Exchanging items with unique party members

Users who are viewing this thread

navidson

Recruit
Just a minor suggestion that would make upgrading Marnid and Borcha a little less painful on the wallet - would it be possible to exchange items with these two characters without having to pay them to take back items you've given them for free?

I think this has already been addressed, and is a good idea. The problem, i think, is that it treats those hero's too much like merchants. If you've ever sold a rather expensive load to a merchant, you get the same "pay me what you can" option, because merchants also have a finite cash amount.

However, a merchant possibly has more inventory that they can give you even if they are out of cash.

Since the heroes are in your employ and you gave them those items in the first place, you shouldn't have to pay to get them back.

I'd like to see the heroes cash value go into the negatives indicating that they owe you money.

Alternatively, make Borcha and Marnid come with no inventory whatsoever. You have to buy all their equipment but you can move items from their inventory at will. To stop them becoming pack horses, maybe limit their inventory to a small number of slots.

Craig

In another thread, someone proposed that when you select "I have some items I no longer need", your inventory and Borcha's outfit window would pop up, so you can give him items that fit in his outfit only, removing the possibility that you put unneeded items in Borcha's inventroy, and you wouldn't have to pay to get your items back. :smile:

Lhorkan said:
In another thread, someone proposed that when you select "I have some items I no longer need", your inventory and Borcha's outfit window would pop up, so you can give him items that fit in his outfit only, removing the possibility that you put unneeded items in Borcha's inventroy, and you wouldn't have to pay to get your items back. :smile:

I must have missed that thread/idea ... but that seems to solve both problems with one simple (I assume) fix. Has armagan said if this is a possibility or not?

Narcissus

1. JESUS CHRIST, STOP SIGNING YOUR POSTS! YOU HAVE A USERNAME FOR A REASON--USE A SIGNATURE STATEMENT OR NOTHING, BUT STOP SIGNING THINGS! IT GIVES ME ****ING OCULAR GONORRHEA.

2. What's wrong with making your other heroes packhorses? I have no idea what the problem is with that, since it seems logical and useful to me. I'm for that more than anything else.

1. JESUS CHRIST, STOP SIGNING YOUR POSTS! YOU HAVE A USERNAME FOR A REASON--USE A SIGNATURE STATEMENT OR NOTHING, BUT STOP SIGNING THINGS! IT GIVES ME ****ING OCULAR GONORRHEA.
1. Give your shift a break. 2. Btw the stupidest thing to whine about ever

2. What's wrong with making your other heroes packhorses? I have no idea what the problem is with that, since it seems logical and useful to me. I'm for that more than anything else.
Well I think that the inventory that the main character has would contain "the stuff" the whole party carries and so heroes should only carry what they are using.

I really dont have anyproblems with having to pay them,

1 becuz i have so much money

2 becuz they basiccly joined you for favors, but they cant live off of nuthin.

:lol: Psyco

Ian

P.s. I signed my post, cry about it

Yikes!!

@ Thucydides = It is a very old habit to sign my posts. Normally, I would apologize and try not to do it any longer, yet funny enough ... I just don't have the urge to stop after that post. :evil:

The problem with using the inventory of your hero for storage, is that it defeats the whole idea behind the skill "Inventory Management'. Why put points into that skill when you can get a 'Leadership' point that allows you to gain another hero that can carry more than the 6 spaces you get with 'Inventory Management'?

Currently, there are only two hero-characters ... but I feel it is a good bet that there will be more eventually. I'd also like to think that Armagan didn't add them to the game so that a player can use them as packhorses. Might just be me though.

Narcissus

Yeah, i agree that just having an equipment screen for your heros would solve the problem. You shouldn't be able to use them as storage, that just unbalances the inventory management skill. And wow thucydides, anger management? Lets all sign our posts!!! It makes them more personal! :razz:

DaLagga

It DOES anoy me also when I give the buggers an expensive peace of armor or weaponry and when i want to upgrade them and take back what i gave them i have to pay them 8k and they didnt give me crap for it.

And by the way, i just posted this here so i could sign my post..... :wink:

Blade

i agree that heros shouldnt be used as pack hourses. If this was real life (which its not sorry to break some of your hearts) you wouldnt want to be the idiot caring around things would you?

Zdazzle

I think tha using Heros as pack horse is appropriate.
I do not think they are entitled to pay for items that I gave them to begin with.

The reason it still balances with Inventory MGt- is that after a battle you can only pick up what fits in YOUR inventory, not the cumulative party inventory. I tyou like you could buff inventory mgt to allow the use of extra horses in the players inventory to be pack horses.

I also think that heros should have the same special slots that a player has ( gloves, armor, headgear, horse food, and only two for weapons). This would reduce thier "packhorse" inventory and allow the player to fit items meant to be used versus items meant to be carried.

Agreed. I mean, they have inverntory management, so why can't they take the goods. their in your party, you shouldn't have to sell stuff to them

Sneakey Pete.

Meh, just take away their inventory slots, give them the same equipment layout you have, and have the inv. mgmt skill become a party skill- with slightly increased bonuses (+9 instead of +6).

Then bring in wagons which can increase your inventory base number and forget the whole "trading with party members" nonsense.

Alright, give them one row of inventory so they can have a backup horse and shield or what-not.  Either way, the Inventory screen should be the storage space for your entire troop, not just you.  There's no way you can carry that much by yourself.

Yeah, but wagons?  Wagons are good.

I don't mind heros having inventory skill. What I think is that they ought to be collecting crap off of the battlefield, and discarding stuff that is less valuable. It's the only way to justify how other troops upgrade, and why you pull in so little booty. The mods giving them some extra cash somewhat reflect this, but if they through away what you gave them (if they found stuff they wanted more) you couldn't really use them as packhorses.

Back
Top Bottom