Faction Heraldry Registry

Users who are viewing this thread

Scorpia said:
Hes got a point, it'll only bring more banners like the companions. If the North, and Lannister banner is in. Isn't the Martell's in too? Maybe you should remove them too. The companions banner isn't that known through skyrim, theres nothing wrong with it really. Already a few banners in game taken from a TV Series.

The banners that are in the game about HBO's Serries: A game of thrones are not taken from the Serries. Most of the ones that have been placed into the game are either fan art or something like that. They're aren't taken from the TV Serries.
Also, the banners In-game or due to be In-game about a Game of thrones are:
House Baratheon
House Lannister
House Stark
House Bolton
House Arryn
House Martell
And mabye a few others.

LegendHoods said:
How are banners like the one from the North and house Lannister acceptable, but a Skyrim banner not..?
They are already included, but your banner was found to be a lame rip off beforehand; at first glance it seemed likely to be an icon from another game.
Operatic Ocelot said:
I would venture to guess that at least half of the banners in PW contain something that's copyrighted, but if you look here, you can see most of the ones which ones would most certainly be copyrighted by HBO, and upon clicking them you can see their sworn houses, many of which have banners incorporated into PW, such as the Clegane banner (or, three dogs rampant to dexter, sinister and dexter sable palewise) or Swyft (the rooster one :razz:)

I'm not sure how copyrights apply for game mods. Does anyone know about fair use policy and a free mod? Surely there are some other mods out there that completely infringe on any variety of things.
It is not possible to copyright an idea or a design, only an exact or very close copy; you might be thinking more of trademarks and patents, which don't apply. It is fine to have something similar, made using the same general structure - as long as it doesn't strongly associate with another concept or organisation from outside the historical period, which is a different rule.

Operatic Ocelot said:
I would venture to guess that at least half of the banners in PW contain something that's copyrighted, but if you look here, you can see most of the ones which ones would most certainly be copyrighted by HBO, and upon clicking them you can see their sworn houses, many of which have banners incorporated into PW, such as the Clegane banner (or, three dogs rampant to dexter, sinister and dexter sable palewise) or Swyft (the rooster one :razz:)

I'm not sure how copyrights apply for game mods. Does anyone know about fair use policy and a free mod? Surely there are some other mods out there that completely infringe on any variety of things.
It is not possible to copyright an idea or a design, only an exact or very close copy; you might be thinking more of trademarks and patents, which don't apply. It is fine to have something similar, made using the same general structure - as long as it doesn't strongly associate with another concept or organisation from outside the historical period, which is a different rule.
[/quote]

Hmmm, perhaps I am a bit confused.

Hypothetically, I take an exact design used strictly by a large company, such as HBO, and paste it on a banner, is that acceptable?

Hello Vornne.

some time ago I made a new banner for the faction "Duchy of Brackaltwald" And i wanted to know if you could change the banner i had added to another one instead.

Old one:
Faction colour: Red (Same as the brackground if you can, I know Rhakom could :smile: )
I71hpFO.png

Wanting it changed to this:

New one:
H5AnVTy.png

Faction colour still red and such.

Operatic Ocelot said:
Hypothetically, I take an exact design used strictly by a large company, such as HBO, and paste it on a banner, is that acceptable?
No. You can make your own image that looks very similar, though.
Cookiejunkie said:
some time ago I made a new banner for the faction "Duchy of Brackaltwald" And i wanted to know if you could change the banner i had added to another one instead.
The "old" banner you requested is based on a background that has been adjusted to have equal coloring top and bottom, but your "new" banner is based on an old Native template that will result in an ugly dark outline at the bottom edges of the banner when displayed on heraldic armor.

Vornne said:
Operatic Ocelot said:
No. You can make your own image that looks very similar, though.
Cookiejunkie said:
The "old" banner you requested is based on a background that has been adjusted to have equal coloring top and bottom, but your "new" banner is based on an old Native template that will result in an ugly dark outline at the bottom edges of the banner when displayed on heraldic armor.

Hmh is there a way to fix that? because the bagground of the first banner is not completly to my liking, the banner in general is inferior to the new one i've made, but i can see what you mean..but is there something i can do to the newest banner to make it more.."Workable"?

I mean im not completly sure how i can mark up the "wavey" Feel properly without the bottom end of the banner becomming slightly darker, as can be seen on the old banner, the colour replacement tool ****s up the colour slightly.

So i had a chat with my clan leader and a few other nobles from brack, and it seems they all agreed on just keeping the old on ingame and using the newer version ingame. Thanks for the information btw Vornne.

Wub Wub Wub Wub Bwaaah said:
It actually looks pretty nice in my opinion..
I don't know where you got those armor outlines from, but they don't match up with most shapes of the textures used in PW: each armor tableau texture has a different position and scale for the banner, as you can see in module_tableau_materials.py. This is an example of what I was talking about - left is "old" and right is "new":
brackaltwald_comparison.jpg
The background colors have been matched to the individual banners, but the "new" one with the gradient is not possible to be matched at the top, middle, and bottom simultaneously.

Hey,I Need a banner for House Manderly,a sub-faction of The North. Faction Colour: IDK,Blue I guess.
Around 13-15 members,considering im re-oppening recruitment.
Xlnaink.png

Tell me if it needs any changes.

Vornne said:
I don't know where you got those armor outlines from, but they don't match up with most shapes of the textures used in PW: each armor tableau texture has a different position and scale for the banner, as you can see in module_tableau_materials.py. This is an example of what I was talking about - left is "old" and right is "new":
The background colors have been matched to the individual banners, but the "new" one with the gradient is not possible to be matched at the top, middle, and bottom simultaneously.

I can see what you mean.
We did have a clan meeting about it, and agreed on keeping the old one, and just use the new one for forum banners and the like.

Cookiejunkie said:
Vornne said:

I can see what you mean.
We did have a clan meeting about it, and agreed on keeping the old one, and just use the new one for forum banners and the like.

How did you do that theon??

For House Sanctyre

ZrzQVcT.png

If possible, I would like the faction color as purple as the backround of the banner.

Thanks in advance.  :wink:

If I made a new Kingdom of Jerusalem banner, would you implement it? The current one is blurry and quite awful and not actually used by the clan that requested it who have disappeared almost without trace.

Edit:I made a new one anyway, completely from scratch. No googling has been done for this image, but then it is just a few lines...

7qdb.png

A pretty straight upgrade of the current old one.

3v9w.png

In the Kingdom the soldiers wore a pale blue like this on their surcoats, not white, thus making this more realistic. I am hoping the slightly crappy looking border of the shield wouldn't show up ingame.

e3jh.png

Same as above,slightly paler and with a flag texture. The golden shield I think fits exactly within the template for the faction banner.

I hope at the least you add the first one, I'm certain the original requester would be more than happy with this request.

edit:And 2 more very simple ones,but still better than the current one.

txp0.png

o607.png

Manderly said:
Tell me if it needs any changes.
Using the trusty image search comes up with this image, which while you have differentiated your version of the man with a filter on top, appears to be exactly the same image. The linked image is listed as "for sale", obviously not a free clip art source, so your banner is not acceptable.
Mordric said:
For House Sanctyre
Looks fine; will be added.
James Grant said:
If I made a new Kingdom of Jerusalem banner, would you implement it? The current one is blurry and quite awful and not actually used by the clan that requested it who have disappeared almost without trace.
After some searching myself, it does seem that the requester has long disappeared, so a replacement would be allowed. The first two of your proposed banners look a bit too sterile, without enough cloth texturing, but the other versions seem OK: you would need to pick one.

I'm not too fussy,at the end of the day whichever looks best ingame. Preferably though I would like to see number 3.

Back
Top Bottom