FAQ of WWII: China Battlefield v3

Users who are viewing this thread

Troop editor?

1 more thing, I started a new game and equipped the gun and ammo (2x30 shells) but when i go into battle it appears i have 0 ammo, it lets me shoot anyway but just 5-10 times and then it says i dont have ammo, I cant even take those 7 looters this way v.v <-- it seems the ammo only works for rifles.

Also the music doesn't work, I copied music.txt and the music folder into the mod folder.

EDIT: It seems there are two different types of ammo, 1 for rifles and shotguns and the other for the rest of guns.
About the custom music, it started working the second time I opened the game. (weird I know)

Okay, first: I love the mod, great stuff! Thanks for putting in all the time to make it!

There were a few things I wondered about, though...
I could only buy from baggage officers in towns that I owned, otherwise they weren't in the marketplace menu. Is this intentional?

Are smoke/gas clouds supposed to be harmful? And do gasmasks protect from them? My gasmasked troops frequently stood in clouds without any apparent effect, but so did non-gasmasked troops.

I saw posts mentioning that you're not supposed to be able to join the Japanese Invaders. Is there any other way to play without joining the Chinese factions? It made for a pretty short game, since they started the game already controlling the majority of the map.

Also, I thought I'd mention that to me at least it seemed like machine guns were a bit unrealistically accurate, considering they are light man-portable guns being fired without supports. By the end of the game I was accurately shooting 2/3 of the way across the map; they were considerably better for sniping than the best rifles I found. I also found that my machine gun and some submachine guns could sometimes shoot through walls and entire buildings, particularly parapets along the tops of walls, but non-automatic weapons could not.

Thanks again!

LMjai said:
Troop editor?

1 more thing, I started a new game and equipped the gun and ammo (2x30 shells) but when i go into battle it appears i have 0 ammo, it lets me shoot anyway but just 5-10 times and then it says i dont have ammo, I cant even take those 7 looters this way v.v <-- it seems the ammo only works for rifles.

Also the music doesn't work, I copied music.txt and the music folder into the mod folder.
wrong ammo type?

jr said:
wrong ammo type?
Yeh, I was using the wrong ammo, now what is the troop editor and how it works?
I found the thing http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,34154.0.html

I would also want to find the option to change the automatic weapons to burst and viceversa, I found it once but I lost it completely.

Vallo said:
There were a few things I wondered about, though...
I could only buy from baggage officers in towns that I owned, otherwise they weren't in the marketplace menu. Is this intentional?

Yes go through the town streets and bribe them. Except for the Japanese controlled, unless you control them yourself.

Are smoke/gas clouds supposed to be harmful? And do gasmasks protect from them? My gasmasked troops frequently stood in clouds without any apparent effect, but so did non-gasmasked troops.
Take off your gasmask and stand in it for awhile. Not sure if it effects computer controlled soldiers.

It made for a pretty short game, since they started the game already controlling the majority of the map.
Find a map of China v. Japanese controlled areas from 1937 on to 1945.

Also, I thought I'd mention that to me at least it seemed like machine guns were a bit unrealistically accurate, considering they are light man-portable guns being fired without supports. By the end of the game I was accurately shooting 2/3 of the way across the map; they were considerably better for sniping than the best rifles I found. I also found that my machine gun and some submachine guns could sometimes shoot through walls and entire buildings, particularly parapets along the tops of walls, but non-automatic weapons could not.
MGs are firing as burst mode which has a higher chance of hitting mulitple objects than a sniper rifle will. That is why you get multiple kills. Plus if the map is flat terrain, you will just slaughter them. As for shooting through walls, why are you complaining?  :lol: :lol: :razz:

Thanks for the baggage tip, I'll do that. And I wasn't saying the map was inaccurate or should be changed, just that it left me wanting to try a more challenging faction.
MGs are firing as burst mode which has a higher chance of hitting mulitple objects than a sniper rifle will. That is why you get multiple kills. Plus if the map is flat terrain, you will just slaughter them. As for shooting through walls, why are you complaining?  :lol: :lol: :razz:
MGs aren't just better at getting a hit when fired at a large group, which would make sense, they're also better at hitting specific single targets, which doesn't. I know why it works the way it does in the mod, I'm just saying that the guns would be a little more fun and realistic if all of the shots in the burst were less accurate. The problem with shooting through walls is that it makes sieges a joke; you can kill every man inside a fort without ever seeing them, just by hosing down the general area. I tried just not using the MGs, but the enemies still do, and getting killed in one burst from the other side of the map or through a wall gets old pretty quickly.

The mod seems like it has a lot of potential, and the battles that didn't happen to involve any machine gunners were awesome, but it was hard to appreciate because of the balance issues. It could be truly amazing with the guns' accuracy tweaked, so I cared enough to post and say so.

I understand. But remember, the game is based on swords and arrows and not machine guns. The author has made breakthroughs with recreating and making the game more interesting. I know the computer has advantages than a human player can have. I try to take out those annoying MG and grenaders as soon as possible. I let my infantry men attack while the "archers" stand back and attack from a distance.

As for the terrain, I wasn't really suggesting to change it, but there is no way for troops to take cover and it just becomes a slaughter. They are just in fact standing in a line. Of course modern warfare does not allow that, as many WWI battles has shown.

dont complain about the machine guns those are powerfull weapons in real life too...

jr said:
dont complain about the machine guns those are powerfull weapons in real life too...

IRL you can take cover and MG's cannot be fired by running troops,

my question
#1 what is a dogrobber? like what do they do in an army in the game i hired 4 of em from a tavern. (i am assuming they do not find soap and gold for me after a battle)

nilloc93 said:
my question
#1 what is a dogrobber? like what do they do in an army in the game i hired 4 of em from a tavern. (i am assuming they do not find soap and gold for me after a battle)

They are your radiomen. No gold/silver sorry, but they will gladly take it from you.  :grin:

I have a problem... You see I downloaded the music pack, but I don't have a clue where to extract it... Some help please?

makidonski said:
I have a problem... You see I downloaded the music pack, but I don't have a clue where to extract it... Some help please?
mod folder.

jr said:
makidonski said:
mod folder.
Extract to
E:\Me\games\Mount & Blade\Mount&Blade\Modules
or
E:\Me\games\Mount & Blade\Mount&Blade\Modules\WW2 China Battlefield 3rd Version- Festival of lanterns

hi , i have a problem he have in the conversation one line display and the game bug its for a mission, he have a solution for that?

i have a problem with ur command buttons i did what u told me change
1-6 to number pad
and F1-F3 to number pad
but when i try to order any squad they just keep on charging
so i gota use native controls now in till some one can help me

plz help this is the best mod i ever downloaded  :grin: 

@St0n3rz
did you arraied formation for those squads? they need to have their own formations.

@phoenix3
play the game at edit mode, you can press tab to break any conversation at any time.
I will fix that warning bug with next update.

@makidonski & jr
thanks!

put music into Mount & Blade\Mount&Blade\Modules\WW2 China Battlefield 3rd Version- Festival of lanterns\music .
but you dont need to download music any more, this Festival of lanterns version has already included it.

Back
Top Bottom