Endurance riding ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zonks

Recruit
I saw some screen shots over at paradox plaza and noticed that athletics was out and Endurance riding was in, any idea what Endurance riding will be for ?

Possibly the game is going to force you to camp and rest by giving you a speed and/or morale penalty if you keep going for too long at a time, and that skill might be used to mitigate that.
Also, link to relevant screenshot, please?

Quoting countless of captioned cats, "Not sure if want." I always assumed travelling speed was "average" speed that included all the necessary eating and sleeping. I mean, how can they eat all that food when they walk?

Ah well.

Are you sure this would be a map skill? What if it determines how long you can keep your horse galloping during battle, before having to slow down?

Ringwraith #5 said:
Possibly the game is going to force you to camp and rest by giving you a speed and/or morale penalty if you keep going for too long at a time, and that skill might be used to mitigate that.
Also, link to relevant screenshot, please?

That would make some sense, I had always figured the men don't complain much when forced to march for days on end.
http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php?page=product&what=view&sku=DD-TWMB

Image number 5 at the bottom of the page.

sneakey pete said:
Looks pre .600 actually!
finally a veteran who knows the deal! :eek:

i mean i'm only .903, but look at some of them! the "prison cell" has less eye-candy than a typical NetHack level.

as much as i'd like to see an "endurance riding" skill included, i doubt this will be the case. armagan just wants to keep the game more arcade, i guess.

Yeah those are from back when I started playing....  I remember ye olde skull arch of attributes!

When the cool thing was limiting the types of troops you can have!  See in the pic, how leadership adds extra... STACKS to your party.  Thats from back then all right.

Yeah, he should've posted the pic before making me all excited... That's obviously from around the time I started playing M&B + there are far fewer skills in that pic than there are in 0.960.

Lord Sami said:
Are you sure this would be a map skill? What if it determines how long you can keep your horse galloping during battle, before having to slow down?

No, it's just a guess. And it's not like it matters anymore.

Also, why the frack does that site have such ancient screenshots? I mean, the box art is up to date, so somebody obviously updated the page recently. Why didn't they touch the screenshots? Sloppy bastards...

Panzerblitz said:
Quoting countless of captioned cats, "Not sure if want." I always assumed travelling speed was "average" speed that included all the necessary eating and sleeping. I mean, how can they eat all that food when they walk?

Ah well.

eating and small breaks maybe, but sleeping would be a stretch. Thats what camps are for :eek:

If you read the skill description on leadership, you can see that it is from the days when you could only have so many stacks of units.  That was done away with like a year and a half ago in version .75x or somewhere around there.  I started playing in .623 and even back then there was no endurance riding skill, so that screen is very very old indeed. 

endurance_riding 2 6 5 Troop's_contribution_to_party_map_travel_speed_is_increased_by_10%_per_skill_level._Effects:self

I stand corrected, I have only been addicted to this game since 0.960, I thought it may have been something new added.

Back
Top Bottom