Everything Has A Price

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know if you tried to go the merchant way. But actually it is now pretty boring, it's been nearly 40 hours of reselling goods from town to town and I'm only lvl185 trade. Imagine, my "merchant gameplay" which is only this. It's cool to have a goal but buying a city is not a "Final Goal" itself. It should be a step.

That's not a problem with that Perk existing that's a problem of trade not leveling very fast and being repetitive after a while when I get tired of trading I load a save with a more fighting oriented character (allthough with every character I always end up doing the desert horse trade run a few times for some nice cash, it seems a bit less profitable in 1.04)

Same here, the only time I got that perk and was even able to use it was when I used the character export mod, edit the character to give him that perk (and a bunch of others I was never going to reach) and 60 million gold.

Came halfway of reaching it in a trader run once and suddenly I was too old to get married and I had passed the 10 year timer for the banner quest

It's a way to obtain a castle without having to start a war or join a faction. And play as a distant independent lord, quietly managing his posessions and household.

All the war and fighting and raiding and sieging gets in the way of kingdom management, economy management and bandit hunting.

This feature is very exploitable. I will mod it out.

A bit more info about my game. Modded to x3 XP gain, 1x attribute point per level. So at day 105 I got this char.

qzpjYZu.png

UVdQcaf.png

Im not sure how much time it would take to level up trade to 225 by playing with vanilla rules nor would I put all attribute points into trade anyway.

Also, the real price for Marunath is 3 mil (1.2 price was ~250k)
BB9ICoO.png

Castle nearby (1.2 price was ~60k)
WaVr4hT.png

But I found out that Caladog is in need for good weapons :grin: ...
8CJjBEW.png

Who in the 11th century just up and decided to sell their town to someone? LOL, Constantinople going once, going twice, sold. This is too easy an exploit. Sell your town make no money, AI should never do this unless it's a faction member and a castle maybe.
Nothing wrong with being able to trade towns/castles at all as long as the cost is balanced and if castles added something unique other than being just poor mans towns.....
And think about it lets say you pay 5mil for a town how many game days does it take before you have made your money back ??? i think you will find that the noble got a good deal and when he gets old can retire to his country estate in luxury.

Nothing wrong with being able to trade towns/castles at all as long as the cost is balanced and if castles added something unique other than being just poor mans towns.....
And think about it lets say you pay 5mil for a town how many game days does it take before you have made your money back ??? i think you will find that the noble got a good deal and when he gets old can retire to his country estate in luxury.

The entire point of this game is to control territory, not to sell and go retire.

Fiefs must be traded for fiefs, as option to get all your property more or less in the same region. To sell some significant piece of land for meager coins it is almost impossible to imagine for medieval period.

And trading fiefs for fiefs must be default option, without any perks.

Fiefs must be traded for fiefs, as option to get all your property more or less in the same region. To sell some significant piece of land for meager coins it is almost impossible to imagine for medieval period.

And trading fiefs for fiefs must be default option, without any perks.

And that's just it exactly. Money is not worth as much as a fief is. Unless there was some bank or higher entity ( for power) to aspire to, it's outright nonsensical to sell a fief for money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom