FAQ of WWII: China Battlefield v3

Users who are viewing this thread

@St0n3rz
did you arraied formation for those squads? they need to have their own formations.

so i wanna know do the normal commands work like
squad 1 follow or hold?
squad 2 follow or hold?
or it can only be command by formation
because when i do it they don't respond and if i use native controls they all follow me and i did put people in there squads

Please publish a FAQ on how to remap keys for squad, how to command companions without screwing with a particular squad and how to ask a squad to either follow the plan or use an order like charge, follow, etc. (and then revert to a plan, is it possible?)

the squad keys are very confusing... I doubt many use your feature, which is a pity because it has an awesome potential  :grin: . I have no problem assigning soldiers in a squad, giving them an array (I would call that deployment or formation instead) and even a battle plan, but on the battlefield, Oh my! I'm confused!!  :sad:

vorpal+5 said:
Please publish a FAQ on how to remap keys for squad, how to command companions without screwing with a particular squad and how to ask a squad to either follow the plan or use an order like charge, follow, etc. (and then revert to a plan, is it possible?)

the squad keys are very confusing... I doubt many use your feature, which is a pity because it has an awesome potential  :grin: . I have no problem assigning soldiers in a squad, giving them an array (I would call that deployment or formation instead) and even a battle plan, but on the battlefield, Oh my! I'm confused!!  :sad:
ehm, did you checked the in game introduction?

Sure, I read everything. There is only the 'Use Battle Function' part which give info, and it don't speak of managing companions independently of a squad, and as you can't set companions into a squad, it means that basically you can't control your companions on the battlefield, except by using the general keys which will make your troops within squads react too!!

Can you please tell me if you remap your keys or not, I mean the 1-9 and the F1-F9 keys, are you remapping them, and if yes, to what?

examples: if I hit the F2 key, I have 2 messages: squad 1 follow me PLUS everyone follow me!!

If I hit the T key, I make a 'hold position to squad 1, good'. But how can I switch to follow to make a squad 1 follow? F2 is a mess here.

And my companion, how do I command them?

Just give me some working examples plese.

Thanks.

from Description & Downloads topic said:
Also, to avoid game keys and mod keys disturbing each other, I recommend you to set the game keys like 1 ~ 6 to numpad 1 ~ 6, F1 ~ F3 to numpad 7~ 9.

talk to the NPCs and officers, there is an option to change their arms of services.

Thanks, I'm progressin in control.

I have assigned the keys as you advised. Still some issues remain.

First, what is working:

a) squads maintain perfectly their formation, which is very neat.

b) I can order my companions independently from the troop, and they can Hold, Follow or Charge.

What is not working for me at least:

There is no key to tell a squad to hold. In the custom keys of the mod, F2 is for Follow and F3 for charge, as expected and work only for the squads, if remapping is done, which is good. But F1 DOES NOTHING.
First question, how I can tell a squad to be on HOLD.

Second question, after starting playing with a squad, how I can tell him to revert to his battle plan? Is it possible or not.

Thanks for your answers.

Spook-knight said:
one question  how do i get a mechanic or a worker?
use put tools into your baggage, then you should be able to arm meele soldiers as craftsman which can be promoted to mechanics i think. btw i think the WW2 CB team should add customs battles into the next realese. nothing like a quick 8RA vs Japanese skirmish

For the creators/ developers for WW2: CB: i think they should add a custom battles feature, acsessible through the quick battle menu like in the mod by Ibearon. this feature works well in other mods like The eagle and the radiant cross and 1866. please reply and consider releasing somthing lik this in the next version

hey how can i remove that damn mask screen every where i walk i see it in my face and i can t see throw it
pls tell me how

mr.playa said:
hey how can i remove that damn mask screen every where i walk i see it in my face and i can t see throw it
pls tell me how
camp menu -> mod configurations -> alter the 3rd option.

@vorpal+5
try battle functions. press G then press T to choose.
it is not possible to let a squad revert to its plan.

i did that and its disable put it still apearing
is that a bug
its apears in the battle
and every where i walk in
its driving me mad
i can t enjoy the great mod

is your problem the same as jr had in the following thread?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,93303.msg2414135.html#msg2414135
18349_1178052341041_1520112918_30369572_2140961_s.jpg

is your redner method Directx7?

Thanks WilliamBerne, I now have the hang of what can be done with squads, at last!! And this is a cool feature, I like to have my men in formations.

Just for my information, is the feature done to create clever battle plans, like one formation surround while another push forward etc.? Or more like an advanced initial setup  and that's it?

Because ... yes you can do the first option but it seems very difficult to pull it efficiently once the battle begun (no plan survives the enemy as general said once), so I believe this is the 2nd option before anything which will be used ... dispose your squads on a grid, array their formation and then ... unleash the hounds and pray you win :smile:

I have a question about upgrading melee soldier.  I put in my inventory a musket and some rifle ammo, but I can't upgrade him, why? Should it go to the item pool, should I do something else?

Last, have you considered the possibility to detach parties like it is done in so many mod? This really improve the game interest for me.

WilliamBerne said:
is your problem the same as jr had in the following thread?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,93303.msg2414135.html#msg2414135
18349_1178052341041_1520112918_30369572_2140961_s.jpg

is your redner method Directx7?

yes its the same

no its Directx 9

Is it advisable to upgrade all machinegunners and cammandoes to officers :?:
Will machinegunners lose their machineguns after being upgraded to officers  :?:

Back
Top Bottom