SP - Economy Equipment vs Commodities

Users who are viewing this thread

STR4Y

Recruit
Bannerlord, ostensibly, treats commodities and equipment very differently. In example, a ton of imported velvet is often worth less than the cheapest 2H sword.

This makes sense to me because you, the player, and other banner lords, will pay huge sums for weapons and armor. And you need t gate off the best equipment until the end-game.

However, you wouldn’t buy 10 sets of armor. And that’s the problem as is, commodities and equipment are treated very differently in price, but not functionally on the market.

This lack of distinction is what’s creating the smithing exploit.

This is how I propose to make the distinction, but, honestly, I care less about the method than that some kind of distinction is made.

Firstly, forcing a city to give you all their money for one expensive item makes no sense. If sold at ‘market,’ equipment should only be traded at specific vendors, who have a relatively low capital on hand, pay reduced rates, and the price should reduce significantly for each additional item of that type sold. Like a pawn shop. These shops could also randomly sell old, very useful and expensive items with no resale value like an old warriors spear or something.

In order to sell equipment at full price, sell to lords.

However, you can only sell them 1 of whatever type of item and it needs to be better than what they have, or whatever you just sold them. This way you can’t drop 15 100K javelins on Caladog and walk away a millionaire. If you can only make a mid-tier sword, sell it to a mid-tier lord, who can only afford to pay you mid-tier money.

Lastly, and this is an easy fix, for situations where weapons are used as a commodity, i.e. the ‘gang leader needs weapons’ quest, just give us a container. We can fill the container with trash axes and deliver it full. Otherwise containers of weapons can be purchased, traded, and plundered like any other commodity.

Want to make a quest to deliver 10 javelins to a lord? Cool, go to the smithy and initiate ‘forge javelins for Caladog’ or whatever spend two days at the forge improving your smithing. Want to make a quest for a lord to buy his heir a sword? Cool, make/buy/steal/plunder 1 sword, get decent money for it.

These situations need to treat the price of equipment very differently. One BMW sedan is worth $50K to one person. 50 of the same sedan is not worth $2.5 Million to the city of London. And yet one customized car that is functionally identical to that sedan could sell to one rich person for $500K.

Back
Top Bottom