Native Completed European Sword and Shield Tournament 2 - ESST 2 - Do Your ****ing Duels Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoyka said:

Just a few corrections:

- Only Gibby claims DarkLight has used auto block in the past, not Arni.
- Gibby could be wrong with those claims. #xbowsdontgothroughboardshields #gibgamegibster
- If those claims are true, he used them in unofficial ft7s on the Ludus, where his punishment is decided by the Ludus administration only.
- Sota was banned from the tournament due to the rule set, but never shamed or put away as a cheater.
- Sota didn't get banned from the forums for pink javelins, but for being a legendary troll spamming and flaming.

Just have Darklight record his next duels with Nohboard and everything will be cleared up, surely if hes innocent he wont mind proving it to fully clear his name, since so many still believe hes cheating. Free softwares, I'll gladly provide links.

Absence of proof does not mean proof of absence.

Greedalicious said:
Just have Darklight record his next duels with Nohboard and everything will be cleared up, surely if hes innocent he wont mind proving it to fully clear his name, since so many still believe hes cheating. Free softwares, I'll gladly provide links.

Absence of proof does not mean proof of absence.
DarkLight said:
Ill try to record every duel i have from now on, both in-game perspective and a camera on my hands and keyboard. I am not 100% sure i will be able to do this but ill least try to record my in-game camera.

Cheers.

Watly said:
Zoyka said:

Just a few corrections:

- Only Gibby claims DarkLight has used auto block in the past, not Arni.

This is not a claim, it's totally undeniable that he did it. I'll be clear: I have done many ft7s with Darklight and I know exactly what he is capable of and what he cannot handle. His blocking was blatantly abnormally fast and he was able to handle tech which usually would result in a 7 - 1 or 7 - 0 win for me. There is no ambiguity about this; the ft7 I refer to was in September last year, Darklight even now is not capable of blocking close to the level he could in that ft7 and this was proven in my tournament ft7 with him. Frankly Darklight is not able to handle complex inverse moves, which Sponge has plenty of, however Arni is right that Darklight's blocking was not instant in all cases in his duel with Sponge. I don't think there's enough evidence to punish Darklight. If I were Sponge I would have tested his reactive-blocking during the ft7 to see if he was using autoblock but since this wasn't done nobody can say for sure either way.

Lol in that case every autoblocker which waits a bit longer than taps the button would be hardly detected since you can make them delays by yourself, so main indicator of autoblock is constant downblocks on awkward situations, like if someone feints a lot and suddenly stops the guy with autoblock will keep tap the button and in the end he will tap and it will block down since there is no attack direction to follow,  if way too many of those awkward situations happen yeah to me is obvious autoblocker. Yeah i do agree that preblocking stabs is good, but common preblocking stabs against a guy who has stabed 2-3 times for 20 mins duels,normaly you adapt to enemies style. Ive fought a lot against darklight, and i would say i never seen him block down that much and make a lot of akward moments.

S_ said:
Lol in that case every autoblocker which waits a bit longer than taps the button would be hardly detected since you can make them delays by yourself, so main indicator of autoblock is constant downblocks on awkward situations, like if someone feints a lot and suddenly stops the guy with autoblock will keep tap the button and in the end he will tap and it will block down since there is no attack direction to follow,  if way too many of those awkward situations happen yeah to me is obvious autoblocker. Yeah i do agree that preblocking stabs is good, but common preblocking stabs against a guy who has stabed 2-3 times for 20 mins duels,normaly you adapt to enemies style. Ive fought a lot against darklight, and i would say i never seen him block down that much and make a lot of akward moments.

Basically this. A person which was playing without autoblock before, and has developed muscle memory will not just hold the block button, he will mostly use it the same way as he would without it, he will even move his screen to the sides, because it is muscle memory, it's fixed in his brain, in his hands. So no, I do not believe that every autoblocker has to do instant blocks.

Shemaforash said:
don't have an opinion on autoblock, but from what i read i can tell you when i used to duel 2h blocking down preemptively to deal with fast stabs was natural for me. doing the same against inverse kiddos with 1h seems to fulfill the same purpose

Pre-blocking stabs is a really easy method of stun-slashing any stab from any stab capable weapon in the game if you're using a fast enough, especially 1h weapon.  As someone who flips a lot between inverse and normal (I learned both and switch constantly), it is probably even more valid against people using attack by normal mouse direction as repeated stabs don't require camera recovery on normal and will generally be faster than that of an inverse stab which has to contend with a thinning and eventually terminating hitbox that goes along with their natural upward camera movement.

Shemaforash said:
don't have an opinion on autoblock, but from what i read i can tell you when i used to duel 2h blocking down preemptively to deal with fast stabs was natural for me. doing the same against inverse kiddos with 1h seems to fulfill the same purpose

this man is a clear auto blocker troll. look how he does not capitalize any letters in his post. he even puts ae tags on haha what a troll dude

Greedalicious said:
Ehm wait what? We need some transparency here....
ROFL said:
After spending the entire night looking into the evidence presented, talking with some of the best duelists in the game and with players who actually understand how Mount&Blade: Warband functions are working, as well as downloading and testing some autoblocks myself, I firmly came into the conclusion that DarkLight is clearly clean from any cheating and innocent of any accusation that has been presented against him.

Gonna need more than that. Considering the people who were involved in this decision are mostly friends of his, or people who didnt accuse him... Gonna name a few people (not everyone, some didnt want their names mentioned) who still believe hes cheating. Sponge, Raven, Fisk, Grey Warden, Oodle, Guacc, Sho, Zazu,Maximou, Bruce, Volschen.
Why were the ones who were accusing him not involved in the "decision making" at all? Instead of collecting a bunch of people who are more likely to agree with you, why not give them a chance to argue for and against...? Hell why wasnt sponge asked...? And are you saying the players I mentioned above dont know the mechanics? A few duelers tried to replicate this amazing new style of dueling and failed, the reason they gave was
Raven said:
Basically I would have to perfectly predict when my opponent would switch from one attack into another and quickly block down during that switch
And trust me
That costs SO MUCH CONCENTRATION
And even then I cant do it anywhere close to perfect
Especially if someone holds
And then suddenly switches
With a long block inbetween or something
I could not get to time it THAT perfectly
Not consistently anyways

Basically unless Darklight controlls time and space he cant predict the feints and attacks flawlessly, at some point he would **** up and die. Unless hes an anime character.

So some autoblocks were tested, but Sponge found the one that Darklight most likely used, however this one wasnt checked? How come?
(Saw logs of this, including download link sent to the admin team, with no response)

The best way to solve this is to have them re duel, and Darklight records it from his perspective. Even better, use Nohboard so it tracks what buttons he clicks aswell. So far I havnt seen any evidence that hes not cheating, the accusers have shown proof, the defense hasnt. Sorry but your word isnt enough.

PS: Posted this on behalf of a few others, players who know infantry way better than I do, I volunteered.

Tbh it was mentioned earlier he has been autoblocking on ludus before and was only warned for it....sorta weak that he hasnt been banned really...why are we giving cheaters a free ride now just because theyre known players, when any random player wouldve been perma banned without hesitation.
I didn't even put my name forward for anything tbh, don't know how I've appeared on this list.

It is very nice of gibby to admit that it is "undeniable" that darklight is an autoblocker.  At least Darklight understands how stupid he would look if he tried to argue with gibby. I am really surprised that nobody minds or cares that well known cheater autoblocker now hosts main duel tournament.  I am not surprised though that gibby didnt ban darklight on ludus. Wouldnt expect any better admin judgment from the only guy since 2010 who got thrown out from adminship in the WPL.  :lol:

Zoyka said:
It is very nice of gibby to admit that it is "undeniable" that darklight is an autoblocker.  At least Darklight understands how stupid he would look if he tried to argue with gibby. I am really surprised that nobody minds or cares that well known cheater autoblocker now hosts main duel tournament.  I am not surprised though that gibby didnt ban darklight on ludus. Wouldnt expect any better admin judgment from the only guy since 2010 who got thrown out from adminship in the WPL.  :lol:

8f89d2379cb40fd4ceddbca2b5c7eb89.png

Zoyka said:
Why are you dodging the topic? If it was me using autoblock instead of darklight what would you do? Two-faced hypocrite.

If it was you, you wouldn't duel me so it wouldn't be possible to find out.

The decision has been made. There is no reason to argue about it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom