SP - General Executing lord should give you a reputation for cruelty, not deceit

Users who are viewing this thread

Lunarahi

Recruit
The title. At preset, executing lords gives you reputation for deceit. My character would be totally honest about his intent to execute every single member of their clan, if given the choice.

No idea how they thought it was deceit. Maybe you are presumed to have given an oath of protection when you took him prisoner...?

It's another dumb feature, and should be changed in the manner you suggest.

The title. At preset, executing lords gives you reputation for deceit. My character would be totally honest about his intent to execute every single member of their clan, if given the choice.

Yes. You clearly communicated your honest intentions in the pre-battle dialog options as well, so 'deceit' is the definitly the wrong word for it.

Not sure how the trait/reputation system works in this game.

Obtaining "deceitful" this way is the only one I know of (aside from character background choices at start of game).

Gifting lots of money to nobles and keeping my cities well-funded has not made my character 'generous'.
Releasing many captured nobles after battle has not made my character 'merciful'.

Very keen on the idea of the multi-category trait/reputation system. Needs to be explained better in-game and improve the naming. Maybe also some text log indicating that your character is gaining or loosing "Honorable" points with this action (similar to influence gain or money loses).

I get the impression that 'honorable' and "deceitful" are on the same (hidden) slider/scale.
So 'dishonorable' or 'ruthless' might be better naming than "deceitful" in this context.

It should give you a reputation for honor and justice, these cowardly lord sneaking around attacking villagers deserve to die. They are worse than bandits.

It should give you a reputation for honor and justice, these cowardly lord sneaking around attacking villagers deserve to die. They are worse than bandits.

So true.

It ****s of me off that I have to tiptoe around and not burn everything to the ground, but as soon as a war starts, NPC lords are acting like it's the purge.

Oh god i hope they change it i got the deceitful trait when i KILLED A BUGGAR THAT TOOK ONE OF MY COMPANIONS PRISONER. The companion wasnt even a military target i NEVER attack trade vans as i consider foolish ( no intelligent leader attacks commerce i DOH) and then oh what the **** ive iam deceitful. Well ive gone with it and now iam set on wiping EVERY MOTHER LOVER IN CALRADIA OUUTTT!!
P.S. Please change. :grin:

It tags as deceitful due to the game seeing is as dishonorable. From the M&B Wiki:
  • Merciful (Mercy 1)
  • Cruel (Mercy -1)
  • Generous (Generosity 1)
  • Closefisted (Generosity -1)
  • Honest (Honor 1)
  • Devious (Honor -1)
  • Deceitful (Honor -2)
  • Daring (Valor 1)
  • Cautious (Valor -1)
I agree it shouldn't be Deceitful, but I don't know that it should be Cruel either. I would have Just instead of Honest for honor and have the opposite being Treacherous or Ignoble. Then have Trustworthy as the opposite of Deceitful with the variable being Honesty. Thus executions would see you as Treacherous/Ignoble, raiding villages/attacking villagers could see you as Cruel, and not finishing quests/sticking to promises would see you as Devious/Deceitful.

It tags as deceitful due to the game seeing is as dishonorable. From the M&B Wiki:
  • Merciful (Mercy 1)
  • Cruel (Mercy -1)
  • Generous (Generosity 1)
  • Closefisted (Generosity -1)
  • Honest (Honor 1)
  • Devious (Honor -1)
  • Deceitful (Honor -2)
  • Daring (Valor 1)
  • Cautious (Valor -1)
I agree it shouldn't be Deceitful, but I don't know that it should be Cruel either. I would have Just instead of Honest for honor and have the opposite being Treacherous or Ignoble. Then have Trustworthy as the opposite of Deceitful with the variable being Honesty. Thus executions would see you as Treacherous/Ignoble, raiding villages/attacking villagers could see you as Cruel, and not finishing quests/sticking to promises would see you as Devious/Deceitful.

Nice idea in theory about the failure of quests being deceitful (ie untrustworthy) but not currently possible i've had a bug out rate for quests of nearly 50%, one example i had to go to a village with a Family Feud quest but the target village was in a permanent state of being raided until WAAAY after the quest failed :razz:

Cant remember what i got if even got anything at all when beheading Khuz whole family tree and friends with my Desert Bandit lord Ali Baba and his 40 men. But yeah they might have to fix that but i haven't got myself in to understanding that system either.so hard to say why you got that title just because of that

I agree that it should be cruel and not deceitful, however, one could rationalize this as: "lords have an unstated understanding that one captures but doesn't kill the nobility (the common folk be damned) when one kills a member of the nobility then that is breaking the lordly code..." Very cheeky... very deceitful.

I just had another thought. Could the gaining of traits from executions be linked to the traits of those you put to death? What I mean is: When a noble who is cruel and deceitful themselves is executed, is it worth the same loss of honor as executing one who is merciful and honest? Should it be?

I just had another thought. Could the gaining of traits from executions be linked to the traits of those you put to death? What I mean is: When a noble who is cruel and deceitful themselves is executed, is it worth the same loss of honor as executing one who is merciful and honest? Should it be?
you may have a point there.

+1, also shouldnt reduce relations with every single clan (basically). Also, should have less of an effect on your kingdoms clans, since you are executing the enemy...

I absolutely agree on that.

Honor axis (honest/devious traits) is far less appropriate for freeing/executing enemy lords than mercy axis (merciful/cruel traits), character should become more cruel (less merciful) instead of more deceitful (less honest) when you execute imprisoned lords.
I don't really get why your character become less honest when they execute someone. Executing is cruel? Yes, it is. Devious? Vae victis!

I absolutely agree on that.

Honor axis (honest/devious traits) is far less appropriate for freeing/executing enemy lords than mercy axis (merciful/cruel traits), character should become more cruel (less merciful) instead of more deceitful (less honest) when you execute imprisoned lords.
I don't really get why your character become less honest when they execute someone. Executing is cruel? Yes, it is. Devious? Vae victis!

Honest is just the tag they use for Honor 1. They could just as easily change it to "Just," it would make more sense. In fact the encyclopedia description does just that

Back
Top Bottom