Fastest skill to level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Looking at this from a min/max perspective what is the fastest skill to level up? Trading? Medicine (just walk around hurt)? Any ideas?

Stewardship. Hands down the easiest if you dont count the combat skills. It is my only noncombat I got to lvl80 without focus in a reasonable time.

Just buy as much food variety as possible and make yourself quartermaster. Level ups will flood in like crazy with 0 effort.

well, steward may not be the fastest, but its reliably leveling up for doing nothing, as soon as you got some fiefs to govern, you can do what you want, as long as the settlements are happy and security is maxed (very easy to do)
I have 130 steward atm, while my 2nd best skill (polearms) is 104, which im using all the time basicly.

the passive for steward is realy nice too, extra party size, thanks, game

leadership is easy to gain aswell, only a bit slower, just make an army with your spouse and companions as other partyleaders and get that morale up.
a good wife can initially lead more men than you can until clan level 3, very amusing.

companions are influence free to add to your army. and a spouse even pays for her own party until it becomes too elite heavy

Depends on what you count as fastest. Sitting at town on fast speed and rebuying food occassionally for syewardship is the fastet one I know. But maybe I am doing something wrong with the rest because I cant get them beyond 40 for the love of christ

My favorite playthrough so far was of a merchant character, trade levels up pretty fast too.

I think in general to level up skills fast you have to be really focused on a stat. Eg., in my merchant playthrough I am focusing on social.

I also tried a warrior playthrough based on soloing looters/sea raiders and such but it's kind of difficult to do that with the laser guided throwing weapons and no good equipment. Weapons skills seem to be pretty slow to level even with focus points and stats, but it might also be that you need good equipment for that.

leadership is easy to gain aswell, only a bit slower, just make an army with your spouse and companions as other partyleaders and get that morale up.
a good wife can initially lead more men than you can until clan level 3, very amusing.

companions are influence free to add to your army. and a spouse even pays for her own party until it becomes too elite heavy
I don't suppose she gets a party slot to herself, or does she use up of your limited clan slots?

Depends on what you count as fastest. Sitting at town on fast speed and rebuying food occassionally for syewardship is the fastet one I know. But maybe I am doing something wrong with the rest because I cant get them beyond 40 for the love of christ
Have you spent points to make sure you can learn past 40?

Have you spent points to make sure you can learn past 40?
Yea most of the stuff has skill multiplier x2... , maybe that is not enough for these levels, but other noncombat skills beside leader/steward just seem a slug to get up past a certain point.

I don't suppose she gets a party slot to herself, or does she use up of your limited clan slots?
she uses a slot, yes. but your spouse is a better leader than any companion you meet in a tavern. the good ones start with 120 or so steward, she gets a full set of high end armor (which you can use for yourself, im speaking 40+ of armor) and starts with some free units, some elite aswell. on top of that, she pays you as long as her party doesn't grow too large. she is able to lead 80+ soldiers right of the bat.

edit: tried this with sigilt (spelling?) of vlandia and 2 other vlandian wifes (Siggy is best waifu though) her stats are amazing and you can go for her as soon as you have 5-6k gold to buy her from her father (clan level 1-2 for the stats in your own party, and with clan level 3 as permanent partyleader in your army)

Last edited:
My favorite playthrough so far was of a merchant character, trade levels up pretty fast too.

I think in general to level up skills fast you have to be really focused on a stat. Eg., in my merchant playthrough I am focusing on social.

I also tried a warrior playthrough based on soloing looters/sea raiders and such but it's kind of difficult to do that with the laser guided throwing weapons and no good equipment. Weapons skills seem to be pretty slow to level even with focus points and stats, but it might also be that you need good equipment for that.

If you own a town you can stash items in that town, get around 100-200k worth of items. Make sure you have 5 focus points on Trade, then stash all your items in that town to get alot of free xp. You can only do this once per town.

she uses a slot, yes. but your spouse is a better leader than any companion you meet in a tavern. the good ones start with 120 or so steward, she gets a full set of high end armor (which you can use for yourself, im speaking 40+ of armor) and starts with some free units, some elite aswell. on top of that, she pays you as long as her party doesn't grow too large. she is able to lead 80+ soldiers right of the bat.

edit: tried this with sigilt (spelling?) of vlandia and 2 other vlandian wifes (Siggy is best waifu though) her stats are amazing and you can go for her as soon as you have 5-6k gold to buy her from her father (clan level 1-2 for the stats in your own party, and with clan level 3 as permanent partyleader in your army)
Thanks for hte tips!

Back
Top Bottom