SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Even more factions

Users who are viewing this thread

Arenik

Recruit
My suggestion for factions is this:
1. New steppe fractions (kuzaites, nachaganes, arkites, kergites, karakergites). They are either united into the Kuzait Kaganate (a confederation; each clan within the Khanate has its own Khanate), or each clan has its own faction (Khanate; the name is given by the clan).
P.S Khanates within the kaganate differ visually and a little culturally. The territory of the emirates is equal.
2. Nord faction.
3. New desert factions (aserai, sarranids, + 2 factions). They are either united in the Aseraev sultanate (confederation; each clan = emirate; the name is given by the clan), or they have their own separate emirates.
P.S Emirates within the Sultanate differ visually and cultural. he territory of the khanates is equal.
4. Island faction (on the example of Japan).
P.S. We need a version of the map, where it shows administrative units. For example, Vlandia consists of duchies, those stand from counties, and those from baronies (the Kuzaits will reflect the khanates within the kaganate, and for the Aserais, the emirates within the sultanate). This will help reflect my proposal on the map.

Last edited:
How do you picture the "confederation" status to differ from "faction"? Is it more than a visual thing? Or do you mean the minors battles internally, that they are "dependent" factions? Does the minors only join defensive wars?

Minor independent factions/clans would be nice! A small landhold for nords, 1 or 2 independent minor imperial- factions, 2 vlandian factions.
Beware the setting close is a huge civil war, all faction deos not need to be equal/balanced! A none-stalemate civil war :smile:

I propose that the confederation (steppe, sultanates in the south, tribes of the northerners (Nords, etc.) should consist of independent states (they are displayed on the campaign map), but they only affect foreign policy (they participate in voting on a declaration of war or conclusion of peace ), and in the internal politics of the state they are independent

what would it mean in practice? Would they be weaker/stronger/the same? Would they join all wars autmatically if the total vote says so or would they join only wars they voted yes for? How would conquered fiefs be distributed? If 2 minors are at war and the confederation goes to war, what will happen?

Would they be weaker/stronger/the same?
It depends on what they were at the time of joining the confederation (well, after that, it already depends on the policy of a particular state)
Would they join all wars autmatically if the total vote says so or would they join only wars they voted yes for?
Officially, members of the confederation enter all wars (regardless of opinion), but actual participation depends on the internal political situation
How would conquered fiefs be distributed?
The legal status of these possessions can be different, they can be transferred to a condominium (joint ownership), part of the land can be under protectorate, the conquered lands can be transferred to one member. All this was decided by universal suffrage.

what would it mean in practice?
Confederation will be difficult to implement in practice, so it is better to make these tribes separate factions (I'm talking about the khanates of the Nachagans, Arkits, Kergits, Karakergits; Sarranid and other (come up with) sultanates; Nords and other northern tribes (come up with))

Titles

Confederation will be difficult to implement in practice, so it is better to make these tribes separate factions (I'm talking about the khanates of the Nachagans, Arkits, Kergits, Karakergits; Sarranid and other (come up with) sultanates; Nords and other northern tribes (come up with))
Allthough it maight be historically correct to make some "realm" more decentraliced and even make them into a confederation, I don't see how this could be implemented in a way that makes the game better.
  • All these factions would be "unruleable" for the player. No fun not have anything do as the ruler of the Khuzaits, is it? The members rules the faction anyway, you beeing just a voice among others.
  • Map would look look like ****. Imaging 7-10 (related yes, but still need to differ enough to clearly spot the difference, huh?) colors instead 1 each for 3-4 of the factions?
  • The game does not feature "basic" alliances - how could it feature a diveraging subject status/contract?
  • How would this 4 factions diverage from each other?
I recognice the root cause to such suggestions though, we have seen several of them on this board before. Factions are too simelar. They all play by exactly the same rules. And nothing wrong there!

