Face enemy direction

Users who are viewing this thread

I have to admit the original system seemed vastly more functional then anything TW have changed it to. These hotkeys are nice; but..... it was working fine before? I know it's probably just to allow porting to consoles; but I don't understand why we can't have legacy controls as an option instead of just this awkward new one and the wheel mode.

The worst offender is definitely face-enemy; in captains mode this is the single most important command you have available - it's frustrating having to switch back to face enemy before choosing a new direction. It's also annoying losing the facing direction shown on the map. If these could be seperated out into two buttons again; I would accept the other changes as they are.

Just very strange change overall and a step back for the game I have to say. I can live with the new version but I don't think anyone would call it better.

Just hit the right side mouse button

.... Sorry what button? This is my other biggest issue; but I'll let it slide if there is another option to close it.

I have to admit the original system seemed vastly more functional then anything TW have changed it to. These hotkeys are nice; but..... it was working fine before? I know it's probably just to allow porting to consoles; but I don't understand why we can't have legacy controls as an option instead of just this awkward new one and the wheel mode.

The worst offender is definitely face-enemy; in captains mode this is the single most important command you have available - it's frustrating having to switch back to face enemy before choosing a new direction.

To be honest I had not even considered the multiplayer implications for the face direction issues. And if anything those are the voices who should be loudest thinking about it...
Why are they not out here in droves?

Face direction toggle must be so annoying when one player is able to mess with a whole formation easier by making them face just the one guy and showing their backs to arrows etc. Must be so frustrating in captain mode. Another reason why I am avoiding playing early access currently...

Aka RMB...english in not my native language, idk how to explain this better :/
Thanks buddy. Sorry I probably sounded very snarky; that wasn't my intention. It sounded like you meant like an additional side-button or something; just my confusion. This is absolutely brilliant; can't believe I didn't find this myself. A massive help thank you!

Us English and our lack of bothering to learn other languages are the ones who should apologise in these moments of confusion.

To be honest I had not even considered the multiplayer implications for the face direction issues. And if anything those are the voices who should be loudest thinking about it...
Why are they not out here in droves?

Face direction toggle must be so annoying when one player is able to mess with a whole formation easier by making them face just the one guy and showing their backs to arrows etc. Must be so frustrating in captain mode. Another reason why I am avoiding playing early access currently...
I think the captains mode crowd tend to be a little less vocal and a lot more casual then say the skirmish group and people who want battle mode back. Sure I love all MP game modes (and SP as well I might add) but captains mode is actually in a pretty good state. The class system (regardless of what you think about it in general) works really nicely for captains, balance is largely okay and it is a really fun game mode. Yeah this command change is a damned nuisance but overall apart from more maps, more perks and maybe more units - captains mode is a probably the most finished variation of the game right now.

I could argue and say you should try the game again now; but if you can avoid playing it until full release I would urge you to.

Back
Top Bottom