Engineer/machinist, tech-based playthrough?

Users who are viewing this thread

I love this mod and I'm always trying to come up with interesting ideas for new playthroughs. I've done some unit-based playthroughs (eg female-only, Sarleon-only) but I usually end up building more or less the same kind of character. This time around, I want to do a different character that uses different weapon types.

One idea I've wanted to mess around with is a character based on using a repeating crossbow. In Morgh's, you can adjust the number of shots a crossbow will fire before it runs out of ammo. The idea is, I'd be an engineer type of character from a foreign country that upgrades his (custom) crossbow as he gains levels. I'd go for a pure int type of character, and maybe even ignore most str/agi skills even if I have the stats to raise them (eg no power strike? oof.)

I could also turn it into a crossbow-based playthrough, as I haven't played a lot with crossbow troops. Everyone is raving about EAC and KotEG and I might as well try them out.

Any other ideas for an unusual or interesting character? I thought about playing some kind of thief/assassin type with a 99 stack of throwing weapons, but that didn't seem too fitting. In Native, they had a group playthrough with a max movespeed character with 45 agi and 10 athletics starting who was not allowed to wear any armor. Another idea would be some kind of Wulfbode character where I start with 30 strength and use the cheatmenu to equip Wulfbode's armor. Would be a berserker type of playthrough.

Any thoughts? If I go with the crossbow playthrough, what would be a decent amount of scaling to be powerful enough in combat but not OP?

Perisno has a cool Dwarven Crossbow that loads 3 bolts at a time. Its fairly powerful at something like 70p damage. I have no idea how one would go about bringing something like that into PoP though

Lord Irontoe said:
Perisno has a cool Dwarven Crossbow that loads 3 bolts at a time. Its fairly powerful at something like 70p damage. I have no idea how one would go about bringing something like that into PoP though

You can use Morgh's to change the stats of any existing item (usually use it to increase food quantity and price). I'm testing it now to see if a new item shows up.

Back
Top Bottom