End game is a disaster for me

Users who are viewing this thread

I've finally got a Kingdom, 2 cities and one castle, $2M cash, $5,000 day income, 6 companions and 4 armies .. but I'm going under. This is because I'm a small fish in a small pond ,with 2 large sharks. The sharks keep trying to eat me. I want to become a vassal to one of the sharks .. but there is no option to submit .. sigh.

RAGE quits are common now. .. must accept my fate. The end is nigh ..

Poor you....
I would tell you it's EA but you know that don't you? Starting your own kingdom while core diplomacy features are missing and couple other things are incomplete....? Ehhhh, for testing sure, but don't expect miracles unless you cheat or exploit.
Rage quitting is for spoiled infants. ?

Poor you....
I would tell you it's EA but you know that don't you? Starting your own kingdom while core diplomacy features are missing and couple other things are incomplete....? Ehhhh, for testing sure, but don't expect miracles unless you cheat or exploit.
Rage quitting is for spoiled infants. ?

Not looking for your sympathies , wondering whether this type of ending is common place ? Will players face huge factions near the end ? If so, should kingdom players be allowed to become a vassal ? Also, does the game become more enjoyable or frustrating near the end ?

BTW, blaming "Electronic Arts" for everything is getting old.

Not looking for your sympathies , wondering whether this type of ending is common place ? Will players face huge factions near the end ? If so, should kingdom players be allowed to become a vassal ? Also, does the game become more enjoyable or frustrating near the end ?

How about this?

Heh that's what I was about to suggest! No more MR nice guy! You tried to play legit, but the vassals just take your land and change sides!
You wanna make peace but they just take your money and attack you the next day! It's time to stop taking castles and start taking heads!

Who is your big sharks and what units do you use? IMO Khuzaits and Vlandia are the strongest opponents, but they can be defeated.
If you need units you can't get by normal means do this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-recruitment-option-dont-fix-its-good.422720/
If you're really in a bad spot, Horse archers are the strongest units in the game if you use them to their full capability. 100 HA can kill 1k of what AI lords have, if you use good tactics and retreat before they run out of arrows. Move them to a hill or to the back left of the map, intercept and kill enemy HA yourself(no distractions), let them fire on the enemy as they get close, then move them away. If they have many cav do the f3-f6 to form a wedge as cav gets close, then charge after the Cav(that lives) back off, then move them to a good spot, repeat.

You have so much money you can buy lots of food and make good troops and start hunting them down, even if they take your towns you can catch them when they're not in an army and start picking them off. 2m will last you for 10 games, you can fight them forever no matter what they do.

You can't be the ruler Calradia NEEDS, but you can be the one it deserves!

I've finally got a Kingdom, 2 cities and one castle, $2M cash, $5,000 day income, 6 companions and 4 armies .. but I'm going under. This is because I'm a small fish in a small pond ,with 2 large sharks. The sharks keep trying to eat me. I want to become a vassal to one of the sharks .. but there is no option to submit .. sigh.

Bannerlord show us two important things: at the end money is useless and that you never can't win, even if you conquer everything.

I tried mu own kingdom a few times, at it always ended up in never ending war. As in me never able to go anywhere and having to sit tight and defend. Companions are useless, as they do stupid things, get caught and loose thier army.

Now playing as a vassel and now we steamroll everything, which is not fun either. I am only clan tier 4 and we basically already won.

I tried mu own kingdom a few times, at it always ended up in never ending war. As in me never able to go anywhere and having to sit tight and defend. Companions are useless, as they do stupid things, get caught and loose thier army.

Now playing as a vassel and now we steamroll everything, which is not fun either. I am only clan tier 4 and we basically already won.
Again, wait for the game to be finished. I hope TW brings back the dialogues to control companions, eg. go there, patrol there, defend that, attack that, etc.
I understand your (and others') frustration, but pretty much everything needs more work.

Yeah i know, I just wanted the Op know that he was not alone.

I still can't stop playing though. I think I have 5 campaigns going atm. ?

I think the basic problem seems to be the economics, wars should be expensive. Plus in this game, sieges are too easy to win. Should have Ratio 3 : 1 casualties .

They do, more or less, in autocalc. It is when you fight them out manually where defenders lose a lot of their advantages:

The archers on the walls do not make effective use of cover. They let fly and reload in full view of the attacker's archers. The defenders feed units onto the wall or into the gate, effectively turning the siege into a straight melee press. And they never fall back from the wall and force attackers to stream out into exposed areas for archers to have a field day with. But it also an issue of morale; defenders who hit starvation suffer big morale penalties as well, which really does not help either.

Now that being said, there are many successful siege defenses in BL -- especially if you count sieges where the attacker gets smashed by a relieving army or starts starving and ****s offs.

Have you tried asking any of your enemies’s vassals or even you non-enemy’s vassals to join you? I have found this to be great way to turn any tide if I feel outmatched.

Have you actually created your own kingdom? That's probably why there's no option to become a vassal of another faction.

Also, you could try suing for peace with one of the sharks.

Have you actually created your own kingdom? That's probably why there's no option to become a vassal of another faction.

Also, you could try suing for peace with one of the sharks.

Yes, created my own kingdom with a mod - F4 instant kingdom. I pay for peace all the time, that's the expensive problem. For the money I pay, i should get peace for more than 3 - 5 days.

Have you tried asking any of your enemies’s vassals or even you non-enemy’s vassals to join you? I have found this to be great way to turn any tide if I feel outmatched.

No, not yet, I'm a merchant king with the personality of an accountant. I tried earlier without success, will try again now.

Some of the descriptions in these posts make me wonder the difficulty setting that is being used. It seems to me every complaint should include the difficulty setting. When someone says it is "easy" to win I wonder, are they playing the 1/3 damage setting? That is fine to get used to the game and see how the difficulty settings play out, but it makes it hard to assess the complaints.

I play on realistic, but I am not sure how much a difference it makes. I can still take on armies that are four times my size, except the one time the ai sallied out, and charged me with 249 horse archers. That was a.. special ecperience. ?

For me the own kingdom worked quite well. I persuaded some lords to join me and then I kept an eye during castle/city distribution to give each lord at least one or two fiefs. I did not pay attention towards the relation for this decision. This way no lord left my kingdom.
It was essential to train high tier troops and keep some converting prisoners at hand, so You can boost Your army just before a siege above troop limit :wink:
Don't forget to boost Your army's cohesion if needed and disband the army from time to time to give Your lords the chance to fight bandits and lesser factions.
The problem was the endgame after I conquered all Calradia. Only two factions disappeared with a short notice. The others remained active , roaming the land with small armies with no chance to capture a castle or city.

I have tried twice to get to the end, but in both games, the last attempt with 7 kingdoms at war with me, I only had enough money to buy off two at half a million each. My relations with enemy Lords and Kings was up to 90% in some cases, but it did not matter.
As you expand, and you are attacked by just three Kingdoms is bad enough, and I found I was retaking castle and towns all the time, but with 7!
Without diplomacy, or some sort of limit on how many factions can attack, it's hopeless. It seemed as my size and total army size grew, (bigger than most, only one faction, Northern Empire had more), multiple Kingdoms attacked. I had a couple of vassals seemed to just disappear, as I saw no notification of capture.
It was fun, but you have to accept the limitation's, there is a lot of work yet to be done, but I do accept some will find the lack of triggers towards the end to limit aggressive Kingdoms with no way to barter frustrating due to massive sums involved. One thing I do miss is the ability to hang on to Lords captured without the system bartering them back, sometimes multiple times in a game day without my interaction.

Back
Top Bottom