Fantasy mod (Original thread) Includes FAQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, Today I have made all townnames and added 2 new cactuar quest scenes. So i learned how to make new towns and scenes with python (thank you yoshi)

Updated the first post, for more screenie's and Information.

Also 'Bump'

I hope those screens get some more people to help ,or give me feedback and ideas :wink:

EDIT: added the chocobo texture extra to the first post..

Yoshi;s mod may need a tad bit of help, for I am slacking and have been much less to help him then I should be, but this mod looks pretty sick to. I'm sure if yoshi needs a hand, elf would help out. But for now, he might jsut be interested in fooling around with this mod. Heres a question for ya HighElf, what game, if any, are you basing the storyline on? Also, I remembered the katana guy's name, its Sephiroth! Any additional info on your plans would be awsome, I'm extremely excited about this mod, because I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, thanks a bunch!

Well the game wont follow a storyline
but there will be history behind the war you're fighting, Wich will be completely made up.

As for Yoshi's mod, I'm sure he has alot of great modders helping him out already, and
he said He only want fully dedicated modelers/modders, So that means that I would have to stop Star wars mod, and My own mod wich I do for fun.
So regretfully I'm wont be helping out, for now

I'm sure if yoshi needs a hand, elf would help out. But for now, he might jsut be interested in fooling around with this mod.
Thats pretty much what I mean.

Do you plan to have a tiered equipment structure with higher requirements and power to be used only at higher levels? That's my suggestion, I think you should :grin:

Also get new skybox texures, no other mod has that yet and I think it would be a good way to change the atmosphere of the fights.

Do you plan to have a tiered equipment structure with higher requirements and power to be used only at higher levels? That's my suggestion, I think you should

Not really ,most items will be about the requirement of a normal sword/helmet/armor or whatever
though the ultimate and special weapons (like cloud's buster sword) will only be usable at high level..
Dont think the mod will only have those huge weapons :razz:
there will be normal weapons for normal units too.

Also get new skybox texures, no other mod has that yet and I think it would be a good way to change the atmosphere of the fights.

I remember 'sea' skyboxes in fishmod... am I right?
It would be cool but I doubt that I'm able to texture a realistic sky..

though I must say its a great Idea (since grass,water and sand have been changed to a more fantasy type texture , a new skybox would come along great)
If anyone good texturer is willing take that challenge ,let me know  :smile:

No, you don't texture your own. You take one sky (maybe from here :http://www.mayang.com/textures/Nature/html/Clouds/index.html) and edit it, maybe make it strange color, green clouds, things like that. Then convert the picture to dds. Ha?
OR you could even take a grass texture and put it on the sky, hahaha, now that would be weird.

Thanks for the link , I'll try some now  :smile:

I wont make It green or grass or anything though :lol:
I'll just try to get a'perfect' enviroment, The grass now is as green as it gets and now the heaven should be as blue as it gets  :razz:

EDIT:

What do ya think?

Pretty blue sky  :smile: Thanks for the idea ,Its really improves the good-fantasy-mood-feeling  :smile:

Oh, that looks good! Glad you made it work highelf :grin:
Can you please post a picture of the texture and if you did anything special with it besides recoloring and converting to dds? I want to make some skies too and that way I won't have to figure it out on my own.

Alright this is the texture

the only thing you have to do really is make it tile left-right. so it fits into each other
Also if you wanne make it blue you have to exagurate the texture since the game renders it alot les 'coloring'

Ok. First of all i want you all to take into consideration that about 2 hours or so ago i didn't know ANYTHING about 3d modeling, nothing at all, but i saw this and all the Final fantasy blood in me pushed me to read trough the tutorials, and, after a while of playing with wings 3d, i managed to tweak the native Katana model into this:
kadaj_katana.jpg
A double blade katana like the one Kadaj on advent children uses. It's a very simple modification, i know, but i really liked the whole modeling thing, and i'll keep practicing, maybe soon i'll be able to do more complex stuff n_n. Any suggestions and/or oppinions would be greatly appreciated too.