My counter-proposal is to invent preset tradition-policies to each of the factions that can't/won't be abolished. High- impact ones! :smile:

Allthough it maight be historically correct to make some "realm" more decentraliced and even make them into a confederation, I don't see how this could be implemented in a way that makes the game better.
  • All these factions would be "unruleable" for the player. No fun not have anything do as the ruler of the Khuzaits, is it? The members rules the faction anyway, you beeing just a voice among others.
  • Map would look look like ****. Imaging 7-10 (related yes, but still need to differ enough to clearly spot the difference, huh?) colors instead 1 each for 3-4 of the factions?
  • The game does not feature "basic" alliances - how could it feature a diveraging subject status/contract?
  • How would this 4 factions diverage from each other?
I recognice the root cause to such suggestions though, we have seen several of them on this board before. Factions are too simelar. They all play by exactly the same rules. And nothing wrong there!

My counter-proposal is to invent preset tradition-policies to each of the factions that can't/won't be abolished. High- impact ones! :smile:
My suggestion is to add new factions (for example, Karakergits = Karakergit Khanate, Kergits = Kergit Khanate, Nachagans = Nachaga Khanate of Arkites = Arksite Khanate, Sarranids = Sarranid Sultanate (+ 2 more sultanates), Nords, island faction). If the developers can make a confederation (for example, make a kaganate from the steppe factions), then it is good, but if not, then make separate factions (as I described above), but with different cultural variations (for example, in a marriage ceremony). If the developers will add a new faction, it will only be at the release of the game.

Titles
Marriage and inheritance

Adding a couple more factions in the available campaign map is already a DLC worth of content. Adding 10 more factions with 1000 more items and increasing the map 10 times is not a very realistic (or even good) suggestion, it looks more like a fantasy.

My suggestion is to add new factions (for example, Karakergits = Karakergit Khanate, Kergits = Kergit Khanate, Nachagans = Nachaga Khanate of Arkites = Arksite Khanate, Sarranids = Sarranid Sultanate (+ 2 more sultanates), Nords, island faction). If the developers can make a confederation (for example, make a kaganate from the steppe factions), then it is good, but if not, then make separate factions (as I described above), but with different cultural variations (for example, in a marriage ceremony). If the developers will add a new faction, it will only be at the release of the game.
Yes, you mean to break down the current united teal Khuzait blob into several factions - potentially one each for the current clans Urkhunait(Or Khuzait still.. Ruling clan), Arkit, Baltirs, Harfit, Khergit, Koltit, Tigrit, Yanserit and the minor faction Karakhuzaits. And to do something simelar for Sturgia and Aserai.

The only benefit I can see is that TW would be forced to spend time with diplomancy. I hope they will realize that at some point anyway.

I myself has suggested dividing up the the map even more. Maybe splitting each current realm into 2 or even 3. Alot new factions. This would give smaller realms, harder expantions, greater player impact early on etc :smile: So the idea of adding realms I support.

But I don't see the purpuse or mechanics a fully implemented confederation would add to benefit the game.

Yes, you mean to break down the current united teal Khuzait blob into several factions - potentially one each for the current clans Urkhunait(Or Khuzait still.. Ruling clan), Arkit, Baltirs, Harfit, Khergit, Koltit, Tigrit, Yanserit and the minor faction Karakhuzaits. And to do something simelar for Sturgia and Aserai.

The only benefit I can see is that TW would be forced to spend time with diplomancy. I hope they will realize that at some point anyway.

I myself has suggested dividing up the the map even more. Maybe splitting each current realm into 2 or even 3. Alot new factions. This would give smaller realms, harder expantions, greater player impact early on etc :smile: So the idea of adding realms I support.
Not really. I would not want to split the Kuzaites into several smaller fractions, but add to the Kuzaites a few more approximately the same steppe fractions of about the same area, which are named after the titular nation (Nachagan, Arkits, Kergites, Karakergites). This also applies to Aseraev.

Titles
Marriage and inheritance

Back
Top Bottom