Favourite Historical Medieval Hero???

Who is your favourite historical medieval hero??

• Saladin

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • King Richard the Lionheart

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Duke William (William the Conqueror)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • King Baldwin of Jerusalem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charlamagne

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Vlad Tepes not a hero of mine (my wife says he is for her)  but man what a guy

vladtepes.jpg

Pierre d'Aubusson. Grandmaster of the Knights of St. John during the latter half of the 15th century. He fought against the Turks in the Mediterranean for most of his life.

In 1480, the Knights defended their fortress-capital of Rhodes against a Turkish force of 70,000+ soldiers, including artillery. With only 3,500 men they managed to defeat their enemies.

D'Aubusson himself led the final counter-attack to drive the Turks from the island. In one day he succeeded driving the elite Janissaries out of the city and capture their camp, killing 4000 soldiers in the process. He was wounded in five places yet fought on to lead his knights to complete the attack.

Finzi said:
In 1480, the Knights defended their fortress-capital of Rhodes against a Turkish force of 70,000+ soldiers, including artillery. With only 3,500 men they managed to defeat their enemies.
in that era Turks were the best, your story is a fantasy

Umar ibn al-Khattāb and Khalid ibn al-Walid are my favourite historical heroes

Kataphraktos said:
Finzi said:

Isn't this thread on Historical Medieval Heroes?
But I agree,Khalid ibn Al Walid was the greatest general ever ,imo.

Assuming Baldwin is Baldwin IV, he's definitley mine. Overcoming leprosy enough to become one of Jerusalem's noblest, bravest and saddest kings. If he had lived longer, the Crusades may have ended differently.

Not medieval, but i'll make an exception for how simply badass he was.
Mad Jack Churchill.

Total mental bastard that took a claymore and a bow into battle during WW2 who joined the comandos, without actually knowing what the comandos were because they sounded dangerous, and thus fun.

No one back in his day could, at least not the English we are used to today.

If we were to count the...um...pseudo-English being spoken, none of the nobles could be held accountable to such a "crime". English was the language of the unwashed masses. Anyone of noble heritage spoke French if they valued their position. This extended from the King to the lowliest esquire.

Genghis Khan this guy start from nothing but can defeat a large empire of the East and even the West.
Also most of his battle record history he never lost a war.
Also he is called the Adam of Asia cuz some of his genes and his dna can still be found most of the body of the Modern Asians
Also he died in a natural death!

William Wallace
because im a Scot

no but seriously

King Richard the Lionheart  for one reson and one reason only

i watched a documentry that said the port city of jaffa was taken by salidin i think it was and
King Richard the Lionheart took the city back with a small force.
that is just F**KING COOL
its probaly not true but it would be cool if he actually did that am i right

Kataphraktos said:
Finzi said:

Just because the Turks were generally supreme during that time period, they couldn't possibly have been defeated by some guys from Rhodes?

Destichado said:
Pierre Terrail, seigneur de Bayard    "le bon chevalier"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Terrail,_seigneur_de_Bayard

Among his many exploits, he single-handedly defended the bridge over the Garigliano against 200 Spaniards.  But because he's French, no one hears about him.  :sad: 
The French weren't always like they are now.
Probably the epitome of what a soldier should be.

Another such fine soldier would be Andrew Murray, or Andrew de Moray, William Wallace's companion in arms, and disputed real architect of the victory at Stirling Bridge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_de_Moray
He had a name sake son also a great soldier

Aleonòr d'Aquitània

Code:
The French weren't always like they are now.
It's just a stupid english slander due to their centuries of dualism. Now multplied by US cliches based on it and used by someone to discredit opposition against a certain war.

The french republics and empires had shown quite some teeth during all times. The french public didn't start to get more agitated just because a couple hundred soldiers died in their colonial wars*, like some oh so heroical nations do.

*However the french public also ignored the numerous crimes of war then committed by the french military.

chazix said:
so what if all the nobles spock french.i hate them as well for thining they to good for english.

My friend, you appear to be "thining" yourself too good to "spock" English as well.

Now, back on topic; the Black Prince of Wales was a pretty badass character. Major buttkicking throughout the early part of the hundred years war, and overall a very noble and generous chap. With a healthy streak of practicality and sheer brilliance.

Kataphraktos said:
Finzi said:
Um are you retarded?  That very much happened.  And they also defended Malta against far superior Turkish forces, too.

Back
Top Bottom