Man oh man. I figured how you could do some magical stuff.

Majicks

You could use the pistol animation thingy from vanilla, and you have this little fireball shaped thingy as a missile, and a glove thingy as the weapon (you can position where the glove is so that it looks like it's on the hand, right?) The projectile would be sitting at the end of the glove, basically at your fingertips, and it would appear as if it were just, ya know, flying away towards the enemy. It would be awesome.

You could also make an icesicle kind of thing which does uber pierce damage.

You would have different gloves that would fire different types of projectiles (light/dark magic)

There would be a large variety of light magic and dark magic gloves, and the light ones would be able to fire, obviously, only light magic "spells" (which would replace Arrows) and the dark ones would fire dark magic "spells" (which would replace Bolts)

Seeing as how you couldn't really heal some one on your team by shooting them with a "weapon"... healing spells are out of the question.

Dark magic would focus more on power than accuracy, and the opposite could be said for the light magic. Accuracy over power.

Other balancing things could be figured in.

Thats a pretty sick sword man, awsome job for a first time. Keep up the practice, and we can have ourselves another modder in the community*

Man oh man. I figured how you could do some magical stuff.

Majicks[/i]

You could use the pistol animation thingy from vanilla, and you have this little fireball shaped thingy as a missile, and a glove thingy as the weapon (you can position where the glove is so that it looks like it's on the hand, right?) The projectile would be sitting at the end of the glove, basically at your fingertips, and it would appear as if it were just, ya know, flying away towards the enemy. It would be awesome.

You could also make an icesicle kind of thing which does uber pierce damage.

You would have different gloves that would fire different types of projectiles (light/dark magic)

There would be a large variety of light magic and dark magic gloves, and the light ones would be able to fire, obviously, only light magic "spells" (which would replace Arrows) and the dark ones would fire dark magic "spells" (which would replace Bolts)

Seeing as how you couldn't really heal some one on your team by shooting them with a "weapon"... healing spells are out of the question.

Dark magic would focus more on power than accuracy, and the opposite could be said for the light magic. Accuracy over power.

Other balancing things could be figured in.

Thats a good idea but the glove thing is abit hard

here's what I've had in mind for magic when i started this mod..

I already made a basic 'fireball' its a normal throwing weapon ,but it 'hovers' on your hand..
there would be ranks in magic atack , so it would be fire-ball -> meteor
Its cool that it hovers and all but without smoke effects its a bit wierd
I was going to do a blizzard atack, Basicly a spear-formed ice stick thing, that again hovers on your hand, with javelin animation..

I dont know how i can add paticle effects on a normal weapon (similar to the gun's smoke)
but if somebody does, please explain it to me  :razz:

Accualy thats possible, janus told me its possible a while ago, but I dont know how to do it though.

@ noirbass, Wow if that is you're first weapon, you must have talent..
If you think you're up too modeling for fantasy mod let me know  :wink:
I can use any kind of assistance :smile:

For practise, I suggest trying a new sword from scratch, since that is what we all do most of the times (well I do al models from scratch anyway)
then you could move on in my tutorial and try a helmet  :smile:

@octoburn

Thanks for that link, I'll take the best one of that site and replace it with mine.

Sure, i'd like to help in any way possible ^^. Last night i experimented a little with some other textures and got this gunblade attempt:
gunblade.jpg

I'll try making something from scratch now and see how it goes. Again, if there's anything i can help with just tell me and i'll give it my best shot.

noirbass......your god  :wink: . Thats pretty sick man, great job yet again. Maybe for your next model, you should try the sword Cloud used in Advent Children, if your up for the challenege!

@ bugman

This isnt a warhammer mod, I think there is one in the making though

@noirbass

great job, If you're up for a little challenge
try this

gunblade-vero.jpg

or

blitzball.jpg

One more thing, Its not absolutely nessencary ,But I suggest before accualy helping on a mod, you should learn how to texture/UV-map.
Yoshiboy has a good tutorial on UV-mapping
but if you're really stuck at that, I'll texture and UV the stuff you make for the mod :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom