Expansion / Multiplayer suggestion thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Slawtering said:
Vorcan that post was from over 3 years ago and was talking about warband beta...

Wonderfully done, I doubt you even read my post at all.
Not only did you add nothing to anything I've said. For example, you could have told me exactly why my response to this old (And trust me, I knew it was old) post is no longer relevant.
As I have yet to find any gameplay that shows this idea being used. So could you tell me whether or not the actual "Content" of my post is irrelevant in light of information I haven't seen yet?
Instead of stating the painfully obvious which doesn't add much to the topic at hand...

~Vorcan~

Alright, so it seems I have to post here.

World War II Expansion/Mod suggestion thread.

What if TaleWorlds were to make another DLC similar to Napoleonic Wars, which was a hit, that was based on the World War II time period of warfare instead.

It would mirror Napoleonic War's idea of Riflemen Regiments and Snipers, Machine Gunners and Assault Squads, and then Artillery, Medics, and Generals.

The factions would resemble too, as the time periods mirror each other. Great Britain, Germany (Austria), Italy, Russia, France.

Here are some pictures to give an idea of what I'm talking about.

(Will post later, have to go).

P.S. Regardless of photos for now, just Google some World War II battles or films to get a better idea and then imagine it in the form of Napoleonic Wars for Mount & Blade Warband.

Before suggesting this - Yes, I did use the search function!

Ingame customizable/nameable player troops. A personalization feature which has been implemented in many Warband mods, so I thought it was quite popular (and I like it as well). As a personal variation on this for Bannerlord: Make it so that the selection of quality equipment is based on the renown of the player. This way, the player doesn't have the ability to get overpowered troops right from the start.

I have an idea about singleplayer mode in multiplayer.

What if this was multiplayer:
2012-07-12_00187-300x168.jpg

In the PW mod it is possible to pilot big war ships and i was wondering if its possible to have that in a 32 mb download why do we not have multiplayer ship battles for napoleonic wars with cannons on them and boarding parties and the like

Ok well this is my first time writing, and i don't know if this has been asked or not, i just felt like asking for it and i will 0.o

For the multiplayer (and ive asked like 3 friends and they agreed) that there should be a map (like in the single player) for multiplayer, and then set a maximum for the map (like 100-200 players per map) and have them duke it out 0.o. Have players start kingdoms wherever, then have other players be able to join, and when the player goes offline, his army remains in whatever town he owns. i dont know this is just an idea, but i think if you tried with this it would work out =).

Wojtekdude97 said:
Ok well this is my first time writing, and i don't know if this has been asked or not, i just felt like asking for it and i will 0.o

For the multiplayer (and ive asked like 3 friends and they agreed) that there should be a map (like in the single player) for multiplayer, and then set a maximum for the map (like 100-200 players per map) and have them duke it out 0.o. Have players start kingdoms wherever, then have other players be able to join, and when the player goes offline, his army remains in whatever town he owns. i dont know this is just an idea, but i think if you tried with this it would work out =).
I wonder is M&B2 will be this way .

I need someone to equip Native enhanced 608b ( It has been released, the source code ) with tournaments enh. kit 1.5 with merger stuff, pls I want enhanced features to play native, I like native most then other mods. Just some extra but specific extra you know ?

I was thinking the other day of how persistent versions of each mod were coming out or being made. I was trying to think of a way to expand on that concept and then it hit me. why only one use map? is there a way to port the single player roaming map (the one with all the towns and armies in it) over to multiplayer? each party can be a group formed before entering into the server and they could go around and fight other armies, and own a town, set up at forts, tax and loot towns.

guys this would push mount and blade multiplayer to the next level and it would definitely appeal to mmo players. imagine if this was done in a western. states could go to war with each other gangs robbing banks, looting guild villages, guild wars and the fights over territory.

An optional mode for players with Stem Systems would be nice.
Imagine actually parrying your opponents blocks/Blows and attacking with various weapons (Swords, Axes, etc.)
As well as finishing them off with a well placed Axe to the chest or something similar :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b1ycwQIG7c

At the very least making the functions available to make this a mod would be nice :smile:

I noticed that for the Nords, the Archer has a mail byrnie and the Huskarl has the mail shirt, please switch them around, it seems weird. Archer is suppose to be long range and therefore, have worse Armour, while the Huskarl is sword-to-sword.
And also add the Long Arming Sword for Swadian Knights in MP, you can't be a knight without a Long Arming Sword.
I am thinking you're saying that 'But all Swadian-Players will go Knight for a Long Arming Sword.' Then they're missing out on 41 pointed cheap Armour which is for the Swadian Infantry.

There are basicly 2 things I find very annoying in multiplayer.
1. In siege people and horses are jumping off the walls (cca 6-7 meters) without dying, and moving in action with full speed and skills.
2 Also in siege can defenders make the brakeable doors or gates stronger by standing behind them with a shield, or a blocking weapon. Is it possible to fix this bug?

Trebor said:
I was thinking the other day of how persistent versions of each mod were coming out or being made. I was trying to think of a way to expand on that concept and then it hit me. why only one use map? is there a way to port the single player roaming map (the one with all the towns and armies in it) over to multiplayer? each party can be a group formed before entering into the server and they could go around and fight other armies, and own a town, set up at forts, tax and loot towns.

guys this would push mount and blade multiplayer to the next level and it would definitely appeal to mmo players. imagine if this was done in a western. states could go to war with each other gangs robbing banks, looting guild villages, guild wars and the fights over territory.
Had this same idea. I'm a huge mmo fan, and I agree, this would really improve the Mount and Blade experience. I do realize that this could be very difficult, as the Mount and Blade campaign takes a very long time as is, and with six or so players at once, many people would not have the patience to finish. Also, there would be no way to pause, as pausing for yourself would also pause for other players. If the developers feel as though they could pull this off, then I would love to see them do so.

BludnVinegar said:
Trebor said:

Had this same idea. I'm a huge mmo fan, and I agree, this would really improve the Mount and Blade experience. I do realize that this could be very difficult, as the Mount and Blade campaign takes a very long time as is, and with six or so players at once, many people would not have the patience to finish. Also, there would be no way to pause, as pausing for yourself would also pause for other players. If the developers feel as though they could pull this off, then I would love to see them do so.

Melee Battlegrounds is basically taking Mount&Blade to the MMO realm.

Back
Top Bottom