Eyegrim the Devourer killed ?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Warpath

Regular
Should that happen ? It happened to me 2 times even ( he died after my first fight, i thought it was a bug, i left the battle, reloaded the save before the fight but he died again). And yes, i am sure of this cause he was in the killed list and i did not receive a message that he was defeated but got away.

Well when i fought some dude's adventure company, i got the  " xxxxx has been defeated but managed to escape ". What is the difference between a named npc and a hero ? Isn't the fact that he appears with his name and his HP percent in the army list enough to make him a hero type npc ?

Warpath said:
What is the difference between a named npc and a hero ? Isn't the fact that he appears with his name and his HP percent in the army list enough to make him a hero type npc ?
Yes, they show that the character is a hero, but heroes also have a special flag in their codes, basically making them heroes.

In my game I fought eyegrim's army but he wasn't in it. It was only 200 strong so it must have had some previous skirmishes, but didn't know the specialty spawns could be killed

Both a Heretic (and other sorts of armies) army and the army led by a named leader can spawn.  If he escapes, he can respawn.  If you capture him, you can ransom him for a qualis gem.  (There are other options, too - see the FAQ about named enemies.)

The really tricky part is to spot and realise the difference between the immortal NPCs (the ones with % health bars) and the destroyable (The ones without).

%=qualis gem upon capture, eternal life
nothing=smelly dust once the bonfire consumed the smelly undead and burned down.

Due to this little fact the undead parties stick around without leadership if they die in the first round. But they still carry the same name. You´ll have to live with it. It´s an undead issue.

UNDEAD PPL DIE ON DEATH. YES THIS POST MAKES SENSE.

Maltise,Eyegrim,Undead warriors,serpent priestesses,etcetera.

Even if they have a huge WWE belt with IMMORTAL carved in golden letters on its buckle, they die permanently when their health reaches %0. No chance of ever knocking them out or sorts.

THIS IS NOT A BUG. THIS IS AN INTENDED FEATURE,so you can not recruit lower level undead and train them into demon warriors and etcetera.

Eyegrim and undead WILL DIE even if you beat them to death with a pillow.

~Ãbyss

Funny you should say that, in my battle with Maltise i knocked her out......Also , your statement makes what noosers said invalid : "%=qualis gem upon capture, eternal life"

Then there is a bug somewhere. Eyegrim the devourer should not have a %(he does not in my savegames) and Maltise should die on death.

I am starting to suspect your game installation and version.

~Ãbyss

@Ãbyss

You are most certainly wrong about Maltise - i've knocked her unconcious and ransomed for a gem (yes, in pop3).

I see,I am wrong about Maltise,then. Had no personal experience with her in PoP 3 so I suppose she is ransomable in design.

~Ãbyss

OK, guys, here's the deal:

It is possible for Maltise, Eyegrim and other named enemy leaders of the specialty armies to be killed in battle, not captured.  If you, for example, join a lord who is fighting Maltise, it may result in death.  If you or one of your troop zap Maltise, she will be knocked out and a prisoner, and you can ransom for a gem.  They were always intended to be unrecruitable, either knocked out/taken prisoner for ransom (or killed by Player, or retired by Player) or killed in battle.  Depending on Player's choice of ransom, death or retirement, they might or might not respawn in the same game.  If you ransomed them for money or a gem, I think there was a 15% chance they'd respawn in PoP 2.0 - 2.5, and that applies to PoP 3 as well.

It works this way because of a previous PoP 2.0 - 2.5 bug which, if you took Maltise (or Eygrim et.alia) prisoner and put them in a dungeon or recruited them, they might spawn a duplicate again and trash your game.  So they are now unrecruitable.

I hope this clears up the questions - if it isn't clear, please ask again.

Now i get it. In my case i was joining a huge fight ( 4 of my lords + 2 mercenary companies vs eyegrim ) and maybe it was one of the mercs that popped him.... Thanks

Im curious, what does eyegrim look like? Im picturing a fallen with mutton chop sideys and a big bad affro :grin:

Enable edit mode, go to your skills page, click on your own picture.  You can then skip through all the characters until you find Eyegrim and see what he looks like.

Qtee said:
Im curious, what does eyegrim look like? Im picturing a fallen with mutton chop sideys and a big bad affro :grin:

Eyegrim aint Jules from Pulp Fiction,but you wish he was.

~Ãbyss

Back
Top Bottom