at me.

Arcon said:
Sorry if some of these have been addressed, but I wrote this up about a year ago and never posted. Here was/is my list of recommendations for Bannerlord.

• Seige, Castle Defense and open field equipment sets. For example, when I enter town, castle or village I will have a setup that removes my lance and heavy armor then equips a melee weapon and lighter armor. This way if I'm ambushed or run into a belligerant drunk I can fight. Takes the Tedium out of gameplay and the need to constantly save.

• Food in loot table, I mean, enemies gotta eat too right?

• The option from wandering gossiper guys to locate a spawned army(non-lord) for a price.
1. They sort of have something like this. In the inventory screen there is a little icon you can press to go to civilian clothes. It would be nice to be able to have multiple ones you could name though. (like archer, cavalry, siege, etc.)

2. I agree. That would be especially good for early game, when you are low on funds.

3. Do you mean for quests? (like the locate bandits around x city) If so, that would be a great addition as I always found those to be kind of tedious.

Armor with colors you can alter to match that of your faction or your crest.  Not like the heraldic armor, but tunics that match and **** like that. Always hated having an army of Swadians and Rhoducks in red and green when my banner color was blue

Also better quests. More variety in quest types.  In addition to the repititious generated quests, I  would like To see 10-15 quests that have some sort of story to them and scale to your level/army size. I don’t care if they would be the same in a separate play through just something with a meaning behind it

Back
Top Bottom