Experience with new maps and ai battles 1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

bestmods168

Sergeant at Arms
First of all, a huge thanks to the devs for this improvement in my opinion on the new maps and ai battles in 1.5.6

Like I've stated before in another thread where ai marches cautiously and fights accordingly.

I played sp as a merc under sturgia and went against vlandia. We fought on the new map where theres a valley and a rock cliff on either side overlooking the valley.
It was about 300 vs 300 or so. To my surprise, sturgia lacking abundant cavalry, played defense and did a shieldwall by the cliff choke point. While the archers stays on top of the cliff raining down arrows on the vlandians. They held this position until the very end. The sturgian cavalries did hit and run tactics. Charged to fight the other cavalries and returned back to the tactical point. Even when the Vlandian cavalry attacked the shieldwall, the sturgians did not break formations. The vlandian foot soldiers came wave after wave to attack the shieldwall, but keep getting driven back. Their crossbolts were useless against the overhead shieldwall. After a lot of their cavalries got killed, they were left with no choice but to retreat with around 100+ men left. Another thing I found was that the enemies now have proper places to retreat. Like real places through an opening in the mountain side, etc. This battle took about 10 minutes or so to complete. I didn't do much in this battle. I probably killed less than 10 cavalries and some retreating foot soldiers.

I had another battle against battanians where I was raining down musket fire on them. Their foot soldiers did not get close to me but their brave cavalry cautious waited for the right timing to charge. Their charges was as brave as the Last Samurai and the Winged Hussars. The 50 or so smashed into my 200 musketeers. It should've have over for me then, but too bad they didn't have deadly horse charges. My musketeers got surround by the cavalry. But we all know how this ends. My musketeers finished them all off at point blank.

This was on challenging difficulty.

Overall, battles are improving.

Back
Top Bottom