Expansion / Multiplayer suggestion thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod

An old salt from the mainland
Marquis
It won't be possible to play all of the regular game in multiplayer; instead the focus is on the battles. The goal is for at least 32 players (in addition to bots, if wanted), "hopefully more". There are supposed to be typical gameplay modes like deathmatch and team deathmatch, and even siege and a few others. Just like in the regular game the multiplayer is going to be very modding friendly. A closed beta begins in three months. If everything goes as planned, the as yet unnamed expansion will be released at the end of summer.

Other news is a better strategic AI, better prospects for diplomacy and better rendering techniques - among others HDR that makes it entrance. In the beginning of next week there will be interviews with Cimenbicer popping up, telling more about the expansion.
Have fun with this pile of fresh images.
Then there's the game information, that's phrased horribly, and comments.

Fall of Denial said:
Capture the flag!
Yes!

Also, something sort of like Juggernaut would be nice. (1/4 damage and auto blocking/ faster attack/defend for one person, full damage, slower attack speed and manual blocking for the rest.)

There should also be specific tournaments and such, like all jousts, 1 v 1s, etc.

Now, we, the Forums of Taleworlds, should start suggesting some names for the M&B multiplayer expansion. Something like "Mount&Blade: Fight for Glory" or somesuch.

Bots? I hope there will be some familiar faces there. I've been going into battle with Marnid behind my back since I first started playing this game and I don't intend to join the multiplayer fest without his trusty trading skills supporting me  :wink:

There are supposed to be typical gameplay modes like deathmatch and team deathmatch, and even siege and a few others.
More ladders or towers, and perhaps even a destroyable door on the castles would be vital if this were implemented.

As early as it can be;
-Automatic Team scramble and voting system for it as options for servers.

Sure, stacked teams are fun, should be allowed, but it shouldn't become common in public servers.

The important thing to think about with MP will be cheats that could ruin it all. We need a for sure way to tell if files have been altered or if someone is running a mod.

It would also be nice if a host could list a description of his/her mod (as with Neverwinter Nights game/server info) and for a player to be able to download the mod right from the server and join without additional hassle.

BadabombadaBang said:
We have to pay for this right? That's what I'm guessing, good, more production money for M&B 2 if that ever happens.

At least the newbs will keep their mouth's shut.  :smile:

I would like to see, a oddball like game.

Ok just getting on with the articles at hand... anyway you said pay? Wouldn't they use a free match making service of arena servers of some 3rd party (not going to mention names.)

As a suggestion for consideration, it might add some spice and give each MP battle more significance to add a system where the number of enemies killed (or goals achieved, if goals are implemented) gives players denars to be spent the following round on equipment - ala several popular FPS MP games.  Get a few killls, work your way up to that Shiny Lamellar armor and wield a balanced axe.  Rewards always seem more satisfying than simple points.

Good luck guys, and congrats on the continued success.

There could be a variety of goal oriented maps, such as a dungeon/tower rescue. Or a gauntlet, where a team has to make it through a fortified arena route on foot with the other team trying to stop them (I'm thinking ranged weapons, or if moveable scene props have by any chance been expanded upon for siege improvements, trap operation).

That would be cool,
Maybe make the tower rescue like the multiplayer from left4dead. (I don't know if anyone has played that) but give the defending characters more ability's

There are special characters in America's Army Special Forces and regular soldiers.  How about a map where people randomly gets to be the special character (one of the named companions), with a specific objective, like climbing walls to get an item as Klethi, or capturing a horse as Borcha, or building a siege tower as Artimenner.

Any multiplayer needs to be objective based, or someone could just ride around forever.

A survivor mode, either one guy holds off everyone with a bow while the others have their fists.

OR!!!!!

A small team, preferably 4, hold off wave upon wave of enemies. Mods will enable it to be zombies or something.

A voting system implemented within multiplayer.

For example, at the end of a round, there will be a list of maps for the next round to be voted for.

Of course, plenty of detailed scenes to choose from. Also, an option to make and host our own scenes would be wonderful.

Basically, I want multiplayer to be fleshed out and have plenty of features and be very customizable.  :grin:

None of that troop name stuff to give away position. Custom heraldry, barding and banners would be nice as well.

Back
Top Bottom