Experiencing a weird friggin' error after adding items to mod

Users who are viewing this thread

RobinHat

Sergeant
So I just added a few new items to my mod. Nothing fancy, just a few retextured helmets - like I've done about a trillion times before. Now, when start up a new game and create my character, the character starts at level 31! What the heck has happened here? I have seriously only edited module_items and module_troops, and I haven't fiddled with anything else.

Anyone?

Edit: So I tried deleting the new items from module_troops - not module_items. So the items are still there, but there are no longer any troops that have the items (just a leather cap that was red), and now it works normally again. Can someone please explain how giving a Swadian Recruit a red leather cap can completely mess up the entire game?

This kind of error has been mentioned a few times, quick search brought this up

Lumos said:
jacobhinds said:
Every time I start a new game, the player begins with 24 levels and 249 weapon proficiency points. I recently installed rubik's troop trees - although that might not be the problem. However I haven't done anything else to skills or game_start since it was last working.
You get the sudden "thunk" of multiple level-ups? As I found a long time ago, when nobody seemed to know what the reason for this (not-so-rare) problem was, it usually stems from improperly defined (i.e. missing) tier_1_troops for all (any?) factions. Go over your slots once again and make sure all's well on their end.

I considered doing a search, but I was so perplexed that I didn't know exactly what to search for. Thanks for replying though. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom