erlexec.exe

Users who are viewing this thread

Artyem

Sergeant Knight
When I try to run Wings3d, I get the error "Cannot find erlexec.exe"

I use Windows 7, 64 bit with an ATI Radeon HD 5700, not sure if that matters, but I might as well throw that in.

Bolkonsky said:
Have you checked for erlexec.exe to see if it's there?

I have, and all I see is erlexec.dll, I suppose it's hard to run an extension without anything for it to extend.

I've googled this, not many pages on it and half of the results don't have much to do with the problem.

Artyem said:
Bolkonsky said:

I have, and all I see is erlexec.dll, I suppose it's hard to run an extension without anything for it to extend.

I've googled this, not many pages on it and half of the results don't have much to do with the problem.

Did you try re-downloading it? 

Bolkonsky said:
Artyem said:
Bolkonsky said:

Did you try re-downloading it?

Many times, I've tried to do a replacement install 3 times and I've done 3 complete reinstalls.

Have you uninstalled, then done this: 
Swyter said:
Easy: Press Windows + R and paste this in the box: "
Code:
%appdata%\Wings3D
" You should be seeing a
Code:
Preferences.txt
file. Get rid of it.

Boom! You have just won a fresh install.  :smile:
and then re-installed? 

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with a few things. I installed Wings3d version 1.91 and I received the same error that I got with 1.4

My friend had a very similar problem, can't remember the exact error but it was like this. He updated the catalyst drivers to 11.2 (I think, is that the latest?) and it worked.
Try updating your drivers, assuming you haven't already done so

Thank you for all of the help. But it seems I fixed it. I was on the right road from the start, when I had a friend of mine send me a copy of his Wings3d folder, I compared the bin folder to mine. His had a file named "Erl" and mine didn't. When I copied this into my bin folder, I launched the game and received an error that said something along the lines of "Could not open erlexec.dll" I got angry and was about to post a screenshot of the error when I realized something.

It was trying to open these files from Program Files, when it had been installed by default to Program Files(x86). I moved the wings3d folder into my Program Files and launched it, it worked.

So I guess if anyone else has the problem, there are a few ways to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom