Entire party goes unconscious after-battle after player K.Oed

Users who are viewing this thread

shadowjudge

Recruit
So I am able to replicate this one quite well, and no idea why it happens. Recently downloaded and began a game with Silverstag, fighting some bandits, loving the bodyslide function, however I began to notice a recurring thing after these skirmishes...

Turns out, if my main player character was knock out during a fight, and then I slid to another unit (had a mix of swadian militia, rhodok crossbowmen and nordic shield maidens, about 60 total party size and 10-25 of each unit). Even if I won afterwards my party would always show as "1/X" (e.g 1/47 on a 47 man party), ALL of my units would show as if they had been knocked unconscious during the fight (0/10 Swadian Militia etc. hovering over my icon) and so even though I would win the fight, I would have to return to a town and rest for days before I could do anything else. This has become REALLY annoying as you can imagine and I'm hoping that someone here may have encountered this and knows a fix. The bodyslide function is one of the main reasons I chose Silverstag, and would like to find a way to continue with it working properly.

TL;DR
When player is knocked out during combat and bodyslides to another unit, all of my units show as being knocked out AFTER the battle also despite winning, e.g 1/47 troops ready for combat after.

I did a couple more bits of testing.
1.) Tried it with only 1 companion in party, switched to companion, let companion die, switched to a militia - Same thing
2.) Tried it with only 1 companion in party (who has points in leadership), switched to companion, kept companion alive until the battle was won - Same thing
3.) Tried using an old save 900 days in, using only Nord troops and 10 companions from back in 0.23 version, let myself get knocked out, switched to companion - Same thing (funny thing to note here though is, all of my units were 0/X, yet my companions were still healthy at 100%, only units were affected.
4.) Tried same as above but let companion also get beat on until I switched to a unit - Same thing

I even deleted the module folder entirely and re-downloaded the cinematic version to replace the deleted and WSE 2.0 bundled in with it, replaced every existing file with WSE from the .rar, still having the same issue. So I'm REALLY not sure what is causing this if a module delete+fresh extraction and different saves aren't working :???: I never had this back in 0.23 as far as I recall as i did 900 days there and surely would have noticed if all my units became inactive after the battle after being slid.

EDIT: Also noticed, only occurs when bodyslide is enabled, I disabled it in the options and got knocked out, waited for my forces to kill all foes, exitted the battle, and everyone is fine. So this seems to be a result of something happening with that function.

Thank you for testing that.  Yeah, it's odd that this would only now occur.  Body-sliding went in with v0.20 nearly one and a half years ago.  I would have expected to hear of this much sooner.  On the surface I can't see anything related that I've changed, but something must have broken it if it is still doing it on a fresh save game.

I'm experiencing this as well, and it more or less forces you to turn body sliding off (suddenly having all your troops wounded in bandit infested territory is no fun). Cinematic version here, and no alterations to the mod.

Sorry to resurrect this, but didn't want to produce a duplicate thread. I'm experiencing this too. Cinematic, no alterations.

shadowjudge said:
So I am able to replicate this one quite well, and no idea why it happens. Recently downloaded and began a game with Silverstag, fighting some bandits, loving the bodyslide function, however I began to notice a recurring thing after these skirmishes...

Turns out, if my main player character was knock out during a fight, and then I slid to another unit (had a mix of swadian militia, rhodok crossbowmen and nordic shield maidens, about 60 total party size and 10-25 of each unit). Even if I won afterwards my party would always show as "1/X" (e.g 1/47 on a 47 man party), ALL of my units would show as if they had been knocked unconscious during the fight (0/10 Swadian Militia etc. hovering over my icon) and so even though I would win the fight, I would have to return to a town and rest for days before I could do anything else. This has become REALLY annoying as you can imagine and I'm hoping that someone here may have encountered this and knows a fix. The bodyslide function is one of the main reasons I chose Silverstag, and would like to find a way to continue with it working properly.

TL;DR
When player is knocked out during combat and bodyslides to another unit, all of my units show as being knocked out AFTER the battle also despite winning, e.g 1/47 troops ready for combat after.

I just came back to Silverstag and installed the new 0.26 version on another computer i just got and now I get this same problem.  I tested same version on my older pc and I don't have this issue.  I did a clean install of both 1.153 and 1.158 to test and get same issue.  Only thing I can think of is because it's either Windows 10 or my Intel graphics card on this computer (though I don't know why this would cause that).

Wierd thing is at first I was crashing to desktop (twice) if I body slid to another troop member then won the fight.  Before I would get to the battle report and loot screen I would CTD.  But now my entire army goes unconscious after winning the battle.  It's really easy to test.  I just start a new game and hire a few troops at town then find some looters and let them knock me out then win the fight and it happens every time.

Using basic version fresh install of both.

I guess there is no fix for this yet it seems?

Edit:

This problem is really a puzzle.  I copied over my entire directory of 0.25 Silverstag and game saves from old pc and I can play that save game without any of these 2 bugs.  But if I start a new game with that same version or any other version of Silverstag on my new pc the army will all go unconsious if I body slide and win fight.

Somehow starting a new game of M&B on this pc creates errors that aren't in my normal saves from other pc.  Anyone using Windows 10 and playing this mod?  I'm wondering if it's that or my Intel chipset graphics card somehow causing these issues?

It's like something isn't generated correctly when I start a new game on this pc.

Also I have another problem with 0.27.2 that shows my health bar as full when I enter arena/tourny even if I have 5 hp.  The full health bar will only be 5 / 5 hp's.  Instead of shows 5/55 and mostly black bar.

"Changed - Removed post combat wounding for body-sliding mechanic.  Temporary change for wide-spread testing."

So there has been no apparent fix for this so far, but I just saw this in the pending 0.27.3 patch, is this a hopeful fix for the bug? If so when can we expect 0.27.3 to drop so we can try this potential fix? I truly love playing Silverstag, imo the most fun mod to play, but not being able to use bodyslide because if I die on my character my entire army dies is really irritating to deal with  :???:

Back
Top Bottom